Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Everything Abbott is doing, he's doing because he's trying to imitate DeSantis in some way, just in a really weak way.  DeSantis sticks it to Florida schools, Abbott goes after HISD, etc.

hot wheels should go after the major oil companies like Exxon.  piss boy went after Disney.  

$50 says Abbott makes a deal with the Ohio Governor.  They win, he gets 100 pounds of phenomenal smoked brisket.  We win, Abbott gets a lukewarm plate of shitty skyline chili.  Abbott is actually a smart guy but he has the negotiating prowess of cosmo kramer at a coffee headquarters.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Watch what happens.  Bussing undocumented folks up north has been costing on average almost $2000/rider.  These folks will magically get here on a bus costing $35/person.  

Tuesday is gonna be lit as fuck at the Capitol between the Pro-Trump Protestors and the School Choice folks and the Kids Play Day which I suspect will be canceled in about 3 hours time.

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect to teachers groups, Democrats, and other education advocates---this was largely Phelan from the Top Rope as a fuck you to Patrick & Abbott.  

When the tide finally shifts away from the hate-mongering cunts in a decade or so, those two will be long gone.  Phelan sees the long game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

For fun, go look online and see how suddenly hard it is to find out which House members voted which way on this.  It was every single link on first google page earlier today, now it's completely obfuscated.  

Veteran working for Uber, Daniel Perry, carrying a weapon that is against Uber policy for passenger safety, drives his car into a peaceful protest, shoots and kills another veteran. Veteran, Garrett Foster, courageously runs into the terrorist attack and loses his life defending others as well as his quadriplegic girlfriend in the process of responding to Daniel's act of violence.

Daniel Perry is a hero for ridding the world of one BLM Protestor.
- Greg Abbott

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 8

The race to the bottom between DeSantis and Abbott is really quite something isn’t it? Wonder how the Florida greaseball is gonna out do pardoning a freshly convicted murderer??

A 50 foot statue of the pulse nightclub shooter incoming.
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Veteran working for Uber, Daniel Perry, carrying a weapon that is against Uber policy for passenger safety, drives his car into a peaceful protest, shoots and kills another veteran. Veteran, Garrett Foster, courageously runs into the terrorist attack and loses his life defending others as well as his quadriplegic girlfriend in the process of responding to Daniel's act of violence.

Daniel Perry is a hero for ridding the world of one BLM Protestor.
- Greg Abbott

it sure seemed like a murder to me 

My daughter and her fiance moved to Oregon because of this shit eater and his shit eater Republican cronies.  Fuck them, each and every one, and every shit head who votes for them.

ETA - You just know that Abbott and the leaders of the legislature are looking for three Black Democrats to kick out of the legislature to show that they won't be outdone by Tennessee.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Abbott is essentially issuing conservatives a license to kill their political opponents in the streets with this pardon. All they'll need is to conjure up some bullshit "castle doctrine" defense.

That will be very popular with some of our resident gun nuts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

LAW & ORDER!*

*unless you are on my team in which case I'll do whatever I can to make sure nothing comes of it.

Holy shit. Why even have a trial Abbott if you're going to immediately overturn the result? The effect is that you can commit crimes, as long as it would be politically favorable for the right wing. That's anything but law and order.

I'm not even saying Perry is innocent or guilty. My understanding is that's it's very murky and I also didn't sit through a trial to see all the evidence -- and neither did Abbott. But to just turn around and spout this 24 hours after a citizen jury came down with this decision? Wow.

Regardless of political preferences, everyone should have a problem with a governor interjecting themselves before sentencing or the appeals process to expedite a pardon. The next time I am summoned for jury duty, I am going to show up and request that Greg Abbott serve in my stead. I have never been a huge mass protest guy, but if a third the state refused to show for jury duty in protest, that would be awesome. At the very least, everyone claims a bias that they will be unable to fully participate in the proceedings because we now understand that the judicial process is entirely meaningless and ultimately only subject to the whims of a single person. Of course, Abbott would just send us all to jail for contempt of court. 

• Like 1

Tucker Carlson, a conservative commentator on Fox News, covered Perry’s conviction on his show Friday evening. Carlson said he had invited Abbott to discuss whether he was considering a pardon for Perry, but said the governor declined.

“So that is Greg Abbott’s position, there is no right of self-defense in Texas,” Carlson told his viewers.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Gee, y'all are being so negative. I'm totally sure that if a BLM or other liberal activist had driven into a crowd and shot a conservative protestor, Abbott would be taking this same action to pardon the liberal activist. Why y'all gotta bring politics into it? We all have the same rights under the law, so there's no way that the Governor would selectively apply them to protect conservatives and/or tacitly endorse the murder of political opponents.

• Like 1