More layoffs at ESPN

Parliament

2 minutes ago, ouflak said:

She's half black and she embraces her heritage. That's not anti-black. Not everybody in this world fits into a pigeon hole racially.

I never said that, but okay. 

12 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

But No CR, right?

Steele was a anchor/Host. Kimes is an analyst. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Your comparison of the 2 is nonsensical. 

This. 

And Kimes has an audience/following thanks to her top notch analytical skills with the NFL but also to the other shit she does with the LeBatard Show and her podcasts which will be housed by the Mannings' Omaha Productions. She's pretty valuable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, ouflak said:

She's half black and she embraces her heritage. That's not anti-black. Not everybody in this world fits into a pigeon hole racially.

Her literal quote about Obama was "why does he identify as black when his Dad was nowhere to be found?". That's just a shitty thing to say regardless of one's politics. But in a world where being an asshole is viewed as a virtue by some, I guess you can say, yeah, she was just embracing her heritage with that comment. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

She’s half-Black and made anti-Black statements about the past president. Both can be true at the same time. 

What is racist that Hill said? If Hill is insane then so is Steele. What makes Hill insane but not Steele based on her past comments?

Barack Obama is also half-Black.

so what?

I personally agree with @Catdaddyhorn that it wasn’t a classy thing to say, but she didn’t exactly say it after stating she was speaking for ESPN.

53 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Barack Obama is also half-Black.

so what?

I personally agree with @Catdaddyhorn that it wasn’t a classy thing to say, but she didn’t exactly say it after stating she was speaking for ESPN.

Maybe ESPN as a sports channel doesn't want anyone that has controversial non-sports takes. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wait, Megyn Kelly is fine and Olbermann spouts insane rants?

Ooookay.

I said Megyn is “doing well.”  She puts out way, way more content than Olbermann, very little of which can be called rants. Olbermann can’t control himself most of the time.

And to your point, yes, Megyn is very fine on the eyes. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 3

People are letting their politics influence this Mina Kimes and Sage Steele discussion. 

Sage Steele is a dime a dozen. A good-looking woman who doesn't offer any real insight as an anchor. Mina Kimes is actually knowledgeable about sports and has good insight if you listen to her takes. 

Anybody that thinks these two are comparable is simply letting politics influence their opinion. Steele has nowhere near the following that Kimes has and that's for good reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

ESPN is a poorly run shit show. They need to get out of Bristol, CT. It’s almost impossible to get to watch College Football Final. They play it sporadically. By Sunday morning you can hardly get any college football stuff. I watch espn for an actual game OR GameDay. I typically avoid it as most of the programming is dogshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Megyn got run out of NBC when they realized she didn't have any actual transferable following and was just occupying a chair in the Fox News primetime lineup, and now she "puts out content" that isn't on television.  There are dozens of Megyn Kelly fans, dozens!

She’s reaching more people now than she was on the dying tv. Although 2.8 mil on X/Twitter and 1.43 mil on YouTube aren’t breaking records, her podcast rankings are very respectable. I know you’ve never listened to her, but I’ve probably endured more of Olbermann than you ever will of Megyn Kelly.

https://podbay.fm/p/the-megyn-kelly-show/charts

A head-to-head debate with Megyn Kelly vs Keith Olbermann would be highly entertaining. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People are letting their politics influence this Mina Kimes and Sage Steele discussion. 

Sage Steele is a dime a dozen. A good-looking woman who doesn't offer any real insight as an anchor. Mina Kimes is actually knowledgeable about sports and has good insight if you listen to her takes. 

Anybody that thinks these two are comparable is simply letting politics influence their opinion. Steele has nowhere near the following that Kimes has and that's for good reason. 

I have zero issue with Kimes. I did not compare them and if someone took it that way, my apologies. I don’t know that I’ve ever heard her speak. 

13 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I said Megyn is “doing well.”  She puts out way, way more content than Olbermann, very little of which can be called rants. Olbermann can’t control himself most of the time.

And to your point, yes, Megyn is very fine on the eyes. 

Olbermann is extreme at times, but I wouldn't say insane.

Megyn is batshit crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

ESPN is a poorly run shit show. They need to get out of Bristol, CT. It’s almost impossible to get to watch College Football Final. They play it sporadically. By Sunday morning you can hardly get any college football stuff. I watch espn for an actual game OR GameDay. I typically avoid it as most of the programming is dogshit. 

You can't find College Football Final ?

That show usually airs live around midnight and is repeated at least 5 or 6 times between midnight and 9AM, usually on ESPNU.

I have never had an issue finding that show and it is good too.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Olbermann is extreme at times, but I wouldn't say insane.

Megyn is batshit crazy.

lol maybe not insane but totally out of touch - screaming into the void foaming at the mouth at his fancy apartment overlooking central park.. bitching about people not getting the vaccine, calling them morons, people who have to work to feed their families and didn't want the experimental gene therapy (which ended up not working).

He's a never-married no-kids dumb boomer that thinks his opinions on twitter matter.

Megan Kelly is also a dumb fuck crazy person I'm sure, but she has three kids and a husband so I'd say she's a tad bit more plugged into the average American life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Olbermann is certifiable. The amplitude of his insanity is at least as great as those he attempts to mock. 

I used to have ESPN on pretty much every waking moment that I wasn’t specifically watching something else. It was my go to and my default. Then, in no particular order, Berman became a parody of himself, they hired human oil spill Skip Bayless, SportsCenter hosts increasingly tried to make the show about them, College GameDay spiraled, and they started leaning into a lot of “who can shout louder” hot takes rather than using their copious time to address topics more coherently. 

It got to the point that about the only thing I felt like watching were the segments when Trent Dilfer quasi-broke down plays to explain in more depth what was going on and what the QBs were looking for. They could’ve used a lot more of than kind of actually informative stuff but they went the opposite way. Fuck ‘em, at this point. I’ll watch a game but that’s it, anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Olbermann is certifiable. The amplitude of his insanity is at least as great as those he attempts to mock. 

His evisceration by Riley Gaines was gold.  He just throws shit at everyone.  His only redeeming quality would be to get him drunk, spin him up, and be able to record his ranting meltdown for posterity

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

lol maybe not insane but totally out of touch - screaming into the void foaming at the mouth at his fancy apartment overlooking central park.. bitching about people not getting the vaccine, calling them morons, people who have to work to feed their families and didn't want the experimental gene therapy (which ended up not working).

He's a never-married no-kids dumb boomer that thinks his opinions on twitter matter.

Megan Kelly is also a dumb fuck crazy person I'm sure, but she has three kids and a husband so I'd say she's a tad bit more plugged into the average American life. 

No, Olberman is absolutely insane. 100%.

the people at ESPN (the worker bees, the “talent”, and the executives, with very very VERY rare exception) hated his guts. When ESPN was flirting with bringing him back one producer stated it would be widely accepted only if they put Keith in the cafeteria and let EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE ORGANIZATION take a full power, no defense swing at him first.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

His evisceration by Riley Gaines was gold.  He just throws shit at everyone.  His only redeeming quality would be to get him drunk, spin him up, and be able to record his ranting meltdown for posterity

Yeah. Disagree with her if you want. That’s peachy. When you go after her accomplishments and ability when she’s demonstrably pretty damn good at swimming, you just look like an ignorant petty fuck. Unfortunately for Olbermann, that’s been his look for years now. 

• Hook 'Em 6

23 hours ago, Zeus said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• 2 weeks later...

I’d enjoy all these screamers and assholes be shot into the sun. As a special treat I would put olbermann in that Tesla Musk shot into space.

I enjoy Mina Kimes and that nfl show is about The only show I watch on ESPN. She knows the league plus I dig the American/Korean lady parts too.

I really am missing the humor and irreverence of Rachel Bonnetta this season. I wish she would get hired by someone; she was offered GMFB but wouldn’t leave LA. Also thought Kay Adam’s would have landed as well. At least the smart yet lovely Colleen Wolfe is still working.

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, Texzilla58 said:

I’d enjoy all these screamers and assholes be shot into the sun. As a special treat I would put olbermann in that Tesla Musk shot into space.

I enjoy Mina Kimes and that nfl show is about The only show I watch on ESPN. She knows the league plus I dig the American/Korean lady parts too.

I really am missing the humor and irreverence of Rachel Bonnetta this season. I wish she would get hired by someone; she was offered GMFB but wouldn’t leave LA. Also thought Kay Adam’s would have landed as well. At least the smart yet lovely Colleen Wolfe is still working.

It's ok to admit you have light yellow fever

6gh.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fedb2c72e59ed743a

• Haha 1