A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Trump obviously appeals to big labor in the Midwest, but even those guys know Trump is full of shit on this topic.  Detroit initiated more electric vehicles during the Trump administration than any other in U.S. history.  I can think of a dozen models from the big 3 that are electric off the top of my head and I don't keep up with new cars like I used to.  Plus, Commander Dipshit...electric car manufacturing domestically actually requires more job hours per vehicle than internal combustion job hours.  There's actually more hours to go around to more union guys than the old model.  As long as they're getting shifts and benefits and respectful dignity.  Which Trump wouldn't know anything about.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let's lump in the UAW with [check notes] school choice.

Screenshot2023-09-05074140.png.68df8dc9d9e5c7062e58b14e96b6a393.png

It's funny because EV penetration in China is among the highest in the world. Multiple new EV companies such as Nio, Xpeng, BYD, Geely, and Zeekr have popped up and gained significant share from legacy OEMs such as VW and GM.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

It's funny because EV penetration in China is among the highest in the world. Multiple new EV companies such as Nio, Xpeng, BYD, Geely, and Zeekr have popped up and gained significant share from legacy OEMs such as VW and GM.

Yeah, but do you think Eusaw in Toadsuck, Arkansas is going to know that, or even care if that is told to him?  To he and his friends and family, that's fake news.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:13 AM, YGIFS said:

Trump obviously appeals to big labor in the Midwest, but even those guys know Trump is full of shit on this topic.  Detroit initiated more electric vehicles during the Trump administration than any other in U.S. history.  I can think of a dozen models from the big 3 that are electric off the top of my head and I don't keep up with new cars like I used to.  Plus, Commander Dipshit...electric car manufacturing domestically actually requires more job hours per vehicle than internal combustion job hours.  There's actually more hours to go around to more union guys than the old model.  As long as they're getting shifts and benefits and respectful dignity.  Which Trump wouldn't know anything about.

Oh, he knows plenty about those things.  They are things he won't pay for.  Let's be crystal clear: if Trump owned an auto company, the thing it would end up being most famous for would be stiffing his workers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dammit, it wasn't Kool-Aid at Jonestown.  It was Flavor-Aid.

You know, he fucked up wine, bottled water, and vodka. 

What's popular right now in the beverage space?  Energy drinks?  Carbonated hard drinks?  

Somebody could easily get Trump to license his name to a carbonated seltzer booze drink with caffeine or whatever.  45Loko.  And eventually we taint the supply with a lethal dose of cyanide.  Could be fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Dammit, it wasn't Kool-Aid at Jonestown.  It was Flavor-Aid.

You know, he fucked up wine, bottled water, and vodka. 

What's popular right now in the beverage space?  Energy drinks?  Carbonated hard drinks?  

Somebody could easily get Trump to license his name to a carbonated seltzer booze drink with caffeine or whatever.  45Loko.  And eventually we taint the supply with a lethal dose of cyanide.  Could be fun.

Four(ty-five) Loko is actually genius. We should get a logo and start marketing t-shirts. Pretty sure we could sell them to MAGA and anti-MAGA both.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

image.thumb.jpeg.66030f09049fcbd4f771e38cb4bc7e7a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.97062e77ee39fef2a2abf9c2aa6da7ae.jpeg

On 9/2/2023 at 5:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, looney as hell.

On the other hand, gotta give him credit for coming around, given that he’ll catch shit for it.

Well in the first post we have no idea where he was posting from but in the second he came down to Earth.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:49 PM, Gatorubet said:

FD63DC4A-52AA-469C-8C1C-475D28460E11.thumb.jpeg.6837712bac684ccffd1d3f769013767d.jpeg

The Brits really can turn a phrase.

And I do think from my recent trip that they have an excellent historical understanding of how to deal with people like Trump. 

Hey, I was just there in July. Got a pic of my teen age daughter standing next to a beef eater in full regalia. I asked the beef eater if he could act like he was arresting my daughter. Neither he nor my daughter were amused. So much for British humour.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Hey, I was just there in July. Got a pic of my teen age daughter standing next to a beef eater in full regalia. I asked the beef eater if he could act like he was arresting my daughter. Neither he nor my daughter were amused. So much for British humour.

You commented on his teeth, didn't you?

51 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Bad news for the B1G and BXII then.

<sigh> Not a B1G home game. And it’s not Trump bringing down the Big XII. The Longhorn Network did that.

I think he was probably referencing the USFL. I don’t know. I was making a joke about ISU’s loss yesterday but maybe BamaATL forgot how it all started with this:

That resulted in a 46-41 upset win for visiting LSU.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

<sigh> Not a B1G home game. And it’s not Trump bringing down the Big XII. The Longhorn Network did that.

I think he was probably referencing the USFL. I don’t know. I was making a joke about ISU’s loss yesterday but maybe BamaATL forgot how it all started with this:

That resulted in a 46-41 upset win for visiting LSU.

It wasn't specific just a low hanging fruit joke about the USFL.  Though unrelated, I do I think the Big Ten is destined for huge failure out of all this.  TV contracts have been extraordinarily over leveraged, and this race to grab is only going to exasperate the situation.  I think the SEC will emerge ok out all this, but it wouldn't be surprising to me if our collective deal gets blown up with ESPN in bankruptcy.  Chasing dollars in the frenzied way in college football has done isn't going to work the way people think (to be honest I think its implosion is going be interesting).  But I digress, and that's just my opinion.  

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is it true that whenever Trump goes to a football game the home team loses?

I believe the phrase is "Everything Trump Touches Dies."

When I saw he was at the game, I thought that was a bad omen for ISU.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:42 AM, BamaATL said:

It wasn't specific just a low hanging fruit joke about the USFL.  Though unrelated, I do I think the Big Ten is destined for huge failure out of all this.  TV contracts have been extraordinarily over leveraged, and this race to grab is only going to exasperate the situation.  I think the SEC will emerge ok out all this, but it wouldn't be surprising to me if our collective deal gets blown up with ESPN in bankruptcy.  Chasing dollars in the frenzied way in college football has done isn't going to work the way people think (to be honest I think its implosion is going be interesting).  But I digress, and that's just my opinion.  

Pretty sure the Big 10 will be fine. 

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/11/has-his-own-age-problem--and-it-terrifies-him/

Editorial theorizes he's scared of impending dementia.  This bit just completely cracked me up.  

I will name the place and the test, and it will be a tough one. Nobody will come even close to me! We can also throw some physical activity into it. I just won the Senior Club Championship at a big golf club, with many very good players. To do so you need strength, accuracy, touch and, above all, mental toughness. Ask Bret Baier (Fox), a very good golfer. The Wall Street Journal & Fox are damaged goods after their failed DeSanctimonious push & stupid $780,000,000 "settlement." MORONS!!!

"Senior Club Championship at a big golf club" put me in tears.  Normally I just rage at the man, or roll my eyes or what not.  But this one, whew, thanks Donny, that was funny.

• Hook 'Em 1