A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

As much as I obviously don't want dotard, I think DeSantis would pull a huge amount of traditional R voters back to the R side, even though DeSantis is just as bad (shit, maybe worse when it comes to actually implementing right wing fascist nonsense) as dotard.  It will be a green light to people like my in laws that held their nose for Biden in 2020.  

Reddit reminded me of this:

“Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’”

Source: The New Yorker

What a guy.

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

As much as I obviously don't want dotard, I think DeSantis would pull a huge amount of traditional R voters back to the R side, even though DeSantis is just as bad (shit, maybe worse when it comes to actually implementing right wing fascist nonsense) as dotard.  It will be a green light to people like my in laws that held their nose for Biden in 2020.  

Anybody who has voted R and only didn't in 2020 because of Trump, is 100% going back to the R as long as it's anybody but Trump. Hell they'll probably go back even if it's Trump with how much crap Biden had been getting from all sides about inflation and gas prices.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Covri said:

Anybody who has voted R and only didn't in 2020 because of Trump, is 100% going back to the R as long as it's anybody but Trump. Hell they'll probably go back even if it's Trump with how much crap Biden had been getting from all sides about inflation and gas prices.

gas prices have gone down steadily for a month. inflation is likely to be curtailed by then as well. either way, there will be some other distraction tits the R's will throw out there to generate interest but I don't think the topics will be gas or inflation.

1 hour ago, Covri said:

Yeah, we are probably all fucked either way.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

distraction tits

oh-really.gif

5 minutes ago, Covri said:

Those people don't exist.  They are lying.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

One ex-wife down

I'm sure he didn't write it. I doubt he even read it.  Their divorce did inspire one of the great headlines of all time:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Covri said:

I terrible at predicting anything in politics. I think the assumption that Trump fanatics will back DeSantis is shaky. If Trump runs against DeSantis, it will be nasty and all the Trumpers will be worked up into a froth. They're not voting politics, they're voting insurrection. 

DeSantis, IMHO, must have Trump's sincere endorsement and have Trump actively campaigning to get the psycho fuckwad vote. I don't see Trump doing any of that. These are his people, the host for his parasitic urge, providers of the clapping hands and the adoring looks.

Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP. He stole their hate engine and he'll never give it up. I think the struggle for the GOP nomination will resemble a crack whore rumble full of incoherent screaming, blows to the face, and clawed eyes.

I hope it divides that bloc. History tells me that I'm wrong and the vilest crack whore gets the nomination and maybe the White House. The re-election of W and the election of Trump stunned me in ways that will never be calmed. 

Edited by RomaVicta
Thanks, jhawk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

gas prices have gone down steadily for a month. inflation is likely to be curtailed by then as well. either way, there will be some other distraction tits the R's will throw out there to generate interest but I don't think the topics will be gas or inflation.

Then there'll be something else to justify pulling that R lever again.

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, we are probably all fucked either way.

Probably.

39 minutes ago, tigol said:

Those people don't exist.  They are lying.

I also subscribe to this line of thinking.

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I terrible at predicting anything in politics. I think the assumption that Trump fanatics will back DeSantis is shaky. If Trump runs against DeSantis, it will be nasty and all the Trumpers will be worked up into a froth. They're not voting politics, they're voting insurrection. 

DeSantis, IMHO, must have Trump's sincere endorsement and have Trump actively campaigning to get the psycho fuckwad vote. I don't see Trump doing any of that. These are his people, the host for his parasitic urge, providers of the clapping hands and the adoring looks.

Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP. He stole their hate engine and he'll never get it up. I think the struggle for the GOP nomination will resemble a crack whore rumble full of incoherent screaming, blows to the face, and clawed eyes.

I hope it divides that bloc. History tells me that I'm wrong and the vilest crack whore gets the nomination and maybe the White House. The re-election of W and the election of Trump stunned me in ways that will never be calmed. 

All this may be true, but you're still right in the end that the shitiest outcome will eventually occur. Brisket out front should've told ya....

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm sure he didn't write it. I doubt he even read it.  Their divorce did inspire one of the great headlines of all time:

spacer.png

Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP. He stole their hate engine and he'll never get it up. I think the struggle for the GOP nomination will resemble a crack whore rumble full of incoherent screaming, blows to the face, and clawed eyes.

I think that while there is a contingent of Dotard cult that will just not vote if he isn’t there, there’s a not insignificant amount that are so afraid of Dems they will vote desantis and also a good amount of traditional Rs that will come back into the fold. 

image.gif.49962af4296789c83081faa7acedf883.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Counterpoint: if DeSantis wins the nomination, Trump will run around yelling that the primaries were "rigged" and talking shit about DeSantis.  Hell, he might even run a write-in campaign against him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

To add more, I would be more motivated to go out and try and convince people to vote if it wasn’t so god damn obvious what is happening. If we lived in a political environment where policies actually mattered and good faith arguments existed, sure, I could see door knocking and trying to convince people of the Dem candidate’s initiatives. 

As it stands, if there are this many people in our country that are too god damn dumb, checked out, or indoctrinated in a cult to not figure this out on their own, it’s not worth my time. 

I’ll vote and then fucking bail out when it all goes to hell. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Counterpoint: if DeSantis wins the nomination, Trump will run around yelling that the primaries were "rigged" and talking shit about DeSantis.  Hell, he might even run a write-in campaign against him.

This is probably our only hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We can only hope.

• Like 1

Just wait until crude prices fall below average. Then there’ll be hell to pay.

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Desantis will not challenge Trump and the GOP isn't going to risk infighting, it's Trump's nomination if he wants it.

I was today years old when I learned Desantis is only 43. He looks 63 to me. That Florida sun really wears people out.

That said, it would be better to sideline a "young" and smarter Trump like Desantis who could run things for 40+ years if Trump/Biden is any indication with age, so in a perverse way, it might be better to hope for an 80+ year old Trump in 2024.

Edited by Vegas64

23 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

I was today years old when I learned Desantis is only 43. He looks 63 to me. That Florida sun really wears people out.

That said, it would be better to sideline a "young" and smarter Trump like Desantis who could run things for 40+ years if Trump/Biden is any indication with age, so in a perverse way, it might be better to hope for an 80+ year old Trump in 2024.

Holy fucking shit. I would have said late 40s at best. 

I really don’t get how these “young” republicans are made these days. I feel like there must be some Uruk-hai factory pumping them out in West Virginia or something. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, F250 said:

Desantis will not challenge Trump and the GOP isn't going to risk infighting, it's Trump's nomination if he wants it.

Aw, hell no.  These two idiot psychopaths like these can't wait to fight each other.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, F250 said:

This.  The cult is not going to get rid of the cult leader.  Hell, they changed their entire "platform" to "whatever Trump says."

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Holy fucking shit. I would have said late 40s at best. 

I really don’t get how these “young” republicans are made these days. I feel like there must be some Uruk-hai factory pumping them out in West Virginia or something. 

No kidding. That's a hard damn 43.

He graduated HS in 1997, which means that he would have come of age during the Contract with America and Bill Clinton's impeachment. 

And I've said before: the only way Trump doesn't declare is if he's dead.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement