LSU in trouble?

Sir Ulrich

Now this is how you fire a coach you don't want around. LSU knows Coach O caught lightning in a bottle and is regressing to his mouth breathing mean. So they leak some complaints, get USA Today on the case and Voila! Morals clause gets triggered allowing termination for cause and no buyout.

Crazy Cajun street smarts right there.

I have no doubt Coach O & LSU have done jack shit to investigate these claims.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Wonder if this is covered in the Bruce Feldman book chronicling the legendary 2019 national champs. Or in his other book featuring Coach O from the Ole Miss days.

Part of the problem is so many great college sports writers simply aren't interested or able to acknowledge rampant crime if they want to keep their access and status. And of course the local media won't touch it for the sake of their careers. So it's left to Nancy Armour types to swoop in once in a while, cause a stir and maybe get someone fired.

Meanwhile Hugh Freeze and Art Briles are in the queue for better jobs this off season.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Have we reached the point where this kind of shit doesn't really even spark outrage? I'm super surprised that LSU would be harboring a rape factory guided by a man of such pristine reputation and alleged integrity as Sir Edgart Beaujolais Orgeron, IV, Esq. But, hey, it's Louisiana. They revel in being a 3rd world country hidden as a shithole state within the interconnected 50 here in the US. 

I'm going to guess that LSU will do nothing, ignore everything that doesn't suit their narrative, and keep right on trucking. They are part of a machine inside a state that actually glorifies and lauds corruption as some sort of playful virtue.

No doubt. Look what they have done (not done?) with Will Wade.  They give zero fucks about optics.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Have we reached the point where this kind of shit doesn't really even spark outrage? I'm super surprised that LSU would be harboring a rape factory guided by a man of such pristine reputation and alleged integrity as Sir Edgart Beaujolais Orgeron, IV, Esq. But, hey, it's Louisiana. They revel in being a 3rd world country hidden as a shithole state within the interconnected 50 here in the US. 

I'm going to guess that LSU will do nothing, ignore everything that doesn't suit their narrative, and keep right on trucking. They are part of a machine inside a state that actually glorifies and lauds corruption as some sort of playful virtue.

you really don't spend enough time here on the football board, so I'll correct all the misapprehensions in your post

one, Coach Orgeron is a fucking genius. all the best people pointed out how LSU won all its games last year and said so

two, have I mentioned they were unbeaten last year. and won a Heisman

I think that was the sum of the arguments in his favor. 

Reading through the complaint, this is almost identical to what Baylor was accused of doing. Covering up sexual assault, not disciplining players and whatever they did lacked all transparency. Baylor at least fired their sacred coach and blew up their football team. Does anyone think LSU has the stomach for something like that? Because, I don’t. .  

• Hook 'Em 1

*I’ve got to say, I’m surprised those two dudes are actually still walking around (as opposed to limping, rolling or otherwise)- I thought they “handled their bidness” differently down in the swamps.

Edited by NTVTXN
*NO CR!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bartles said:

Wonder if this is covered in the Bruce Feldman book chronicling the legendary 2019 national champs. Or in his other book featuring Coach O from the Ole Miss days.

Part of the problem is so many great college sports writers simply aren't interested or able to acknowledge rampant crime if they want to keep their access and status. And of course the local media won't touch it for the sake of their careers. So it's left to Nancy Armour types to swoop in once in a while, cause a stir and maybe get someone fired.

Meanwhile Hugh Freeze and Art Briles are in the queue for better jobs this off season.

LSU for some reason has this cult of media that worships them and Coach O, which results in them not really getting that much heat. I don't know if it's just making it easier to get in contact with them, but it seems like everyone from Feldman to Ryen Russillo to PMT all defend the program and Coach O at all times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

With that sorry piece of shit Guice also taking this behavior to the NFL and ruining his career I think the stage has gotten bigger and the Optics are much worse, but maybe I'm being naïve? If nothing is done, then we have really hit rock bottom as a society. 

6 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we can go lower

we can always go lower

If that article has any credibility at all then they were letting random JAG's rape people too, that isn't even a "win at all cost" Briles approach. That's a fuck all morals and let this bitch go dark age type mind set. I have a fourteen year old daughter (no pics you fucking degenerates) and this kind of shit scares me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Reading through the complaint, this is almost identical to what Baylor was accused of doing. Covering up sexual assault, not disciplining players and whatever they did lacked all transparency. Baylor at least fired their sacred coach and blew up their football team. Does anyone think LSU has the stomach for something like that? Because, I don’t. .  
If their season continues as it has started, they might be very willing to use this to part ways with their coach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They will fire him and hire Art Briles and the NCAA will hire Kenneth Starr to help assist with their Title IX compliance.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

If that article has any credibility at all then they were letting random JAG's rape people too, that isn't even a "win at all cost" Briles approach. That's a fuck all morals and let this bitch go dark age type mind set. I have a fourteen year old daughter (no pics you fucking degenerates) and this kind of shit scares me. 

Apparently you haven't read the fine print. Anyone who says "no pics" with regard to their underage daughters are by covenant and website terms and conditions required to post pics of their wife. Preferably naked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

That and some of those great writers probably have a few skeletons of their own that may come out if they make too much noise.
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The big12 and Baylor set the precedent here, you just do a lot of internal investigations, fire the HC, and pretend like nothing ever happened

Baylor also fired their President and AD, plus they still haven’t received all that money the Big12 withheld from the payouts. LSU has a long way to go to match what the Big12 and Baylor did. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I thought all college football players wore a varsity letterman jacket, walked the girlfriend to class, broke out the a cappella quartet with teammates to swoon sorority girls, and replied to elders with "Yes sir/mam".  Is that not true? I am disappoint.

Its time to cut down on the TCM watching...Jimmy Stewart no longer plays football
  • Hook 'Em 2

The big12 and Baylor set the precedent here, you just do a lot of internal investigations, fire the HC, and pretend like nothing ever happened

You then forgot about the healing the University needed and the fawning of their coaches and players by announcers.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They will probably fire the tennis coach and some administrators and try to save the football program.  Louisiana truly doesn’t give a fuck.  

It really is a terrible story, though.  I don’t even think Baylor was depraved enough to have their position coaches accompanying guys to their domestic violence hearings and doing weekly progress reports on how the abusive relationship was going.  Turning a blind eye is bad enough, but some of this even goes beyond that.  

Also, this whole system with handling sexual assault on universities is completely messed up.   Just get law enforcement involved and take this out of the school’s hands.   Nothing good seems to come from the schools taking the lead in handling these cases.  Depending on what type of school it is, sometimes the accused gets no due process, and sometimes the accused gets protected by the school.  And even in the regular cases in between those extremes, you still see outcomes like, “We determined you committed sexual assault, so we have no choice but to ... suspend you from class for one semester and ask that you not approach your accuser.”  WTF?   If a sexual assault occurs, contact the real police and GTFO of the way.  

Yep.  The system as is, especially since the Dear Colleague Letter, completely fucked beyond reality.  A university administrator group is a fucking kangaroo court in a banana republic.  We have an established system of law in this country, as messed up as it is sometimes.  Fucking use it.  

• Like 1