A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

At that sneaker conference, Trump auctioned off the one pair of those gold shoes with his autograph. $9,000 was the winning bid. At first I laughed that the guy paid $9,000 when it would be the same shoe that others will buy for a few hundred. Trump's signature isn't worth that much.

But actually I've reversed that thought.  I wouldn't shocked if no one receives the shoes they've now pre-ordered. The winning bid of $9,000 might actually be a collector's item in the weird history of Trump. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At that sneaker conference, Trump auctioned off the one pair of those gold shoes which his autograph. $9,000 was the winning bid. At first I laughed that the guy paid $9,000 when it would be the same shoe that others will buy for a few hundred. Trump's signature isn't worth that much.

But actually I've reversed that thought.  I wouldn't shocked if no one receives the shoes they've now pre-ordered. The winning bid of $9,000 might actually be a collector's item in the weird history of Trump. 

That very thought occurred to me as well.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At that sneaker conference, Trump auctioned off the one pair of those gold shoes which his autograph. $9,000 was the winning bid. At first I laughed that the guy paid $9,000 when it would be the same shoe that others will buy for a few hundred. Trump's signature isn't worth that much.

they were also bought by a russian oligarch proficient in money laundering. but of course shoes are worth $9k

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

It’s all rigged. It’s a hoax. It’s a witch hunt. It’s all politically motivated. It’s the greatest injustice in the history of the world. No one has ever been treated so unfairly.

How fucking stupid do you have to be to not see through the bullshit?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

they were also bought by a russian oligarch proficient in money laundering. but of course shoes are worth $9k

16 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

You, too, could be on public assistance and living in Oklahoma…

Did I mention that she got her breastesses a bit earlier than most girls?  Brisket's young mind was blown, and it was quite hard for young Brisket to concentrate on anything else at the time.

God, young Brisket was pathetic.

Also....old Brisket is not terribly different from young Brisket.

Now, back to happy Holidome memories, which distract me from the hell in which we live, where Trump will be our president again....

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Now, back to happy Holidome memories, which distract me from the hell in which we live, where Trump will be our president again....

There’s a couple of decent little Holidome videos on YouTube, including some home videos people took in the 80s and 90s but fuck there’s a lot of depressing videos of abandoned Holidomes.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There’s a couple of decent little Holidome videos on YouTube, including some home videos people took in the 80s and 90s but fuck there’s a lot of depressing videos of abandoned Holidomes.

Sounds like an investment opportunity to me.  Maybe we can use MS13 insurance premiums to finance a comeback.  

• Hook 'Em 2

My brothers and I got stuck in a Holidome outside Chicago on spring Break in the 80s.  There was a huge snowstorm and we would go out in the snow while wearing our bathing suits, get snowballs, have a snowball fight inside the building and then jump in the pool.

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Sounds like an investment opportunity to me.  Maybe we can use MS13 insurance premiums to finance a comeback.  

Doesn’t have to be Great Wolf Lodge level either.  A large pool with a slide (maybe isolate it in a separate glassed-in area within the “dome” to help with mold) and then pool tables, air hockey, foosball, putt putt golf, arcade, snack/food bar, shuffleboard, some other games, etc.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Doesn’t have to be Great Wolf Lodge level either.  A large pool with a slide (maybe isolate it in a separate glassed-in area within the “dome” to help with mold) and then pool tables, air hockey, foosball, putt putt golf, arcade, snack/food bar, shuffleboard, some other games, etc.

Yeah, it have to be kind of shitty, not too nice.  That sweet spot of just above a by the hour motel but well beneath a Fairfield Inn; of course with a dome and some crappyish amenities.  I might have to insist upon having leisure suit clothiers in them, and sunken living rooms included in the dome area.  

• Drool 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Spent one night at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine for my son's birthday nearly 10 years ago and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. When I got remarried a few years late, one of my wife's family friends gave us a $500 GC to GWL thinking we'd want to take the kids out there sometime. I donated the card to be a raffle item at our annual Rib Cook-Off fund-raising event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Spent one night at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine for my son's birthday nearly 10 years ago and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. When I got remarried a few years late, one of my wife's family friends gave us a $500 GC to GWL thinking we'd want to take the kids out there sometime. I donated the card to be a raffle item at our annual Rib Cook-Off fund-raising event.

Did Ted Nugent headline?  Oh wait, that's only at chili cook-offs. 

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

tenor(5).gif.3df6798179a6cb84ecc65bdbe2eb320d.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Allow me to present the MCM Grand Hotel and Fundome in Odessa:

grande-exterior.jpg?width=1920

0222l120008ybc17u672A_R_800_525.jpg

MCM_Grande_Hotel_FunDome_Odessa-Odessa-B

Sorry, I couldn't find any pics of the buffet. 

I actually had to stay there once a few years back. Couldn't find a room anywhere else. Oil boom, whatayagonnado?

Kids in the pool and play areas running wild, oilfield roughnecks hanging out in the parking lot drinking beer. 

For the more discriminating, I suggest you try the MCM Hotel Elegante, just one more exit down I-20. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter
I-10, I-20, whatever
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The high-pitch screaming of kids, echoing through the GWL is awful.  That auditory agony surpassed only by the crowd at a Jojo Siwa concert.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I actually had to stay there once a few years back. Couldn't find a room anywhere else. Oil boom, whatayagonnado?

Kids in the pool and play areas running wild, oilfield roughnecks hanging out in the parking lot drinking beer. 

For the more discriminating, I suggest you try the MCM Hotel Elegante, just one more exit down I-10. 

I think that's going to be the location for season three of White Lotus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

For the more discriminating, I suggest you try the MCM Hotel Elegante, just one more exit down I-10. 

If we don't do a Surly road trip to this paradise, then we are not committed enough to this bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If we don't do a Surly road trip to this paradise, then we are not committed enough to this bit.

Quite affordable $89 a night on a weeknight.  That includes up to 4 arm bands for the fun Dome.  I imagine whatever left over yeyo you find in your room is for your own consumption.   That place is flat out magical.  

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Grapevine is awful. Does any town really need 10 bistros/wineries on the same fucking street?

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

When this thread gets hot I always hope it’s because something bad happened or this orange sack of shit died. Nope, holidome talk. 

Don't forget the part about the cute Oklahoma girl Brisket was pathetically pining for at one of said Holidomes.

Did I mention she looked a LOT like a young Nikki Cox?

MV5BZmNiNWJkYzgtNDFiMS00ZGFlLWE4MWQtNjNh

And that I understand that she has aged just as poorly?  FOCUS, people.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Drool 2

17 hours ago, Burt said:

oklahoma is calling BS on that list. #45 on the list but #1 in the hearts of all maga oklhomoians !

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't forget the part about the cute Oklahoma girl Brisket was pathetically pining for at one of said Holidomes.

Did I mention she looked a LOT like a young Nikki Cox?

MV5BZmNiNWJkYzgtNDFiMS00ZGFlLWE4MWQtNjNh

And that I understand that she has aged just as poorly?  FOCUS, people.

What was the show she was on where the dad was an Al Bundy rip off that talked to a rabbit puppet?

Im too lazy to google and know you fucks well enough to know you’ll know.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

When this thread gets hot I always hope it’s because something bad happened or this orange sack of shit died. Nope, holidome talk. 

We get more easily side-tracked than the orange sack of shit does during his stump speeches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Dnaguy said:

What was the show she was on where the dad was an Al Bundy rip off that talked to a rabbit puppet?

Yeah, whatever that show was, it was super stupid.

But, it had Nikki Cox, so it was worth checking out from time to time.  What she did to herself is downright criminal.  I think her breakup with Bobcat Goldthwaite wrecked her.

Bobcat Goldthwaite, man.  What a universe we live in.

Just now, C-Man said:

We get more easily side-tracked than the orange sack of shit does during his stump speeches.

I bet we can have Dotard blaming Bobcat Goldthwaite for January 6th before this week is out.

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Wiki tells me Unhappily Ever After.

Jumping from Bobcat to Jay Mohr is something.

John Oliver said HBO's new policy is to not let him post his clips until the Thursday after his show airs, so I did have to do a little work to bring this clip that he showed last night. (I hope it works.) It's about 45-50 seconds.

You can punch out as soon at 1:20:33 or so when he ends this "story."

EDIT: well, fuck, when I edited to fix some grammar, it must’ve killed the YouTube. I’ll try and re-post.

EDIT #2: Here it is: 

Edited by C-Man
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Wiki tells me Unhappily Ever After.

Jumping from Bobcat to Jay Mohr is something.

That’s it!

Man talk about blast from the past.

It always seemed to be on UPN or CW or whatever on Saturdays or Sundays during the mid or late 90’s.

After typing this I realize how incredibly ridiculously specifically nonspecific I am.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:40 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Reagan napped all through his presidency and he still caused the Soviet Union to collapse

Don't underestimate the power of a good nap.

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

As if this was a surprise.  But big picture, since the GOP and RNC are now fully owned subsidiaries of the Trump Organization (or better yet, Trump Org is dead and gone and replaced by the GOP and RNC), what does that do for the future of Republicans?  These two operations will be strip mined.  In 8-10 years, will the GOP be forced to start completely over as a new party?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-rnc-takeover-is-on-the-brink-of-becoming-a-purge?ref=scroll

Hide contents

Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, is the highest-profile addition, tapped to serve as a co-chair chiefly tasked with fundraising. Chris LaCivita, one of the top advisers on the Trump campaign, will serve in a de facto chief operating officer role, despite the position technically not existing within the RNC. 

Trump loyalist Michael Whatley, chairman of the North Carolina state GOP, is in line to directly succeed McDaniel as party chair.

One of their main goals in overhauling the RNC, according to a source familiar with the plans, is to rid the apparatus of so-called “partycrats”—those who’ve been climbing the ladder in D.C. working for GOP organizations—and replace them with staffers who have more campaign experience.

“There’s no campaign people there, in that whole fucking building. Like none,” the Republican familiar with the plans said. “The RNC, they used to be known for providing a state-of-the-art campaign training. And inexplicably, they ended it years ago and could never explain why.”

The party’s training program worked well to help shape campaign managers, field organizers, and other important roles on campaigns, the Republican said. Under the new regime, the RNC will go back to training its canvassers in-house, rather than hiring outside firms to do so.

Everyone in the party “saw how that went in Iowa,” the Republican said, taking a shot at former GOP candidate Ron DeSantis’ bold yet failed strategy of contracting critical voter-contact tasks to outside groups.

The new and staunchly MAGA crew will take control of the RNC at a pivotal time for both Trump and the party. Trump is close to locking up his third consecutive presidential nomination and continues to exert dominance over a party he has already completely transformed since his 2016 election victory.

At the same time, Trump is about to hit a serious cash crunch stemming from his numerous court battles, and there are questions over whether he’ll continue to tap his own political operation, and the RNC itself, to pay the legal bills. The RNC, which ended 2023 historically low on funds, can’t quite afford that. A Trump official told Axios that no RNC cash would go to Trump’s legal defense, but there are possible ways around that.

On top of everything else, one of the chief goals of the new leadership group is to transfer more RNC money to state party organizations, particularly those in the battleground states, according to a Republican source familiar with the plans. In states like Michigan and Arizona—two pivotal battlegrounds—they could desperately use the transfers, with both GOP organizations close to going broke.

Despite the enormous challenges, this new triumvirate is inspiring optimism both in Trumpworld and around the RNC, at least among those who aren’t getting purged.

Though McDaniel rose to the party’s top position as an unflinching Trump loyalist, she fended off challenges to her leadership for much of the past year. In 2023, activist and lawyer Harmeet Dhillon ran against her RNC chair citing a list of grievances, chiefly wasteful spending.

Although she took heat over the lackluster 2022 midterm results, McDaniel was ultimately undone by mounting clashes with Trump over the party’s finances and her refusal to cover his legal bills.

The new crew of leadership, of course, will be far less resistant to helping Trump however possible.

“I think what I’ve seen between Whatley, Lara and Chris, I think it’s gonna be a great team,” another RNC source familiar with the shakeup told The Daily Beast.

Bannon, who has often been harshly critical even of the Trumpified GOP establishment, seconded the sentiment, saying he believes “LaCivita is a tough political operative” and that he “understands exactly what needs to be done to clean out the consultant class rats’ nest at the RNC.”

While there is widespread agreement on the wisdom of Trump choosing Whatley and LaCivita to helm the RNC, opinions differ when it comes to Lara Trump.

Bannon, for one, commended Trump’s decision to elevate his daughter-in-law as the vice-chair, calling it “an inspired choice for the base.”

Within GOP circles, the concerns surrounding Lara Trump center on her being viewed as a nepotism appointment who doesn’t have the experience necessary to do what the co-chair job entails, which is mainly fundraising.

One former official on the Trump 2020 campaign expressed that they were happy McDaniel is leaving, but said that to view “Lara Trump as the solution is a joke.”

“She’s not there to be an asset to the RNC, she’s there to be Trump’s eyes and ears,” this former official said.

Another Republican operative relayed a similar sentiment about the presidential daughter-in-law, saying that “GOP donors are in full panic mode over the possibility of Lara Trump” being RNC co-chair.

“The RNC needs someone who can rack in the dough for Trump,” the operative said. “She ain’t it.”

Still, some Republicans said Lara Trump has improved upon the initial impression she made to committee members on the fundraising circuit. 

One source close to the RNC—who used to think she was a “lightweight” with little knowledge of the political landscape—conceded in a recent interview that the newly minted GOP power player has made significant strides in her command of the issues and personalities which dominate the donor landscape.

“I actually think she’s very competent and I think she’s smart and would learn quickly, the same as Ronna did,” the first source close to the RNC said. “In that position, one of her biggest things would be raising money, and she would have Trump’s contacts. It bothers me a little bit that it’s nepotism, but I guess that’s how his world runs.”

With Trump’s daughter-in-law handling the money, his senior campaign adviser will be overseeing day to day operations within the party—while still serving on the campaign.

Whether the RNC will be able to revamp its transfers to state parties remains to be seen. But the full merging of Trumpworld and the party apparatus is fast approaching, come what may in the next eight months.

“Way too early for us to be even speculating on the amount of money sent to state parties,” the Republican familiar with the plans said. “But expect to see a lot more activity between the RNC and state parties, and a lot more synergy between this RNC and the Trump campaign.”

And y'all think I'm nuts for thinking the GOP is getting killed off.

I'll wager within a decade, there'll be a substantial number of conspiracy nuts (like, more than ten) who see Trump's history of being a Democrat, and start thinking Trump was a sleeper brought into the Republican party in order to destroy it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Don't underestimate the power of a good nap.

And y'all think I'm nuts for thinking the GOP is getting killed off.

I'll wager within a decade, there'll be a substantial number of conspiracy nuts (like, more than ten) who see Trump's history of being a Democrat, and start thinking Trump was a sleeper brought into the Republican party in order to destroy it.

Within a decade?  Q is ready to announce that now.