the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

They are small lizards and live in the machine.

Where have you been? It's all right, we know where you've been.

Not to derail, but there's a YouTuber who has been slowly releasing their own videos for a lot of the Floyd songs.

They should be the official videos in some cases.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think Trump should be shot by firing squad after a fair trial and all, BUT I've been thinking:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

That's 20 more than he needs to win.  Nothing changes, right?  What's the angle?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I think Trump should be shot by firing squad after a fair trial and all, BUT I've been thinking:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

That's 20 more than he needs to win.  Nothing changes, right?  What's the angle?

He said on the call he's expecting other states to flip. It's nonsense, of course. 

5 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

Sow chaos.  Get one state to overturn.  Set up momentum to do the same in other states.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

As stated by someone else here (I forgot) it's a wedge in the door.

You get one state to flip, then now you can really start to question the remaining states.

I dunno, it would have looked less obvious if called the Dean of "Electoral College" and asked him to find 38 votes in the Quad to put him at 270. 

But I guess the play is you have to focus on one state to cast doubt on the other close states.  Georgia makes the most sense since it was reliably red for awhile, and because all eyes are on it anyway with the two runoff elections.  I would have thought Arizona would have made for a battleground as well, but ah well.  They can't go back to Pennsylvania after how bad they fucked up everything from shaking down the state legislature to using the beta version of MapQuest to get to the Four Seasons.  I know his team is dumb, but they're not that dumb.  This whole thing would have played better (not sane or normal, but less crazy and desperate) if they also torched a state that Trump carried just to show they were thorough and not biased, sore losers.  Like Florida.  Still announce he's won it, but they did uncover a few thousand fraudulent votes and they just want to make sure it's all on the up-and-up.  

While the gambit does provide a wedge into other states, it also carries with it a tremendous risk of unintended consequence.  Should 1 or both GOP Senators win-relection, Trump's team claim its proof that Georgia would remain Red.  When it actually reinforces something we have all been talking on here about for months, it means that bunch of people came out in November specifically to vote against Trump because they don't like him, and then reverted back to their typical red-leaning votes...like millions of other Americans did---myself included.  In the end, Perdue and/or Kelly winning doesn't change the Electoral College voters from Georgia...it'll give him something to whine about but it'll also drive home the point that a lot of Republicans or typical non-voters/independents just don't like you, Mr. President.  I don't think his team has thought through how he's gonna handle that.

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

The goal isn’t to flip Georgia. The goal is to delegitimize the election and create the pretext to count alternate electors where they’ve been offered and throw out the other “contested” states. Georgia is just the beachhead. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But I guess the play is you have to focus on one state to cast doubt on the other close states.  Georgia makes the most sense since it was reliably red for awhile, and because all eyes are on it anyway with the two runoff elections.  I would have thought Arizona would have made for a battleground as well, but ah well. 

Arizona?  The state with a shit-ton of Air Force personnel.

The same state that, just a few years ago, elected a bi-sexual atheist Democrat over a decorated Air Force veteran with combat experience?

I was thinking Wise County. 
I tried not to talk to my fellow Wise county residents any more than necessary during my 16-month sentence to that wasteland, but what summed up the community best was a church sign posted in October that read "The rapture is coming. Get right or get left".
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bookman said:

They have plenty of speculation and conjecture.

They do, but they seem to be fishing around so I thought maybe they were looking for hearsay evidence. I believe it's like a kinda less trustworthy kind of legally term for when you want to get one over on the judge or the jury.

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He said on the call he's expecting other states to flip. It's nonsense, of course. 

Hmm.  Bold strategy, Cotton.

Isn't the vote supposed to be certified (or whatever) this week?  

One other thing: even if all this nonsense were to snowball, Trump is out of office on Jan 20th.  

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

306 EC votes for Biden

-16 Georgia EC votes

290 EC votes for Biden

Got to get the first domino to fall when attempting a coup.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They need some of that...what's it called? Hearsay evidence? Cause the loop of 'everyone's saying' is getting worn thin.

This is an amazing window into the mind of autocratic lickspittles. Such pathetic commitment to believing the unsupportable horseshit that Dear Leader forces upon them.

The Emperor is buck naked, you stupid fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Should put to bed the settlement conference nonsense 

Edited by Sawbonz
Our policy did allow our attorneys to participate in observing election recounts and similar actions on a voluntary basis in their individual capacity as private citizens so long as they did not act as legal advisers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Should put to bed the settlement conference nonsense 

Well, she could still be representing Trumpy bear in her private capacity, which will probably get her fired.

Kurt Hilbert (I think) who is actually representing Trump in lawsuits, and is about to get sanctioned for it, was also on the call.

The presence of attorneys, whatever their capacity, is not dispositive of the settlement conference dispute.  But, as noted, without some agreement as to confidentiality, a "settlement conference" is not confidential, just nothing said in it or its taking place itself, is admissible to prove liability (or disprove it) in any underlying lawsuit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

One man’s traitor is another man’s patriot.  The side that wins will render history’s verdict.

Napoleon might have agreed with you after every battle he fought before Waterloo.

History has a way of continuing to evolve. A hundred years from now, Trump and his cronies will be remembered as immoral morons, and nothing that happens in the next five election cycles is likely to change that. The only ones to suffer, of course, will be everyone, if we don't stop behaving like dumbasses at some point.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Napoleon might have agreed with you after every battle he fought before Waterloo.

History has a way of continuing to evolve. A hundred years from now, Trump and his cronies will be remembered as immoral morons, and nothing that happens in the next five election cycles is likely to change that. The only ones to suffer, of course, will be everyone, if we don't stop behaving like dumbasses at some point.

I'm reading this and thinking of George Armstrong Custer. When he first died, he was treated as a slain hero, but that changed over time.

Trump just got shredded by roger ebert but it will mean NOTHING to the believers as they will just say he’s lying. 

Correct. Gabriel Sterling has been doing this since election night. I sent a clip of him to my dad a few weeks ago and of course Pops proceeds to tell me what a weasel he is and how he can’t be trusted and he’s known him for years blah blah.

But I’m glad that there’s some acknowledgment in this thread that not all R’s are psychotic nazi baby eaters.

306 EC votes for Biden
-16 Georgia EC votes
290 EC votes for Biden

A staffer said that Trump said “Just let me have this fight.” It’s just about ego. He knows he can’t win. But he’s not going away either.

I'm reading this and thinking of George Armstrong Custer. When he first died, he was treated as a slain hero, but that changed over time.

Fetterman was universally blamed for the massacre, but now has many defenders and the bad guy is Carrington/the army brass not supplying them.

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

A staffer said that Trump said “Just let me have this fight.” It’s just about ego. He knows he can’t win. But he’s not going away either.

Yep.  If he stops fighting, the money from his cult might dry up.  That's all this is about.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Had a buddy just text me that Grassley has announced he and not Pence will reside over the vote tomorrow.  Can't  be real....right?  

i can't find anything on google about it. 

Check the thread for today's events in Congress, it just got posted over there by @Js1

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Had a buddy just text me that Grassley has announced he and not Pence will reside over the vote tomorrow.  Can't  be real....right?  

i can't find anything on google about it. 

It was apparently a misquote. 

According to a friend of mine tied into Republican politics, Cruz plans on objecting to each elector from the contested states to try to run out the clock to January 14th, at which time it would go to the House to be voted on by a state by state basis, which would hand the election to Trump. The New Yorker has an article about this strategy online.

2 minutes ago, msbesq said:

According to a friend of mine tied into Republican politics, Cruz plans on objecting to each elector from the contested states to try to run out the clock to January 14th, at which time it would go to the House to be voted on by a state by state basis, which would hand the election to Trump. The New Yorker has an article about this strategy online.

This is the first I've heard about this.  What's the significant about the 14th and how can it go to the House when it's already been certified?