Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

32 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm still confused by the spot in the 3rd quarter. They spotted the ball at the 8 when it was clearly out at about the 11 or 12. 

Then they reviewed it and still couldn't get it correct. Just unbelievable. 

Did they actually review it? TV said nothing at all about what they were doing that I heard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I didn’t notice that. But again, Galindo was talking about Barbie or something completely unrelated to what was happening on the field. 

I didn't really pay attention because the spot was so egregious and the stoppage of play made me think it was definitely getting overturned. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn't really pay attention because the spot was so egregious and the stoppage of play made me think it was definitely getting overturned. 

Maybe it didn't come through on the Longhorn Network feed but I was listening to Craig Way. At the end of the quagmire the referee clearly said that the spot of the ball was not reviewable. It made zero sense. They had just reviewed the spot of a ball for a similar situation a few plays earlier.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Maybe it didn't come through on the Longhorn Network feed but I was listening to Craig Way. At the end of the quagmire the referee clearly said that the spot of the ball was not reviewable. It made zero sense. They had just reviewed the spot of a ball for a similar situation a few plays earlier.
LHN didn't address it at all, like not just the spot but didn't even acknowledge there was a lengthy delay with no time out lol. They just kept talking like they normally would between plays.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Craig Way said the refs told Sark that the spot of the ball is not challengeable. WTF? Isn’t every TD or first down review a challenge of where the ball was spotted?

But also how awful of a spot it is that a coaching staff on the opposite side of the field wants to challenge a 1 yard gain on 1st down? 

The coaching staff knew it was at least 4 yards off and that was on the opposite fucking sideline. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:
7 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

LHN didn't address it at all, like not just the spot but didn't even acknowledge there was a lengthy delay with no time out lol. They just kept talking like they normally would between plays.

The LHN didn't even know that Wyoming was starting their backup QB despite it being rumored all over social media for days AND said backup taking all the first team snaps in pregame warmups.  So the LHN not addressing it is just par for the course.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

The LHN didn't even know that Wyoming was starting their backup QB despite it being rumored all over social media for days AND said backup taking all the first team snaps in pregame warmups.  So the LHN not addressing it is just par for the course.

It was a wrinkle!  Lowell was genuinely clueless. 

• Haha 1

It sounds like they were not saying it is not reviewable they were saying it is not challengable, which what that tells you is they can review it but the guys who call for reviews didn't call for it.  So the Big 12 guys in the box or wherever they are saw that and were like, "nah you guys are good" but saw the 3rd down Wyoming catch or the Ewers TD and were like, "WAIT A MINUTE HOLD EVERYTHING"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Well it was fozzy’s first call as an analyst. I assume it was an audition of sorts and he doesn’t want to give espn a reason not to bring him into the larger fold.  Maybe Lowell too but after all of the talent that they’ve seasoned on lhn and brought over, for him to still be here likely speaks about his chances. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The problem on the play where they blew the spot so badly was that the ref on the sideline where the QB ran out of bounds, who should have been responsible for the spot, got knocked on his ass.  None of the rest of the crew held the spot when that happened so they just kinda picked a spot. 

They absolutely should have reviewed it themselves without being asked and ignoring Sark's pleas to review the spot was absolutely bullshit and pure incompetence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

They also just watched Barron make a great play after they tackled a defender while the ball was in the air.

Also it's really hard to run temp when the refs seems to be doing all sorts of ticky tacky technical shit to disrupt the flow.

God damn, this. They will stop the game and have a giant conference to discuss god knows what. Meanwhile the defense we are tempoing to death that is sucking wind gets a chance to regroup.

Edited by Pam Cummings

45 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

God damn, this. They will stop the game and have a giant conference to discuss god knows what. Meanwhile the defense we are tempoing to death that is sucking wind gets a chance to regroup.

This was honestly the most annoying part of the night.

Offense struggling to find rhythm?  Wonder if the stoppage of play every time we started to establish any, usually for some bullshit discussion that had no impact on the game, might have something to do with that.

I hope CDC is at least trying to take this stuff to the big 12.  Not that I expect mr "tech better take care of business" to do anything.

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nah, the only ref worse than that dude is the one that went to the NFL

Ironically both the head Ref who screwed us in the 2015 Okie State game and the Ref who thought he was Mr Universe wearing a smaller shirt to show off his muscles and botched the Safety call against Bama last year are both in the NFL now.    Which explains why officiating in the NFL is as inconsistent as the Rig 12.

This also means if the trend stays on course, the White hat from last nights game will be seen in the NFL soon.  Rig 12 Refs that screw over Texas with an agenda and incompetence seems to be a good resume bullet point 

Also, from where I sat last night, it sure looked like we got hosed on a DPI on them that wasn't called in the first half, then on a DPI that was called on us after we stopped them on 3rd down, then they ended up getting a FG.  I don't think I can sit through those first 3 quarters again on the DVR to see if that's right, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Back judge ran out and grabbed ewers to stop him from celebrating a td

10 hours ago, bigcigar said:

Saw that on the replay. Wtf was that guy doing?

1 hour ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

seriously got up in his face like he was instigating some shit.  

It was so bizarre.  If I were Ewers I'd consider suing for assault.

(Not really but fuck that ref)

9 hours ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Yeah, that was bullshit.  They reviewed a spot during the game to see if Gunnar scored, and also to see if Wyoming WR made the 1st down around the 9yd line.

Ridiculous mistake and explanation by Rig12 Refs 😬

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Also, from where I sat last night, it sure looked like we got hosed on a DPI on them that wasn't called in the first half, then on a DPI that was called on us after we stopped them on 3rd down, then they ended up getting a FG.  I don't think I can sit through those first 3 quarters again on the DVR to see if that's right, though.

Yes. Both happened and were egregious. 

• Hook 'Em 2