Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Makes it even more likely it's their surprise game. They do shit like that (like when they'd quit for the year and beat LSU like a red headed step child last year) all the time- it's part of their charm.  I'm gonna put 50 on it at my +140 and root like hell for them to lose.  And if they win, take the wife out to a nice seafood dinner at the red lobster off the highway.  We are high rollers like that. 

ATM has usually had a game like that every year, but it is usually at home.  (LSU last year, Bama in 2021, etc.)  When was their last upset on the road?

2 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Lost their last 8 on the road, 1-7 against the spread in those games.

Last year, they lost to shitty Auburn.

In 2021, they lost to shitty LSU.

We shall see.  That's going to make it even more head scratching for anyone to try to figure out.  Also- I feel like yall are ignoring the fact that Ole Miss isn't particularly good and can be big brothered along the line, and aggy DLine is actually pretty disruptive.  Maybe I'm wrong. I think I'm like 5-2 on them this year though- have had a pretty good sense so far for what they are.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Excluding corona 2020, ATM is 4-14 on the road under Fisher. To your point, 0-8 for their last 8. They have wins against the mighty 2018 SCarCocks, 7-6; 2019 Ole Miss, 4-8; 2021 Colorado, 4-8; and 2021 Missouri, 6-7. Wow.

I don't think this Ole Miss team is the same collapsing pile of shit that as last year. They have an excellent offense. They've beaten other quality opponents already. Tulane is good. Georgia Tech is figuring some things out and might be a bowl team. LSU is pretty good.

They've handled the bad teams pretty well too. They throttled Vandy and Mercer. Auburn scored a meaningless TD with under a minute to play in a game that Ole Miss had put away. Arkansas is the one outlier, sure.

They played Bama tough. They're relatively injury-free and Judkins has started to come on. 

You're overrating ATM's front 7 at this point. They have injuries, little LB depth, and the scheme blows. You, me, and another random from this board could go out there against SCar and throw their OL around, so there's nothing to read from that performance. 

I'm guessing Ole Miss rolls those dipshits by 2 TDs. 

I hope you are right and I’m wrong. So let it be written so let it be done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I just put $50 on Ole Miss at -3.

The only thing that worries me is that Vegas occasionally knows more than I do, so I'm wondering why the spread is so close...

If Vegas only occasionally knows more than you, then I would be expecting you to be betting everything you have all the time, because you clearly have created a perpetual money machine. 

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If Vegas only occasionally knows more than you, then I would be expecting you to be betting everything you have all the time, because you clearly have created a perpetual money machine. 

I live in Florida, so can't take on Vegas unless I'm out of town like I am now, lucky for them.

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I've got aggy on moneyline.  I think they win this one fairly easily.  I think their Dline sort of abuses Ole Miss and they throttle that offense the way Bama did.  Those dipshits get up for one game a year and play over their heads and pull off a surprise.  My guess is that this is that game for them this year.  

They will lose by at least 20 and there will be some type of infighting/sideline or locker room scuffle. So it shall be. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You're overrating ATM's front 7 at this point. They have injuries, little LB depth, and the scheme blows. You, me, and another random from this board could go out there against SCar and throw their OL around, so there's nothing to read from that performance. 

your schadenfreude is blinding you. the front 7 is playing as well as anyone in the country and the scheme has actually been substantially tweaked, to the point i'm convinced durkin is telling jimbo to shut the fuck up anytime he tells him to play it more conservative. (highlight this when ole miss runs for 300 again.)

it's the rest of the plane built out of flammable twine that is going to lead to kiffin running it up. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bizzle said:

your schadenfreude is blinding you. the front 7 is playing as well as anyone in the country and the scheme has actually been substantially tweaked, to the point i'm convinced durkin is telling jimbo to shut the fuck up anytime he tells him to play it more conservative. (highlight this when ole miss runs for 300 again.)

it's the rest of the plane built out of flammable twine that is going to lead to kiffin running it up. 

This is the first offense worth a fuck that ATM has played all season. Every other opponent has either been comically inept or tragically flawed. 

24 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Tweaked against who, exactly? South Carolina's oline was a mash unit plus lots of other offensive injuries. Tennessee had a minimal passing threat and still ran it straight up their ass. They sold out to stop Bama's run game which worked, but Milroe threw for 320 yards on them. Arkansas and Auburn are two of the worst offenses in college football. Miami threw for 375 on them. Kiffin's quick passing game seems like a bad matchup for the LBs and secondary. Should be interesting to see how they play against a team that first and foremost wants to sling it around. Miami's probably the closest thing they've seen to that offense and they didn't exactly look good against them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Anyone betting a&m in this game has obviously not consulted the calendar. 

Today is the last day of October and we all know what happens on the roller coaster after today.

They begin the chant, 2024 was always the year!, as they plunge. 

They crawl out of the wreckage and towards the next rollercoaster taking turns croaking out, if we keep the 2022 class, we have the talent to win a natty!

Now boarding. Furk-a-coaster! Now boarding for the 85th ride!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is the first offense worth a fuck that ATM has played all season. Every other opponent has either been comically inept or tragically flawed. 

agreed, more or less. that doesn't make the front 7 any less talented, it's not their fault the secondary is made of a bunch of dudes running 4.7's coached by a ga.

• Haha 1

Cooper has become a monster. His full-field range has been critical against the weak offenses A&M has played of late.

I'm no expert, but the A&M DL loves to pass rush but doesn't show the discipline necessary to consistently use their ablities to fill gaps against the run.

If they were great at rush defense, there would have been no need to add resources at the line to stifle Bama's run game. With Cooper and four great linemen playing with discipline, the Aggies have the beef to stop the run without sacrificing pass coverage.

Aggies will point to their defensive ranking, but we know those aren't conclusive due to the low level of offenses they've faced as stated above. 

It's a shame they play at the same time we do. I'd love to watch most or all of the Ole Miss game.

11 minutes ago, bizzle said:

agreed, more or less. that doesn't make the front 7 any less talented, it's not their fault the secondary is made of a bunch of dudes running 4.7's coached by a ga.

"Talent" has been a siren song for Texas fans, me included, for far too long. I know you know the perils of basing expectations and predictions around the notion of "talent" as the lead driver for your outlook.

The front 4 goes 2 deep with good to excellent talent, no doubt. I don't know who is still hurt and who isn't, but if Nolan and Regis are hurt, that does ding it some.

You're being generous with your view of the "front 7" though. Cooper's excellent. Russell is fine if he can play. York is someone you guys have to play and are now equating the idea that him starting as a true freshman means he must be really good. I don't think most folks watching your games who aren't aggies see it that way.

34 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Agreed, maybe aggy O-line has come down with flu and won't be able to play and they were able to find some large walk-ons in their 100K+ student population. The old "unknown vs known" dilemma for Vegas.

Man, if you're referring to an Aggie idea from a few years ago, bravo! 

What was it? The covid chickening out? Just an assertion that by gollee I bet we could get guys from the student body that might play better?

I just recall a guy saying what you say. "I bet we've got a lot of stud former high school players. They really care about A&M and Sully! Wadda ya say, guys? I'm sure a few defensive linemen are enrolled. Let's do it!"

I think a number of former All-District players and former crappy Safeties who are sure they know the game better than anyone supported the notion.

I spent a couple of years in the 90s not able to watch many games. When I returned to Texas to visit, I watched an Oiler game. I was a big, strong, fast lineman before the knees went. If asked, I'd probably say I could play a few downs of college ball if I had to.

Clearly, I would have died being on the field as a player in any pro game. The violence of the play and the hardness of the men playing was new to me again. My admiration for players at that level soared.

College? Whatever part of my body that got hit in any capacity would break badly. Playing in the line with a 50 to a 75 pound weight difference and only fairly regularly going to the gym for one hour workouts, I might get killed on a running play coming at my position. On a passing play, I might have got a shot at the QB is the OL started laughing so hard at how easily he slapped me around that I slipped by him. Of course, the QB would have had to hold the ball for 30 seconds.

What a joy it would have been to have students walk on and play for A&M. It'd been like the bloodiest days at the Colosseum.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

To me this game feels like the stereotypical A&M on the brink game. They ride the side of the ravine with one wheel hanging off for half the season, but they always seem to do just enough to not go tumbling over the edge every year with the exception of last season, like the proverbial turd that won't flush. It would not shock me to see them win this game and then circle the wagons on their "improvement" to give them just enough to sell more bullshit next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

To me this game feels like the stereotypical A&M on the brink game. They ride the side of the ravine with one wheel hanging off for half the season, but they always seem to do just enough to not go tumbling over the edge every year with the exception of last season, like the proverbial turd that won't flush. It would not shock me to see them win this game and then circle the wagons on their "improvement" to give them just enough to sell more bullshit next year. 

Is Just Enough Jimbo the new Seven Win Sark?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It be would be a complete fucking shock because Jimbo is fucking awful on the road. It's been nearly 10 years since aggy beat a ranked team on the road. This has all the makings of a complete ass-kicking.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Those are my two favorite cards in my collection of Garbage Pail Kids: College Football Coaches Edition.

Oh man. Well done. This seems like an idea that we can pull together with the talent we've assembled on this board. We could easily create a collection of 20, 40 or 50 for just coaches alone. Add in refs, announcers, media, ADs and the possibilities are endless. 

@TreatyOak

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We shall see.  That's going to make it even more head scratching for anyone to try to figure out.  Also- I feel like yall are ignoring the fact that Ole Miss isn't particularly good and can be big brothered along the line, and aggy DLine is actually pretty disruptive.  Maybe I'm wrong. I think I'm like 5-2 on them this year though- have had a pretty good sense so far for what they are.  

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Excluding corona 2020, ATM is 4-14 on the road under Fisher. To your point, 0-8 for their last 8. They have wins against the mighty 2018 SCarCocks, 7-6; 2019 Ole Miss, 4-8; 2021 Colorado, 4-8; and 2021 Missouri, 6-7. Wow.

I don't think this Ole Miss team is the same collapsing pile of shit that as last year. They have an excellent offense. They've beaten other quality opponents already. Tulane is good. Georgia Tech is figuring some things out and might be a bowl team. LSU is pretty good.

They've handled the bad teams pretty well too. They throttled Vandy and Mercer. Auburn scored a meaningless TD with under a minute to play in a game that Ole Miss had put away. Arkansas is the one outlier, sure.

They played Bama tough. They're relatively injury-free and Judkins has started to come on. 

I'm guessing Ole Miss rolls those dipshits by 2 TDs. 

Tulane would've beaten Ole Miss if the starting QB had played. I just see this as typical Ole Miss under Kiffen. Yes, they beat LSU in a track meet but they won't beat anybody else of substance and will probably lose one or two they shouldn't. They shouldn't lose to aggy. But Jimbo no longer wins road games. I hope Ole Miss boat-races aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Agreed, maybe aggy O-line has come down with flu and won't be able to play and they were able to find some large walk-ons in their 100K+ student population. The old "unknown vs known" dilemma for Vegas.

Elephantits ain't comin' down from the stands if Bisontits goes down.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh man. Well done. This seems like an idea that we can pull together with the talent we've assembled on this board. We could easily create a collection of 20, 40 or 50 for just coaches alone. Add in refs, announcers, media, ADs and the possibilities are endless. 

@TreatyOak

Great idea. I'm in but we should monetize them. 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

That’s what the Miss St and ACU games are for. Given Bilbo-led aggy’s inability to win on the road, I just can’t see them beating the fighting Kiffins. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

@TreatyOak

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Great idea. I'm in but we should monetize them. 

Well, we don't have to that far for some of the cards. Bret Bielma is "Fat Fucking Retard." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bizzle said:

so Texas A&M has incredibly flawed position rooms at LB, Safety and CB? and their DC hasn't adjusted their scheme at all to help protect the DBs?

they have the #15 OFEI team this week (Ole Miss) and #2 at the end of the year. unless something changes LSU currently has one of FEI's ~10 best offenses of the last 10 years. idk what happens over the next month but if LSU beats Alabama they are in a position to be playing for the SEC Championship and ROLLING offensively going into that A&M game.