A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 3/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Pence is trying to play both sides. He still thinks he might have a future in the Republican Party. He thinks he might even run for President. He’ll never again hold elected office. He should just accept that and do the right thing for the second time in his life. I doubt whether the people who wanted to kill him in order to help Trump hold on to power are ever going to forgive him no matter what he does.

Pence said, “history will hold Donald Trump accountable.” Well, Mike, you could do history a big favor and speak the truth about what happened. In order for history to hold him accountable, you can’t be a coward. Speak up. The truth shall set you free.

Yeah, we've seen this before in that Trump seems weak right now, and hopefully is and stays that way.  And certain people are taking tentative steps away from him.

But if he starts getting primary traction, they'll all be gobbling his crank once again like the bunch of sycophant soy boy cucks they really all are.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 5:27 PM, Hermanator said:

Pence is trying to save his own ass by blocking testimony. He knows he was involved in illegal shit too during that admin, doesn't know exactly what people going after trump know about him, and doesn't want to risk perjuring himself about his own shit. Or having to take the 5th to avoid it

Actually, I don't think so.  First off, I don't think he was ever in the inner circle of Trump confidantes that would have been trusted with any kind of skulduggery.  Second, it's pretty clear he got solid legal advice from real lawyers that kept him from going down the Eastman rabbit hole.  I don't think he has any criminal exposure here whatsoever.  But I think he can be very, very damaging to Trump and those in his orbit.

He's playing both sides.  He can pretend that resisting the subpoena raises some interesting legal questions -- it does, bigtime bro -- but that's not why he's doing it.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:12 PM, nbmishoid said:

1968, I think, and LBJ comes to rat warren Killeen, of all places, to dedicate the new JC there (CTC).  My eldest sister and her HS civics class went out to ogle.  Somehow she got her hand out and as he came by he shook it and said “how are you doing, darling?”  As if he were Willie.

By most accounts, LBJ was one charming motherfucking pig.  When he wanted or needed to be.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:26 AM, RomaVicta said:

I'm beginning to find it amusing that his signature song is YMCA which he must hear all the time and dance to if anyone is around. Try to imagine Dwight Eisenhower or Lyndon Johnson or George Washington dancing to YMCA.

George would hump a stump to "Turkey in the Straw." A leftover habit from his lonely surveying days.

• Haha 4

Can I get a ruling from a moderator?  I want no discussion of politics or even his syntax.  

But what the fuck with that lighting?  Any other country, whose former Head of State, appeared under lighting like that on widespread video...they'd be talking about it on mainstream forums, not just the political ones.  What the fuck>?  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Can I get a ruling from a moderator?  I want no discussion of politics or even his syntax.  

But what the fuck with that lighting?  Any other country, whose former Head of State, appeared under lighting like that on widespread video...they'd be talking about it on mainstream forums, not just the political ones.  What the fuck>?  

Pretty sure it is intentional.  When your main goal is to scare the shit out of the rubes, then dark/ominous lighting is what you're going for.

Yeah, but on some level he has to know that is not his best light and he's a guy who knows the best/worst of lighting scenarios.  If not for the flags behind him, he looks like one more video away from holding up a daily newspaper as proof of life.  

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Thanks for pointing that out. When I re-watched it, it looked like he may have been particularly orange. Like radioactive orange. I wonder if in better light that the intensity of his face paint flares on camera and frightens children.

His “Kari Lake Camera Filter” is back ordered on Amazon.

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

My brain just melted.

By background and qualifications, that guy seems to be significantly less of an assclown than the Trump lawyers of the last few years.

Still, he completely fucked that one up.  A lie is a lie, Joe.  Many lies have no legal consequences, but they're still lies.

And that's an interesting aspect of this NY DA case.  NY apparently has a criminal statute forbidding the falsifying of business records.  Unlike most similar things, you apparently don't have to do anything with those falsified business records to commit the crime (like submit them to an authority or attempt to induce someone to rely on them to their detriment).  Just falsify business records.  That's kind of interesting.  The penalty may explain it because it's a misdemeanor unless you use them to commit another crime, which in this case would be to commit an election violation.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why is an innocent man scared of an indictment ? 

I have no doubt that Trump is scared shitless of an indictment.  He knows damn well how to abuse the system and how that abuse will not work in the criminal courts.

But, a good criminal lawyer will do anything pre-indictment to talk the prosecution out of indictment, including take their client before a grand jury, if the client isn't Donald Trump.

So, I wouldn't read too much into that, other than he's about to be indicted.  I hope they can make it stick.

And, even the innocent should fear an indictment for any kind of serious crime.  There's not much worse that I can imagine than having to wait for and sit through a criminal trial as a defendant.  At least that doesn't involve physical harm or injury.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

By most accounts, LBJ was one charming motherfucking pig.  When he wanted or needed to be.
I've read the Gay Place probably 4-5 times just because the LBJ character Arthur Goddamn Finstemaker is so fucking hilarious, charming and just plain unusual (and from what I've read Brammer was very accurate being on the inside for a bit)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pretty sure it is intentional.  When your main goal is to scare the shit out of the rubes, then dark/ominous lighting is what you're going for.
Trump doesn't think about shit like that at all. Pure ID. Pure Ratings. If people cheer at some bullshit that dribbles out of his pie hole,
he keeps saying it. He is lazy and self serving 24-7. He feels orange makeup makes him look good - he rides with it forever. Or his weird golf pants up to his tits. Or shitty lighting. He has zero class, taste, charm or wit in anything. Watches, planes, food, drink, fashion, design, women, music, dance, television, humor. He is complete shit at everything he does and experiences and because of his mental disorder he is unable to modify his fucked up behavior because he can't own even the tiniest faux paux.

If it's so gauche or racist that few feel comfortable cheering he stops saying that only because it doesn't give him a reward hit to his ego. Anything that doesn't further that chasing of dopamine gets dropped, but not for moral reasons, its purely self serving.
Clearly enough of the country like the double ghost dick jerk off to homoerotic disco song dance he does. So he keeps doing that. If no one cheered he'd stop and try something equally cringe for ratings or applause maybe light twerking. /Shivers

He's like some distillation of every shitty boomer trait personified.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Trump doesn't think about shit like that at all. Pure ID. Pure Ratings. If people cheer at some bullshit that dribbles out of his pie hole,
he keeps saying it. He is lazy and self serving 24-7. He feels orange makeup makes him look good - he rides with it forever. Or his weird golf pants up to his tits. Or shitty lighting. He has zero class, taste, charm or wit in anything. Watches, planes, food, drink, fashion, design, women, music, dance, television, humor. He is complete shit at everything he does and experiences and because of his mental disorder he is unable to modify his fucked up behavior because he can't own even the tiniest faux paux.

If it's so gauche or racist that few feel comfortable cheering he stops saying that only because it doesn't give him a reward hit to his ego. Anything that doesn't further that chasing of dopamine gets dropped, but not for moral reasons, its purely self serving.
Clearly enough of the country like the double ghost dick jerk off to homoerotic disco song dance he does. So he keeps doing that. If no one cheered he'd stop and try something equally cringe for ratings or applause maybe light twerking. /Shivers

He's like some distillation of every shitty boomer trait personified.

So much this. He’s a simple man. He’s not complex at all. That makes him easy to understand, to explain, and to predict. If you understand the basic rules dictated by his narcissism, he’s an open book.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There's not much worse that I can imagine than having to wait for and sit through a criminal trial as a defendant.  At least that doesn't involve physical harm or injury.

Perhaps you haven't watched Texas Football for the last decade.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

smirk drinking GIF

It won't.  His MO is to fuck around, delay, obfuscate and then settle.  He almost always pays, the question is when and how much. He never goes to trial because he knows he's wrong and will lose.

There's no escaping the criminal penalty here.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Everything Is Fine Doctor GIF by Travis

The deets. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/15/trump-media-investigated-possible-money-laundering

Though the two payments to Trump Media ostensibly came from two separate entities – first Paxum Bank and second ES Family Trust – the trustee of ES Family Trust, a person called Angel Pacheco, appears to have simultaneously been a director of Paxum Bank.

The Russian connection, as being examined by prosecutors in the US attorney’s office for the southern district of New York, centers on a part-owner of Paxum Bank – an individual named Anton Postolnikov, who appears to be a relation of Putin ally Aleksandr Smirnov.

Smirnov, who heads the Russia-controlled maritime company Rosmorport, worked in the Central Office of the Russian government until 2017. Before that, Smirnov was the first deputy minister of justice of Russia until 2014, and for most of Putin’s first two terms as president, Smirnov served in the executive office of the president.

I've seen a dozen "Oh man, what a terrible day for Donald Trump, his house of cards is collapsing around him" tweets over the past two years. They need to get fucked. At this point, they might as well end with, "And number 6 will really surprise you!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I've seen a dozen "Oh man, what a terrible day for Donald Trump, his house of cards is collapsing around him" tweets over the past two years. They need to get fucked. At this point, they might as well end with, "And number 6 will really surprise you!"

Along with a "Next" button to take you onto the next page and the next page and the next....