Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

6 hours ago, stork642 said:

That being said when your star QB throws 2 picks and has a fumble I’m shocked the game was even that close.  Ewers sucked about as bad as the refs.  Bad combination.  

Don’t post shit like this when you didn’t actually watch the game.  You clearly did not or you wouldn’t possibly think that this is valid “analysis”.  You just read the box score, apparently.

ETA:  I don’t put this loss on the refs, by the way, but to say Quinn sucked, citing the two picks as evidence, is bullshit.

Edited by scottsins
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

First fucking play of the game Texas receives the punt and there’s a face mask.  No call.  Fuckery continued in the form of hold after hold by OU.   Texas had their chances, but to say not allowing the DL pressure the QB consistently as they have all season pisses me the fuck off 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Everbody is talking about the PI.  Go to 3:47 of that video above watch the positioning of their player right up the middle and explain how he is not just flat out holding the rush up the middle.  The ref is sitting there watching it happen.....that my friends was the key play on that drive and the worst piece of reffing on that drive.  

YES. I called it all the way from Section 113. Dude has a full sleeper hold on our DL. No call, of course. Infuriating.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

YES. I called it all the way from Section 113. Dude has a full sleeper hold on our DL. No call, of course. Infuriating.

Yea saw it easily from section 9.  I'm sure the end zone shot will show the old arm hook around the neck the Big 12 has seemed to never care much about.  Without that hold there is either a devastating sack given the clock situation OR the hold gets called and it is 1st and 20 from the OU 42 with about 50 seconds left vs 1st and 10 from our 20.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, wood said:

Over and over and over ... 

It's like they expect the defender to just suspend the laws of physics and disappear.

No doubt.  But there was one play where Ewers could have done the exact same thing and didn't.  I wish he would have.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea saw it easily from section 9.  I'm sure the end zone shot will show the old arm hook around the neck the Big 12 has seemed to never care much about.  Without that hold there is either a devastating sack given the clock situation OR the hold gets called and it is 1st and 20 from the OU 42 with about 50 seconds left vs 1st and 10 from our 20.  

It was a game-changing non-call. That, coupled with the non-called PI on Worthy and the called PI on an out-of-bounds OU pass to nearly seal it, gave OU the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Generally, bitching about refs is aggy. But, generally, reffing is usually right and bad calls will be made occasionally. Generally, reffing affects teams equally.

There certainly seems to be a pattern.  More bad calls and non calls yesterday that hurt us. When margins are razor thin, one-sided reffing can make the difference.  That's what angers me more than anything - everyone works so fucking hard to be successful and puts so much into this only to have a corrupt or incompetent factor beyond anyone's control be the deciding factor.

OU is coached to hold.  When you have good technique and do it every play, it is an effective strategy. Good technique hides it and refs won't call it if it happens every play.  When your mascot literally means "cheaters" we should not wonder.

Edited by Ojo Rojo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

If you watch any SEC game, it’s a night and day difference in how the referees manage the game. It’s so much cleaner, flows much better, replay officials know what they are doing when they buzz down for reviews and you they don’t get together and huddle for 20 minutes for every penalty or close call.

It’s not even the calls or no calls (although those also suck), it’s just the constant stop and go in gameplay and the inability to let a game have a rhythm.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Texas DB locks up the receiver's arm, impedes his progress, and drives him out of bounds.  Sucks, but that was the right call.  

It is 100% legal to chuck and wall a receiver in NCAA football.  It's legal to do in the NFL under 5 yards or past if the WR never gets even with you.

6 hours ago, scottsins said:

Don’t post shit like this when you didn’t actually watch the game.  You clearly did not or you wouldn’t possibly think that this is valid “analysis”.  You just read the box score, apparently.

ETA:  I don’t put this loss on the refs, by the way, but to say Quinn sucked, citing the two picks as evidence, is bullshit.

I was shocked to look at the stats post-game and see Ewers was 31/37 passing. Of course it was mostly side-to-side swing passes and not as much down the field. I think we only took one (???) deep shot the entire game. The INT on the second play of the game was a horrible pass and was crucial in letting OU into the game with little effort. It 100% jump-started their "we can do this" feeling.

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

First fucking play of the game Texas receives the punt and there’s a face mask.  No call.  Fuckery continued in the form of hold after hold by OU.   Texas had their chances, but to say not allowing the DL pressure the QB consistently as they have all season pisses me the fuck off 

It was the opening kickoff wasn't it?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Looking forward to next year when you have a "Fuck the SEC refs thread". 

For a team that for decades received game-changing favorable officiating all the time to now ALWAYS complain that they only reason they lost was because of the officiating is so absurdly laughable.

Next year it will be:  The SEC has their refs against us because they don't want us winning it our first year.  I guarantee it.  Can't wait to see it.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 19
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, scottsins said:

Chill out Mr Ewers.  I am a big Quinn fan but anytime your QB turns the ball over 3 fucking times in this game that teams chances are nil.  The second interception wasn’t his fault but the other two turnovers were 100% on him.  It was a total team loss but Quinn definitely did his part.  

For a team that for decades received game-changing favorable officiating all the time to now ALWAYS complain that they only reason they lost was because of the officiating is so absurdly laughable.
Next year it will be:  The SEC has their refs against us because they don't want us winning it our first year.  I guarantee it.  Can't wait to see it.  

Decades? Prove it asshole. That is absolute horseshit.

Get slorch out here too. He can discuss that non call on the punt return in 2008. Never mind that that game was blatantly in your favor.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Who cares about the referees? In case you didn’t know it, this could have been a lawless free for all and OU staff and players would have wanted it more and made Texas their bitch for the nation to see. The earlier you make peace with that, you’ll understand this is ALL on the Texas staff for coming into this game so lackadaisical. You can insert almost any year in the past 23 years if you want. Instead you’re all finding way to explain the fuck-all mentality it takes to be okay losing to these fucks time and time and time again when the talent is there to proverbially mushroom stamp them and their mothers on their foreheads.

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I was just about to say we should just start teaching our guys that move if they're just gonna allow it. Then I remembered that when one of our boys does it, it suddenly gets called.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

Rig 12 officials are incompetent AND on the take.  The PI non call on worthy in the 4th was an official just saying, nope, Texas, not gonna call it.  We've had that same play not called 3 times this year.  DB pushes our WR before the ball gets there without looking back.  Nope not gonna call it...Texas.
nobody gives a fuck about Tech, this year and even less of a fuck next year.

Before they went retard and fired Mike leach they were the talk of college football every couple of years for more than a decade and close to two. They Nebraska’d themselves and I find it hilarious.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

If you watch any SEC game, it’s a night and day difference in how the referees manage the game. It’s so much cleaner, flows much better, replay officials know what they are doing when they buzz down for reviews and you they don’t get together and huddle for 20 minutes for every penalty or close call.

It’s not even the calls or no calls (although those also suck), it’s just the constant stop and go in gameplay and the inability to let a game have a rhythm.

It trruly is a remarkable difference. Even when the Rig 12 refs get it right, it takes them 5 minutes to do it. I bet they add an average half an hour to the game.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

It's still amazing that in one game with SEC officials there were two called PIs against Texas WRs. In the other 5 games, all with Big 12 officials, not a fucking one. Don't even get me started on the taunting, late hit on Quinn, and the fact that OU was one the most penalized teams in the country and only had 4 called against them while Texas is one of the most disciplined teams in the country but had 7 called against them.

two missed face masks and the no call PI were enough to tilt the game. Still gotta play. No excuses but damn it burns. F the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Meh. Go fuck yourself, and enjoy these awesome refs into perpetuity. I'm sure you'll love it, because after all the conference will be better without Texas and OU sucks, right?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

It's still amazing that in one game with SEC officials there were two called PIs against Texas WRs. In the other 5 games, all with Big 12 officials, not a fucking one. Don't even get me started on the taunting, late hit on Quinn, and the fact that OU was one the most penalized teams in the country and only had 4 called against them while Texas is one of the most disciplined teams in the country but had 7 called against them.

From what I recall, only one of the OU penalties was during live action and that was caught on review.

It is 100% legal to chuck and wall a receiver in NCAA football.  It's legal to do in the NFL under 5 yards or past if the WR never gets even with you.

I think this one is vastly misunderstood if I’m interpreting it correctly.

Years ago, it may have been a Brandon Jones/Haines hit and pick versus OU. People went apeshit about the non call on interference. I think the hit was before the pass or at least that was the interpretstion.

You can’t grab or hold but downfield contact is acceptable assuming the ball is not in the air.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Your mother was a shitty parent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

If you don’t watch our games, you can shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

HAHAHAHA! You are ignorant of history and you can't read either. You must be aggy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

I think this one is vastly misunderstood if I’m interpreting it correctly.

Years ago, it may have been a Brandon Jones/Haines hit and pick versus OU. People went apeshit about the non call on interference. I think the hit was before the pass or at least that was the interpretstion.

You can’t grab or hold but downfield contact is acceptable assuming the ball is not in the air.

Yes.  NFL, college, and NFHS all have different rules.

These as examples aren't a penalty in college, it is highly encouraged by DB coaches to do this when you can:

image.png.c976e3a8fa47e770f020f0081b228a3b.png

image.png.67a4561493f7a7dd7fd17515ebf547e0.png

Middle linebacker (note that even in the NFL the defender owns his own space even past 5 yards, he isn't obligated to let the route go through him, but LB would have to release if the receiver gets even or past him):

image.png.a5b98d5569f96b5b5f1dfbc7bb607f32.png

Note that ALL contact by the offense is OPI even simply holding a defender off you:

image.png.8f1a0646447b5e98f1dbb4d954767f0a.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Big 12 is among the worst conferences in terms of officiating. PAC may be the worst....BIG/SEC are the leaders of the clubhouse in terms of good officiating. 

1) BIG
2) SEC
3) ACC
4) Big 12
5) PAC 2

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Yes, as bad as the Big 12 is, the PAC is worse and I'm not sure that's even debatable.   The B1G must pay the best because they poach good crews from other conferences.  Pretty much every good B12 crew over the past decade left for B1G.

Edited by JBJ
  • Drool 1

@JBJ I got one for you. First drive of 2nd half. 3rd and 2. About the 12:32 mark. No interference as the throw was behind the LOS. But illegal block coming from the outside in?

And just to get you punks rolling, on the second play of the winning drive, who’s got OPI on Stoopsie? The ball still is airborne, and he’s started to block Barron.