Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

9 hours ago, SomeDude said:

…like flies to honey.

image.png.1216d8eae9120902096b358e25ae1e45.png

I'm a defensive-minded coach, so we're on our way to checking off everything on Mr. Bjork's Natty List of Dominance! Tyanthony, we're really hoping you'll stick with Aggies. Why don't I come on over to your house? 

spacer.png

Waddaya say? We're surrounding you with some 3-star grinders from the tough Missouri Valley conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I thought it was like 150 feet and he had like 15 cats as well.

image.png.eaf77adfabf795e0c09a975ef1bf5d17.png

And a sweet Pinto. You likely remember poor old Mr. Truman better than I do. I bet the cats were biting him at the end.

I don't throw the word around much, but that is an awesome photograph. It was so strange to have a massive volcano eruption in the continental US.  And the power. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Plorant said:

image.png.0b378a418f27659b7ffa1dabebb6e2a1.png

If you had told Evan Stewart as he was entering his freshman year that he would he still be in school for his 4th year; he would have laughed in your face.  Guys like him are 3 and done.  The fact that he is in this situation should be proof that he made the wrong choice taking the bigger bag and hitching his wagon to Jimbo.  FAFO

What in the world do you mean? He has gotten to spend some of the prime years of his life in Tahiti on the Brazos.

52 minutes ago, Plorant said:

image.png.0b378a418f27659b7ffa1dabebb6e2a1.png

If you had told Evan Stewart as he was entering his freshman year that he would he still be in school for his 4th year; he would have laughed in your face.  Guys like him are 3 and done.  The fact that he is in this situation should be proof that he made the wrong choice taking the bigger bag and hitching his wagon to Jimbo.  FAFO

Well, you’d have to tell him that next year because he’s going into his third year and will probably still be a 3 and done. But other than that, great post! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well, you’d have to tell him that next year because he’s going into his third year and will probably still be a 3 and done. But other than that, great post! 

I think the poster you quoted is talking about the aggy in the screenshot saying Elko’s pitch should be “give us your third year and if it doesn’t work transfer for your fourth!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

19 of his 30 (63%) catches and 66% of yardage came in 3 games vs Minnesota, Nebraska and Iowa. 8 of his catches for the season came against Iowa.

this guy absolutely looks like he has wanted to be a life long Aggie though

4570417.png&w=350&h=254

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Don’t even think about questioning over on TexAgs the quality of their portal recruits. A couple of people who did are getting hammered for it. 

That’s about as close as you can get to the thumbs up without actually making a thumbs up. 

would aggy be in such desperate straits that they a paying for photo ops as standalone transactions?

I'm expecting them to get their ass kicked.  Almost the entire 1st team defense is gone and they are down to their 3rd string qb.  The interim coach is currently spending most of him time recruiting for another school.  This couldn't be set up any better for Okie State.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Other than a forfeit, which is just about as embarrassing, how?

Yes.  Don't underestimate their fear of embarrassment and the lengths it will drive them to.  They're straight up cowards.  Getting punked by a BDF team they've very recently been saying is trash would be too much at this point IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Yes.  Don't underestimate their fear of embarrassment and the lengths it will drive them to.  They're straight up cowards.  Getting punked by a BDF team they've very recently been saying is trash would be too much at this point IMO.

If they hadn't already played that card in 2020 when they were about to get rolled, I absolutely think they would be looking for a way forfeit.  As it stands, the potential to get your ass kicked is probably less embarrassing than the shit they would get for backing out of 2 bowl games in 4 years.  Also, I don't know how bowl revenue is shared in the SEC but would think they can't afford to get more on Sankey's bad side than they already are.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If they hadn't already played that card in 2020 when they were about to get rolled, I absolutely think they would be looking for a way forfeit.  As it stands, the potential to get your ass kicked is probably less embarrassing than the shit they would get for backing out of 2 bowl games in 4 years.  Also, I don't know how bowl revenue is shared in the SEC but would think they can't afford to get more on Sankey's bad side than they already are.

Fortunately for aggy, Covid and flu are raging right now. Look for a big outbreak in CS in the next few days. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought it was the reverse? Boosters pay the initial lump and then the athletic department fits the bill for 8-10 a year until it’s done? The 12th man just did a huge capital raise and signed the check to the AD recently. 

The stadium loan is to the university. If that isn’t already paid off, and it might be, they’ll just renegotiate that shit. 

Aggy is the couple knocking down $10k/month, but has a $9500 nut due. They don't care how much things cost, but just how much per month. I'm sure most of us, here on Surly, know someone like that. 4500 sq/ft. home, a new Audi SUV, and a Platinum F350, and minimum payments on $100k worth of revolving debt.

CHIEF

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I hope A&M did a thorough check on this injury bug.

I examined Garret Miller thoroughly and gave him a clean bill of health.

That's why it had to be poison, right Commander?  Because Lord knows if you put a tight end with a serious coronary condition on the field and that tight end died of a heard-related incident, you'd have a lot to answer for, wouldn't you Doctor?

Object! Move to strike! 

Sustained.

I've no more questions, your honor.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I hope A&M did a thorough check on this injury bug.

No kidding. He lost a year from his 2022 knee injury and was just carted off the field a couple weeks ago from the other knee being injured.  I don't think he's honestly walking right now.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No kidding. He lost a year from his 2022 knee injury and was just carted off the field a couple weeks ago from the other knee being injured.  I don't think he's honestly walking right now.

With the way their recruiting is going, they just need a name on a paper at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No kidding. He lost a year from his 2022 knee injury and was just carted off the field a couple weeks ago from same knee being injured again.  I don't think he's honestly walking right now.

aggy is a graveyard for 4-8 teams to exile their cripples. That's grim.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Take the p5 commit who lacks mobility to boost the morale of the stupid fanbase, or pass and take another from a low-level FCS school...

tenor.gif

• Haha 4