West Virginia Mountaineers @ Texas Longhorns - 11AM CDT on ABC [Making Meth vs Herman's slow death]

immamac

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know I wasn’t the only one trying to do MENSA math on how we’d go to OT with a 4 point lead 

All we had to do was give up a TD at the end when we got bailed out on the non-PI call and then go down and kick a fg.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know I wasn’t the only one trying to do MENSA math on how we’d go to OT with a 4 point lead 

That was easy. WVU scores a TD after PI call in end zone puts them on 2. Texas goes on 3 min drive and kicks 30 yard fg with hero holder play from Casey Thompson. The fact that it did NOT go down like that makes me question quantum physics. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That's a hell of a way to spin a team that's played 2 good football games out of 7 tries.

The sad thing is, herman tells the players we are 2 plays from being 7-0. 
But, he won’t say we are about 5 plays from being 2-5. Both statements are true.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We are going to win out, lose the big 12 title game, lose the recruiting classes which will cause urban to say “nah I’m stressed out just thinking about that mess” and we will wander the Siberian in a dark winter so cold you have to use ice cubes to warm up your balls. 

Fuck you

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bullet said:

Sam only 15-31.  But he seemed more accurate than the last couple of weeks.  Receivers just couldn't hold onto the ball.

Also thought Sam made some bad decisions.  On at least 5 occasions, including a couple of 3rd downs,  he went 30 yards downfield on a 50/50 or 60/40 play instead of a 90/10 pass to the back that probably would have been a 1st down.  One of those was on that next to last drive.  Looked like a sure first down on the uncovered receiver to the right and he threw it long.

Fuck no. Sam was awful. He's hardly accurate even when he throws a catchable pass, which are few and far between right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Brando just announced that we won the West Virginia game due to a bad no call.

Haha...

What a fucking chode. Almost the same no call we had earlier in the game. And even if they score we still would’ve gotten the ball back (not to mention had been stopping them short yardage all day).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

What a fucking chode. Almost the same no call we had earlier in the game. And even if they score we still would’ve gotten the ball back (not to mention had been stopping them short yardage all day).
The no call earlier in the game was atrocious. The non calling ref and I had virtually the same angle only he was 75 yards closer. It was blatant and obvious.

The Brown play far less so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

Had to go to a birthday party, so I recorded the second half; only watching it right now. And I gotta say, I'm really impressed with WVU's DBs. If Sam doesn't throw the ball nearly perfectly to where the DB is out of the play, they are making plays on the ball. MOST of our incompletions are WVU's DBs making plays on the ball, or just blanketing our receivers so that there's nothing there.

They're REALLY playing well. So our offensive woes aren't all on Sam/Coaching.

(Fire Tom Herman anyway because at this point he cannot redeem himself in my eyes.)

It's happened.

I actually give zero fucks.

I turned on the game, but after they tied it and the offense went into sludge mode, I quit paying attention.

I read election shit.  I made a quick trip to the store. I took a nap at halftime. 

I noted the score at the end and how godawful our offense was. I saw a few plays.  It was like watching a mediocre or bad tv show I don't care about.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

We are going to win out, lose the big 12 title game, lose the recruiting classes which will cause urban to say “nah I’m stressed out just thinking about that mess” and we will wander the Siberian in a dark winter so cold you have to use ice cubes to warm up your balls. 

An OU - UT rematch in the CCG is a real possibility at this point. Sooner fans are rooting for the Horns at this point.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What is the reason Sooners are wanting us?

And I'd say our chances are better than yours at getting there. Our offense is poor but our defense matches up well with our opponents. And you have OSU.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ohhh I don't know, maybe its because they are 5 and 1 against us the last 5 years and show no fear as Tom turtles into his anus 

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

I don’t buy it either. There are a lot of other teams they’d rather play than a Texas team that’s gaining confidence.

Have you watched the last 2 games by both teams? One is winning with ease and one is struggling and needs gifts

I love the wins , but Texas isn't playing good football , especially on offensive. Sam is off and when the ball is thrown well its almost 50/50 if the receivers catch it . Dumb penalties still happen, yes less, but we dont play sound ball 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Have you watched the last 2 games by both teams? One is winning with ease and one is struggling and needs gifts

I love the wins , but Texas isn't playing good football , especially on offensive. Sam is off and when the ball is thrown well its almost 50/50 if the receivers catch it . Dumb penalties still happen, yes less, but we dont play sound ball 

Oh I’m not saying we’re playing better football than they are by any means. We’re not the only team that’s been getting beat by OU is my point. So I don’t think OU fans want to play us over OSU/WVU, who have been consistently crushed by OU.

Edited by USNALonghorn

10 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

The way each team is playin right NOW, OU would kill us in a rematch and they would love the chance. They see this Texas team and see the play and know they would beat the drum on us with round 2 this year 

TH doesn’t get blown out. They have more to lose. They’ll probably win out and win the conference, but they’re not drooling over a rematch with us more than any other contender. I’d actually be willing to bet they want payback over ISU/KSU. No need to take care of business twice against anyone else.

But I don’t talk to their players and coaches on a weekly basis, so what do I know.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Like 1