Horns @ Pokes | Herman’s Death March | 3p CT FOX [41-34 final]

Henry Hill

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Hah you should go to the reddit thread. OSU fans are being salty bitches tonight

I know I would be. They got their fucking hearts ripped out. Sucks to be them.

But just as Herman is consistent so are they. Their fans on this board called this all week.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t understand the idea behind incidental contact. If a defender causes a receiver to fall down, it’s a penalty. Intent shouldn’t have anything to do with it. 

Announcers are stupid.  Or former DBs.  Or both!

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

We will never make the playoff. It’ll never happen in my lifetime nor my kids not their kids nor ever. This was the only year we had even a remote chance. And we blew it as we always do. Four fucking turnovers against an unranked team with two losses. This has to be hilarious from the outside but goddamnit I just want one year. One, and I’d be happy with that one year. I’ve turned to other hobbies and interests but I let myself care again for this year only. What a fucking mistake. I wish I could be like some of my friends who don’t follow these games at all and don’t care. I want more than anything to be capable of not caring anymore. Congrats guys. Order has been restored. We won’t bother you anymore under Urban Meyer.

You should have been there in 2011.  You would have whipped LSU.  They couldn't score enough to keep up with that team.

I have low expectations for this season, but this was a pretty fun win.  I can feel for the OSU fans after this loss.  It feels like a ton of games Texas has been in where you feel like you are the better team but can't stop stepping on your own dick; every fucking thing the other team needs to get done with their back against the wall seems to work out (like the 4th down conversions etc).  Their penalties were pretty fucking inopportune (for them).  Having said that, fuck them.   Feels good to beat them on their own field.

Defense line looks really good.  Graham had a nice game, Jones too.  Ossai was an animal.  Overshown is making some plays too.  Secondary had a rough night.  DC needs to figure out how to not have WR completely uncovered 10 plus times per game.  Too easy for a good QB.

Great night for Smith. 

Edited by Lhorn

I want Tom Herman gone as much as the next guy. Actually, maybe more so.

But there are no good losses, and no bad wins.

I'll take it. Suck it, Okie Lite.

I have personal reasons for hating OSU and knocking them out of the "lossless" column is always delightful.  :) 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yes.  They have a 100k+ stadium but have been in a funk the last 15 years (and were in the 80s too).

They have 2 unclaimed national titles in the 80s - one as recently as 89.

And I would call whatever they are in right now more than a "funk". They are starting to border on point of no return.

But, sure, for the purpose of the discussion they fit the bill.

14 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I have low expectations for this season, but this was a pretty fun win.  I can feel for the OSU fans after this loss.  It feels like a ton of games Texas has been in where you feel like you are the better team but can't stop stepping on your own dick; every fucking thing the other team needs to get done with their back against the wall seems to work out (like the 4th down conversions etc).  Their penalties were pretty fucking inopportune (for them).  Having said that, fuck them.   Feels good to beat them on their own field.

Defense line looks really good.  Graham had a nice game, Jones too.  Ossai was an animal.  Overshown is making some plays too.  Secondary had a rough night.  DC needs to figure out how to not have WR completely uncovered 10 plus times per game.  Too easy for a good QB.

Great night for Smith. 

Going forward, I don't think Texas faces as rounded of an offense as OSU (especially rb/wr tandem) as well as defense.  If Texas can make other teams one dimensional and bring pressure with 4, they should win out.  

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

And I would call whatever they are in right now more than a "funk". They are starting to border on point of no return.

TN has the same problem Nebraska has.  Once you lose that niche that made you good, it's really hard to get it back.  The high school talent that the state produces exists from Nashville to the west and most of those players don't have a loyalty to the state school.  TN is usually only good when it can appeal to GA, SC, NC, and FL kids.  I'm not sure how they get that back.

Didn’t Tennessee win the first or second BCS Title Game with Tee Martin the year after Peyton left?

Looked it up they won a title in 98. I know it doesn’t change you points but just sharing.

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Not really

Go back and read the posts

The same assholes posting that the win was no big deal because it was OSU are the same assholes predicting we would get our ass kicked.

Morons

I’m not going back and reading this thread lol

the reality is the win isn’t that big of a deal if it isn’t followed up with more wins. They have to win out. 

I concur with the others, we want Tom gone so he’ll bring a good gameplan and win handily just to middle finger us. Plus Gundy may end up Gundying.

I was partially right, good Defensive gameplan, the O was still a mess. Should have gotten Casey some snaps to change it up. Sam is beat up. Need to line up Wiley or Epps on the outside, use both Moore and Jake in the slot. Less Brewer. How about that transfer RB, can he see some snaps. Do we not any any other options at center. Kerstetter is losing money there.

Gundy wasn’t bad but now I see why he and that fan base didn’t trust Sanders.

Oh, the middle finger was Herman crowdsurfing after the game, lol.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I kind of figured Texas would win this. I also expect them to lose to WVU now.

Because we know this is what Herman does. 

WV played about 95% of what they’re capable of yesterday, and thoroughly trounced a good K-St team. But they also have a history of failing to follow up on one good win.
They do play us fairly well at our place (they have 3 wins in 4 since joining Big 12-4+2). 

Edited by Mossyhorn

Because we know this is what Herman does. 
WV played about 95% of what they’re capable of yesterday, and thoroughly trounced a good K-St team. But they also have a history of failing to follow up on one good win. but, they do tend to play us fairly well at our place. 

Yeah. I don’t say that because of WVU, they just happen to be next. I say that because that’s who Texas is under Herman.

34 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I was partially right, good Defensive gameplan, the O was still a mess. Should have gotten Casey some snaps to change it up. Sam is beat up. Need to line up Wiley or Epps on the outside, use both Moore and Jake in the slot. Less Brewer. How about that transfer RB, can he see some snaps. Do we not any any other options at center. Kerstetter is losing money there.

Gundy wasn’t bad but now I see why he and that fan base didn’t trust Sanders.

Oh, the middle finger was Herman crowdsurfing after the game, lol.

Epps is ass. The eval of Brewer as a TE was just flawed. I believe bulking him up just ruined him and he doesn't have the physicality to block. Too much weight for his frame to handle IMO and probably why he got injured so much. Put Wiley in and don't look back. There really isn't another option behind Kerstetter. Ghirmai Manboobs is a joke and Jake Majors needs strength and development to hold up at the position.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Epps is ass. The eval of Brewer as a TE was just flawed. I believe bulking him up just ruined him and he doesn't have the physicality to block. Too much weight for his frame to handle IMO and probably why he got injured so much. Put Wiley in and don't look back. There really isn't another option behind Kerstetter. Ghirmai Manboobs is a joke and Jake Majors needs strength and development to hold up at the position.

kerstetter drives me nuts

First things first: Fuck Tom Herman in the ass with an AIDS infested dick. Fuck that narcissistic, worthless piece of shit fraud. I can wait for his smug, arrogant face to be removed from the university.

On a lighter note: I’m happy for the players that got to experience an improbable win against a team that has been a thorn in our side for the past decade.

Joseph Ossai: The man is an absolute monster and will have a prosperous NFL career. He made the man in front of him his personal bitch and will live in Sanders’ nightmares for a while. He won us the game.

The rest of defensive line: By far the best position group on the day. They played well against an experienced offensive line and did their job in stopping the run. They contributed in helping Ossai look great and demonstrated a high level of awareness by being Johnny on the spot with the fumble recoveries.

Sam Ehlinger: No offensive line? No problem. In what looked like a very pedestrian game statistically, he made critical plays at critical times with a ton of pressure in his face. He didn’t turn the ball over while unblocked pass rushers tired to murder him. Once again, he hero balled our way to overtime and this time it paid off. The multiple 4th down conversions and game winning touchdowns with the entire OSU defense up his ass showed us that he’s a fighter and a winner. He’s no where near Colt McCoy as a passer, he never will be. But he will always be remembered as a Longhorn badass. He’s glimmer of hope during dark times.

Eagles, Moore, J. Smith, Jamison: Once again, incredibly underwhelming game statically. Good thing football is not a game of statistics. They made critical plays when it mattered and helped the two badasses will us to a victory.

P. S. Did I mention I fucking hate Tom Herman?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Who are you talking about? Tennessee? Unclaimed titles?

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

1989 they finished 11-1 but nobody was crowning them national champions.

In 1985 they kicked the shit out of Miami to give Satan the National Championship but nobody considered them the champs since they had two ties.

Who Are you talking about?