LSU in trouble?

Sir Ulrich

19 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

They will probably fire the tennis coach and some administrators and try to save the football program.  Louisiana truly doesn’t give a fuck.  

It really is a terrible story, though.  I don’t even think Baylor was depraved enough to have their position coaches accompanying guys to their domestic violence hearings and doing weekly progress reports on how the abusive relationship was going.  Turning a blind eye is bad enough, but some of this even goes beyond that.  

Also, this whole system with handling sexual assault on universities is completely messed up.   Just get law enforcement involved and take this out of the school’s hands.   Nothing good seems to come from the schools taking the lead in handling these cases.  Depending on what type of school it is, sometimes the accused gets no due process, and sometimes the accused gets protected by the school.  And even in the regular cases in between those extremes, you still see outcomes like, “We determined you committed sexual assault, so we have no choice but to ... suspend you from class for one semester and ask that you not approach your accuser.”  WTF?   If a sexual assault occurs, contact the real police and GTFO of the way.  

This is probably a good point.

There is some unwanted contact of a sexual nature that is probably not criminal, but might well be dealt with at, and solely at, the university level.

But for that that pretty clearly rises to the criminal level, it just adds a level of "stuff."  The stuff doesn't have to interfere with criminal prosecution, but in actual fact probably does.

But it's really hard to distinguish flat-out sexual assault and assault that could result in prosecution/conviction from less culpable happenings.  University involvement just complicates the whole thing.

Edited by TwiceHorn

13 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

Fuck that.

I would tell her to not hang around any football players until real change & control is publicly evident. 

why should -she- have to give up her dream if that’s where she wants to go? 

I know a guy, who basically forbids his daughter to date athletes. As far as he knows it seems to be working.

• Haha 1

That's terrible. This should become a much, much bigger story. That one dad should be ashamed of his reaction with the tennis coach.

Quite frankly, I wonder about my own mean streak/temper and how it would take everything I had not to do serious irreparable harm to a man that harmed my little girl.
  • Like 1

Funny to see people be outraged at athletes' criminal behavior, call LSU a shithole, say they're not surprised because Coach O is a POS, and compare them to Baylor.  Then head over to the football board and say Urban or bust.  Fuck that.  I like to think we are above these things.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 11/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Okay, I haven't followed this story. But CBS News had a piece on it this morning. The first offense they described was of a player taking a photo of a topless girl, from behind, and sharing it with friends. Unless I see a nipple, I have a hard time seeing how her rights were violated in a sexual abuse sort of way. Maybe in the sense of letting everyone know she was fooling around with a football player, but welcome to the world, sister. She didn't accuse him of rape or anything. 

If that was the top story then I'm inclined to suspect the further allegations of systemic cover ups of sexual assault claims. 

I'm not dismissing the allegations out of hand but I need more evidence. It seems a little flimsy at first glance. 

Shut up rape apologist. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Shut up rape apologist. 

Fuck off. I'm never going to apologize for honestly saying, "I don't know."

CBS News treated it differently than CBS Sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-ignored-multiple-sexual-assault-complaints-against-football-players-for-several-years-per-report/

I don't know why they led with the supposed "naked" photo of the girl taken from behind when she was topless. They were pretty aggressive in their reporting of a young woman in the military who was sexually assaulted, reported it, nobody did anything about it, and she wound up committing suicide. So I don't think they're trying to protect anyone. 

Meanwhile I see actual rape apologist Ken Starr, ousted Baylor president, arguing to Chris Wallace on Sunday that the election results are false, hoping to maintain an administration that has made things a lot safer for the rapists and sex abusers:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52566997

• Fuck You 2

I thought all college football players wore a varsity letterman jacket, walked the girlfriend to class, broke out the a cappella quartet with teammates to swoon sorority girls, and replied to elders with "Yes sir/mam".  Is that not true? I am disappoint.

giphy.gif

Not dem scantily clad tennis vixens, just sashaying ‘roun wit dem shirt skirts, tone legs and den shakin dat butt awaitin da serve - lak dey din know you was lookin’. Ya hit dat lak a hongry gata!
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, longhornmatt said:

They will probably fire the tennis coach and some administrators and try to save the football program.  Louisiana truly doesn’t give a fuck.  

It really is a terrible story, though.  I don’t even think Baylor was depraved enough to have their position coaches accompanying guys to their domestic violence hearings and doing weekly progress reports on how the abusive relationship was going.  Turning a blind eye is bad enough, but some of this even goes beyond that.  

Also, this whole system with handling sexual assault on universities is completely messed up.   Just get law enforcement involved and take this out of the school’s hands.   Nothing good seems to come from the schools taking the lead in handling these cases.  Depending on what type of school it is, sometimes the accused gets no due process, and sometimes the accused gets protected by the school.  And even in the regular cases in between those extremes, you still see outcomes like, “We determined you committed sexual assault, so we have no choice but to ... suspend you from class for one semester and ask that you not approach your accuser.”  WTF?   If a sexual assault occurs, contact the real police and GTFO of the way.  

You are underestimating baylor. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

dude is going in no lube on L$U

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-lsu-les-miles-sec-sexual-misconduct-20210316-vuxivepnhzaqraatgulmt3p544-story.html

LSU should be suspended from SEC for moral bankruptcy | Commentary

ORLANDO SENTINEL |
MAR 16, 2021 AT 5:32 PM

LSU buried sexual misconduct allegations against former coach Les Miles, right, because he was competing for national championships.
LSU buried sexual misconduct allegations against former coach Les Miles, right, because he was competing for national championships. (Chuck Burton / Associated Press)

Just once in college athletics wouldn’t you like to see fellow conference members become publicly outraged and embarrassed at despicable, disgusting transgressions that happen in their own league?

For instance, wouldn’t it do your heart good if the 13 other schools in the Southeastern Conference all got together and voted passionately and unanimously to suspend LSU from the league at least temporarily for being morally bankrupt?

It’s absolutely shameful that what transpired at LSU just came to light eight years — eight freaking years! — after the Tigers successfully and intentionally buried the disturbing allegations of inappropriate sexual misconduct, sexual advances and sexual harassment of female students by former football coach Les Miles.

And isn’t it pathetic that it was Kansas that actually had to clean up LSU’s mess a few days ago by firing Miles and the athletics director (Jeff Long) who hired him? LSU, like so many cutthroat, win-at-all-cost institutions of higher earning, was willing to ignore the creepy, repugnant allegations against Miles just to protect the brand and keep its national championship-winning football coach out of trouble and recruiting five-star talent.

Sadly, the only reason the Miles allegations came to light is because USA Today reporters aggressively began to investigate the systematic failures of how LSU handled, er, mishandled cases of physical and sexual violence against women on its campus. Because of USA Today’s investigative reporting, LSU was pretty much forced to hire the outside law firm of Husch Blackwell in November to conduct an investigation, which detailed “serious institutional failure” on how LSU handled allegations of rape and dating violence. Husch Blackwell also found that the reason LSU intentionally hired another independent law firm eight years ago to investigate sexual harassment charges against Miles is so the report wouldn’t be made public.

That’s right, LSU intentionally swept the abhorrent behavior of Miles under the rug. The school even went against the recommendation of its own athletics director at the time, Joe Alleva, who strongly urged the school to part ways with Miles after the coach was accused of contacting female students via Facebook and text, meeting them off campus alone and kissing at least one of them.

In the recent Husch Blackwell Report, LSU staffers accused Miles of suggesting that female student employees who helped chaperone top high school prospects during their official recruiting visits “needed to have a certain look.” That look, according to the employees, included the women being “blondes with big boobs.” If the female students didn’t fit a certain physical profile, Miles suggested that perhaps they should be fired.

One of the most disturbing parts of the Husch Blackwell Report focused on longtime athletic department employee Sharon Lewis, who told investigators of an incident in 2013 she described as her “worst nightmare.”

It seems a female student came to Lewis, according to the report, “very upset about something that happened when she was alone with Coach Miles.” The student then asked Lewis to help her in confronting Miles with the allegations. Another athletic department employee sat in on the meeting with Lewis, Miles and the female student and said the student was “completely traumatized” by the alleged incident, saying, “This child had a dead stare ... she just kept saying, over and over, ‘You know what you did to me.’”

Alleva, the AD, penned a letter to then-school president F. King Alexander back in 2013 in which he wrote of Miles, “I believe he is guilty of insubordination, inappropriate behavior, putting the university, athletic department and football program at great risk. I think we have cause (to terminate him). I specifically told him not to text, call or be alone with any student workers and he obviously didn’t listen. I know there are many possible outcomes and much risk either way, but I believe it is in the best interest in the long run to make a break. … One more time I want us to think about which scenario is worse for LSU: Explaining why we let him go or explaining why we let him stay.”

Now, eight years later, LSU is having to explain why they let Les Miles stay.

Yes, the Tigers would end up firing Miles a few years later; not because of his repulsive behavior but because he went five seasons without winning the SEC West. Miles ended up at Kansas, where he was fired last week when the allegations against him at LSU became public. Long, the AD who hired Miles at KU, was also fired. The board of trustees at Oregon State, where Alexander is now the school president, will meet Wednesday to discuss whether he should be suspended or even fired.

But at LSU, nobody’s been fired for what happened within the football program eight years ago

Meanwhile, LSU basketball coach Will Wade is getting ready to lead his team into this week’s NCAA Tournament despite his program being under NCAA investigation and Wade being caught on tape admitting to cheating and bribing players to sign with the Tigers.

LSU isn’t just morally bankrupt.

The program is ethically destitute.

The university and the SEC should be ashamed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Blow it all up.  Fire everyone. Hold everyone accountable. What an embarrassment. 

I stand by this statement and I don’t believe for one second Joe Alleva wanted to fire Miles over the sex stuff at the time. That’s just embarrassingly laughable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31086399/ex-lsu-president-f-king-alexander-probation-les-miles-scandal

former LSU president is on "probation" at Oregon until June 1 over this

WTF is "probation" from reading the story it sounds like he needs to have his admin staff and the university lawyers come up with some bullshit apology letter he will read and maybe everyone in the administration will have to watch one of those dumb ass training videos and take a test after they watch it

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

In case yah missed this...

USA TODAY

LSU administrator gave rapists, stalkers and other Title IX violators slaps on the wrist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/03/17/lsu-rapists-and-stalkers-got-some-lowest-possible-sanctions/4635534001/

Like Baylor on the Bayou...

Tigah bait indeed! 

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't been following this story that closely.  The above usatoday link seems to be about the LSU administration, and not so much about Les Miles or the Athletic department.

Have the accusations against Miles been upgrade to the go-to-jail type stuff (rape / sexual assault / baylor) or are they in the should-have-been-fired immediately type stuff (chasing undergrads)?  The article from the Orlando Sentinel is kind a vague with the money quote being  ‘You know what you did to me.’”

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

According to the lawsuit, former LSU student Ashlyn Robertson alleges Guice raped her while she was incapacitated at a party and later bragged about the sexual act to the football team. Robertson says her boyfriend, an unnamed LSU football recruit, learned of the sexual assault and approached Orgeron about it.

"Orgeron responded by telling Robertson's boyfriend to not be upset because 'everybody's girlfriend sleeps with other people,'" the lawsuit says, according to the Advocate.

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-football-Ed-Orgeron-Derrius-Guice-sexual-misconduct-case-allegations-Title-IX-lawsuit-167008203/

• Drool 1

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure I would've hit Coach O in the face right then.

Me, too. He'd kick my ass without much problem, but he would come out of it all scratched up.

My first thought was also... fucking Baylor. What happened to the Texas Ranger investigation of that horrendous conspiracy to protect rape and assail the victims? Now LSU.

This is a criminal matter. It's a Title IX matter where federal funding should be absolutely denied. This is a civil court matter where these victims need to see those who made them victims brought to account and forced to pay for their malignant deeds.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/28/2021 at 5:45 AM, Parliament said:

According to the lawsuit, former LSU student Ashlyn Robertson alleges Guice raped her while she was incapacitated at a party and later bragged about the sexual act to the football team. Robertson says her boyfriend, an unnamed LSU football recruit, learned of the sexual assault and approached Orgeron about it.

"Orgeron responded by telling Robertson's boyfriend to not be upset because 'everybody's girlfriend sleeps with other people,'" the lawsuit says, according to the Advocate.

https://247sports.com/Article/LSU-football-Ed-Orgeron-Derrius-Guice-sexual-misconduct-case-allegations-Title-IX-lawsuit-167008203/

1091617988.jpeg

Must be SOP in the SEC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:45 AM, Parliament said:

They didn't publish Orgeron's full response.  "Don't be mad because everybody's girlfriend sleeps with other people. I mean, listen, not everybody’s the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I’ve always looked up to  Derrick Todd Lee, and I always will.”

• Hook 'Em 2