A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

I was today years old when I learned Desantis is only 43. He looks 63 to me. That Florida sun really wears people out.

That said, it would be better to sideline a "young" and smarter Trump like Desantis who could run things for 40+ years if Trump/Biden is any indication with age, so in a perverse way, it might be better to hope for an 80+ year old Trump in 2024.

How about a Trump/Desamtis ticket. They win. Trump dies 2 years in and Desantis serves for 10 years?

Edit: They never win the popular vote and 8/9 Supreme Court seats are appointed by those two guys

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

Can you imagine what the right wing media would be doing if Hilary was about to be deposed and someone close to her fell down some stairs and died causing a delay for her to testify. That might cause them all to implode. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

I was today years old when I learned Desantis is only 43. He looks 63 to me. That Florida sun really wears people out.

That said, it would be better to sideline a "young" and smarter Trump like Desantis who could run things for 40+ years if Trump/Biden is any indication with age, so in a perverse way, it might be better to hope for an 80+ year old Trump in 2024.

He has an old catchers mitt face.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think that while there is a contingent of Dotard cult that will just not vote if he isn’t there, there’s a not insignificant amount that are so afraid of Dems they will vote desantis and also a good amount of traditional Rs that will come back into the fold. 

image.gif.49962af4296789c83081faa7acedf883.gif

This is probably accurate. The MAGA hillbilly crowd that never voted before 2016 and 2020 will go back to simply not showing up if TFG is not on the ballot. I don't think that number is statistically insignificant, but it will certainly cut down on the R's margin of error. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

I assumed 50. He constantly looks like he just drank something sour so maybe that adds to the age discrepancy.

DeSantis is popular because he's shown up the libs with his policies. But remember that he only won Fla by 33K votes.  And he's facing a tough race now against Charlie Crist, a former Republican-now-Democrat. I assume he beats Crist but I would be surprised if it's a runaway.

DeSantis is also about the driest speaker alive and very unlikable. Think Hillary, Kerry or Dole in terms of recent Presidential candidate in terms of being boring. I hate Trump  but I can recognize that he has a level of charisma and is definitely entertaining.

• Like 1

^^^ My hope is that if DeSantis wins the nom, he is too boring and uninspiring to bring out the crazies who never cared about politics before Trump, in order to balance out any Republicans who might revert to their typical voting patterns after voting for Biden or abstaining.

2 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Can you imagine what the right wing media would be doing if Hilary was about to be deposed and someone close to her fell down some stairs and died causing a delay for her to testify. That might cause them all to implode. 

I can't believe I'm about to ask this. But do we know if donny was staying at his ex's house.  This happened in NYC and he was scheduled to be there next week for the deposition.

13 hours ago, F250 said:

Desantis will not challenge Trump and the GOP isn't going to risk infighting, it's Trump's nomination if he wants it.

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Loop Trump GIF

11 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Trump cost the GOP the House, Senate, and White House.  He not only got Dems out to vote, he got people out to vote against him, who don’t vote much.  Many of his endorsements aren’t doing so hot in either their primaries or general election polling this midterm.

If Trump runs and loses again, that gives the Dems even more breathing room to let the demographics continue working in their favor, and the GOP/DeSantis has to wait until 2028.

More importantly, as much as certain battleground states are in flux here in 2022, there is a solid chance that a few more states will become battleground states by 2028 (and Trump could accelerate that if he runs in ‘24).  Hell, based on olds dying off, people moving in, election trends, and the Texas GOP running uninspiring candidates in state offices, Texas could even be a battleground state in 2028, and if it flips, the GOP is done when it comes to the White House.

GOP has to win in ‘24.  They need DeSantis to win, because if he can win in ‘24, he has a chance at ‘28, whereas Trump is term limited and the GOP will be starting over in ‘28.

While all of you assholes sit around talking about how great it would be to come up with a GQP dream product and fleece the rubes by selling it to them, Brad Parscale actually lived the dream. The product? Trump himself. 

The most awful human beings are not those who commit heinous acts because they’ve been deluded and manipulated by powerful people into thinking that they’re doing something noble.

The most awful human beings are the ones who comprehend the truth — who see malignant forces right in front of them, understand how destructive those forces are, feel bad about it, but nonetheless decide to join up with those forces because it pads their bank accounts and their sense of self-importance.

This week, it became clear that Brad Parscale is in the latter group.

Parscale, the former San Antonio website designer, was pushing 40 and as close to apolitical as a person can be when Donald Trump enlisted him to be the digital director of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Parscale, a 6-foot, 8-inch Kansas native who moved to San Antonio in the mid-‘90s to play basketball at the University of Texas at San Antonio, never voted in a Bexar County primary election until 2016. But he caught on quickly and constructed a social-media persona for himself modeled on Trump’s attack-dog style.

Parscale’s novel use of Facebook for advertising and micro-targeting of Republican voters helped lift Trump to an upset victory over Hillary Clinton in November 2016. Trump rewarded Parscale by choosing him to be the campaign manager for the 2020 re-election effort.

In the summer of 2020, with Trump foundering in the polls, he demoted Parscale. Two months later, a shirtless, barefoot Parscale was tackled and handcuffed by Fort Lauderdale police officers called to his home after his wife expressed concerns that Parscale was armed and a potential danger to himself.

More here:  https://www.expressnews.com/news/news_columnists/gilbert_garcia/article/Garcia-Parscale-phony-Trump-17306210.php

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump cost the GOP the House, Senate, and White House.  He not only got Dems out to vote, he got people out to vote against him, who don’t vote much.  Many of his endorsements aren’t doing so hot in either their primaries or general election polling this midterm.

If Trump runs and loses again, that gives the Dems even more breathing room to let the demographics continue working in their favor, and the GOP/DeSantis has to wait until 2028.

More importantly, as much as certain battleground states are in flux here in 2022, there is a solid chance that a few more states will become battleground states by 2028 (and Trump could accelerate that if he runs in ‘24).  Hell, based on olds dying off, people moving in, election trends, and the Texas GOP running uninspiring candidates in state offices, Texas could even be a battleground state in 2028, and if it flips, the GOP is done when it comes to the White House.

GOP has to win in ‘24.  They need DeSantis to win, because if he can win in ‘24, he has a chance at ‘28, whereas Trump is term limited and the GOP will be starting over in ‘28.

Counterpoint. Trump doesn't give a shit about any of this and will burn the party to the ground if he is denied the nomination. He unleashed his mob on the U.S. Capitol, he wouldn't hesitate to turn it on the GOP.

Your explanation only makes sense if Trump was a party loyalist which we all know he is not.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

funny-as-fuck-fucking-funny.gif

There's that wildly misplaced optimism again. But bonus points on being irrepressible, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who are you?  The Anti-Brisket?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

funny-as-fuck-fucking-funny.gif

There's that wildly misplaced optimism again. But bonus points on being irrepressible, I guess. 

None of what I said is false and as tx 3 putt mentioned, Trump also lost Arizona and both Senate seats in Georgia.

Oh, and the motherfucker endorsed Herschel Walker, who is probably the only black Republican that could lose in Georgia.

Hell. Trump campaigned in the Republican primaries against Georgia’s Secretary Of State, Attorney General, and Governor, all three of whom have spoken out against his election claims, and all three of Trump’s picks lost.  You can thank incumbency advantages, but the fact remains, he couldn’t defeat them in a primary.

Fucking Georgia, and Trump couldn’t knock off a single one of the top three Republicans who have spoken out against him.

This is 2022, not 2020 or 2016.

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Counterpoint. Trump doesn't give a shit about any of this and will burn the party to the ground if he is denied the nomination. He unleashed his mob on the U.S. Capitol, he wouldn't hesitate to turn it on the GOP.

Your explanation only makes sense if Trump was a party loyalist which we all know he is not.

Trump is Trump First.  Always has been always will be.

And I hope he runs third party if denied the nomination.  He will burn the GOP down and probably be humiliated in the process.

That all assumes he runs, and I don’t think that’s a given.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

None of what I said is false and as tx 3 putt mentioned, Trump also lost Arizona and both Senate seats in Georgia.

Oh, and the motherfucker endorsed Herschel Walker, who is probably the only black Republican that could lose in Georgia.

Hell. Trump campaigned in the Republican primaries against Georgia’s Secretary Of State, Attorney General, and Governor, all three of whom have spoken out against his election claims, and all three of Trump’s picks lost.  You can thank incumbency advantages, but the fact remains, he couldn’t defeat them in a primary.

Fucking Georgia, and Trump couldn’t knock off a single one of the top three Republicans who have spoken out against him.

This is 2022, not 2020 or 2016.

Yeah. I’m aware trump is a loser. I’m laughing at you thinking Texas is a battleground state anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. I’m aware trump is a loser. I’m laughing at you thinking Texas is a battleground state anytime soon. 

2028 is far enough off.

Abbott is making it very close for the Dems, but DeSantis would easily carry it in ‘24, even though Abbott intends on campaigning for the White House as soon as this year’s election is over.

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

because it's already won? 

Because the influx moving here are red, not blue, and the movement of Latins in south Texas and all over scream backwards, not forwards. Throw in young women likely fleeing post college…it’s not a pretty picture. Fucking Lina Hidalgo is breaking even with a Republican in one of the bluest counties in Texas, indictment or not. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Nancy was rumored to be good at the beej. I’m guessing the aerodynamic hair helped her form and didn’t get in her way. 

As immortalized in the Too $hort rap masterpiece, Cusswords.

"Ask your wife, Nancy Reagan, I know she'll spit that game.
Like one night, she came to my house, and gave me a blow job
She licked my dick, up and down, like it was corn on the cob"

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Trump gets back into the White House in 2025, I'm not so sure he's leaving in 2029 -- hell, he barely left the last time. We need the Almighty to do us all a solid VERY SOON.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

If Trump gets back into the White House in 2025, I'm not so sure he's leaving in 2029 -- hell, he barely left the last time. We need the Almighty to do us all a solid VERY SOON.

You think he’ll be alive in 7 years? Not many people make it to 80 on a diet of McDonalds.

I don’t think he runs anyways.  His current track record of endorsements is not very hot, he’s running out of loyal people who can get shit done (because they are spilling their guts to the Jan. 6th Committee), and there has to be a lot of fear of losing a second time.  He’s going to play kingmaker and steer money into his PACs, and make sure Republicans who want his endorsement spend a lot of money at his properties. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You think he’ll be alive in 7 years? Not many people make it to 80 on a diet of McDonalds.

This man will live to nearly 100. 

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

It was my thought and I’m sure I’m not alone in this that had he won in 2020, he’d do everything in his power to remain in office for a 3rd term and more.  Fully expect him to name either Jr or Ivanka as running mate should he run again.  

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement