Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

What's stopping us from reporting every legislator's daughter for a suspected abortion? Worst case, they all have to go through at least a cursory discovery. Best case we make a few bucks and put one of these fucks in the crosshairs of the pro-life nutters.

Nothing. Do it.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Remember that time a bunch of independent voters and Bernie Bros stayed home, or worse, voted for a failed reality tv star and known grifter because they found the competent governance lady to be off putting?

Tell us you are paid to carry the water for the Democrat party and establishment without telling us.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Going out on a limb here but what stops someone (most likely a woman in this case) from filing suit saying that Due Process (5th amendment) rights are violated because the government is farming out authority to non-government entities?

neat idea. now get it out there.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

They know exactly what they unleashed. This is who they all are.

maybe. again, I have been no prognosticator in the past, but as others have posited, I think the Texas GQP were expecting the courts to slap this one down like all of their other ridiculous attempts at authoritarianism. They may not have anticipated this one. Remains to be seen.

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

Tell us you are paid to carry the water for the Democrat party and establishment without telling us.

damn. I worked past the ignore filter for this one. DC upping his/her game.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's John Roberts' worst nightmare.  Not only did the Court issue a nakedly partisan decision on a deeply polarizing issue, but it did so in the most illegitimate way imaginable.

It's really hard to look at the Supreme Court as a legitimate judicial body anymore.

Next you'll tell me that a decade long concerted effort to subvert constitutional authority to appoint judges tarnishes the court

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Nothing. Do it.

Umm, I don't think that is such a good idea because you KNOW this is one of the GOP plays during the election cycles for every non GOP candidate from school board on up. Sure, Lina can likely find legal support, but anytime a female of child bearing age begins laying groundwork for candidacy, someone will push some buttons and a tip will go to the hotline. They are going to push this as hard as they can because they not only have the court, but the fascist mindset is and always has been misogynistic. Punish women to go back home and stay there. Punish women who help each other. Punish women who speak out.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s hard to imagine the court doing something that will make it look more illegitimate in the eyes of the public than what they just did. Let a clearly unconstitutional law stand with no argument and no opinion. 

Hell at least the dred Scott decision and citizen United were actual written opinions with arguments and signatures.  This is just a complete cop out. 

Just a bullshit procedural dodge that the vast majority of the public will think is bullshit, because it is. 

The Bush v. Gore Court says hold my beer.  And, no I don't want to rehash the 2000 election any more than the 2016 election.  But SCOTUS issued a non-precedential opinion that decided an entire presidential election on nakedly partisan grounds.  I'm not sure they had legitimacy since at least that time.

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

What's stopping us from reporting every legislator's daughter for a suspected abortion? Worst case, they all have to go through at least a cursory discovery. Best case we make a few bucks and put one of these fucks in the crosshairs of the pro-life nutters.

I assume all sorts of competing organizations are forming today to raise funds to do just this.

Since this new law allows any woman to be sued for acting on her right to an abortion, perhaps we should consider a companion bill that would allow me to sue any Texan who owns a gun for longer than 6 weeks, just because I don’t approve of how they are perceiving their right to own a gun. 

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So under this new law can I turn this guy in if he drives her to the clinic for an abortion and collect $10K even though I have nothing to do with this?

Could she sue him? He drove her after all.

What happens if we found out his identity and everyone in this thread sued him?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

9405577decdf8becb22a2ad290623eda.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

To that way of thinking, God aborts 25% of all pregnancies.

Edited for math. Given the figures I found, there were 3.79m births in the US, and 874,100 abortions, which I believe means there were 1.166m miscarriages.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

If he doesn't show up, and have an ID, then fuck him.  Let the judgement go against his earthly estate (Vatican).

You’re channeling the disease in my head. That’s $10,000 per miscarriage. As open ended as the law is described to be, the Vatican vaults aren’t the only target; parishioner’s wallets, watch out for the new lunacy tax.

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i want to say that's obviously fake but the thing is IT COULD TOTALLY HAPPEN NOW 

Yeah I thought that too, and here's what Kendall said about it. The embeds below are weird and I couldn't isolate the specific tweets but in short, the TxBountyHunter subreddit has since been deleted.

• Rage+1 2

This is a fact: male Republican voters voted for people who will force their daughters to carry to term any offspring of their incestual rape. 

I’m not saying that’s WHY you’ve voted in these anti-freedom feculent fucks, but that’s what you’ve done. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spellfucked

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

IIRC, there’s also no recovery of costs for someone found not guilty or who has a bogus charge against them. If that’s correct, there are going to be a lot of GOPers spending a lot of money proving they didn’t have an abortion.

tina turner auntie entity GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1