Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

At this point, it’s pretty obvious it’s going to be Goulding.  He’s close to Bo Davis.  Davis is the guy that recommended him to Saban.  He probably knows he’s on his way out at Bama.  If Davis is the D-line coach, probably because Goulding is the DC.  Is this what it’s looking like right now? 

DC- Goulding 

DL- Davis

LB- Huztler or unknown at this point.

DB:  Joeseph/Gideon.

If this is what we end up with, I’ll give it a B- and be over underwhelmed after CDC saying he’s excited about the staff.  We need a heavy hitter recruiter like Lupoi or Raymond on defense.  

A) no Hutzler, he's 95% going to Ole Miss.

B)  that's not a B-. Golding isnt my favorite choice, but that's a better defensive staff than pretty much any school in the country except for the Playoff perennials, especially with Davis as the DL coach.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

Wonder if those stats might have been helped by games vs Rice, Wyoming and Florida Atlantic?

I wonder if they were hurt by being on the field constantly in poor field position after our own offense shit itself. 

Every team has patsies on the schedule. Not every team is forced to support a bottom quartile offense in CFB averaging a smooth 2-3 turnovers per game. 

And that doesn’t count being forced to try unsound thing to make something happen to get the ball back late in games. That’s verbatim from Muschamp after the the loss to UCLA who’s loss you are no doubt referencing with the pistol offense BS. 

Teams struggling to defend the run give a lot more than 130 some odd yards a game. For reference please note half the UT defenses from the last decade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A) no Hutzler, he's 95% going to Ole Miss.

B)  that's not a B-. Golding isnt my favorite choice, hat's a better defensive staff than pretty much any school in the country except for the Playoff perennials, especially with Davis as the DL coach.

Plus Davis is a damn good recruiter (and a former North Shore coach) and Joseph is good for east Texas and Louisiana. 

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Plus Davis is a damn good recruiter (and a former North Shore coach) and Joseph is good for east Texas and Louisiana. 

True, but i still think we need a Raymond and Banks/Simmons type of recruiter on each side. That is the missing piece.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Bluebell is overrated water based garbage.

One thing I learned about myself after swearing off BB for life is that it opens up your options to so many better ice creams 

They have done a remarkable job marketing themselves as great ice cream.  Texans have been hoodwinked.

• Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Bluebell is overrated water based garbage.

It's not garbage, but it's on par with most of what you can get at a grocery store. I lived outside of Texas for 20 years before moving back a couple of years ago. I was looking forward to trying Bluebell again and was disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I like that one.

It’s so good. And a scoop of that with Amy’s Mexican Vanilla over my mom’s peach cobbler and it’s the best dessert ever. But I digress...

the staff so far as assembled looks good and very fired up. Obviously, DC is a huge deal and I really like Arnett but I am trying to keep an open mind. It’s not like I have much choice. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He coached DB/Safeties before he got to Alabama. Also - Alabama DB coach Karl Scott is a Golding guy who worked with him at Southeastern and Tusculum before being hired to be a part of Golding’s staff at Alabama. If Golding is the hire and is bringing a coach with him - I’d expect it to be Scott. 

Karl Scott you say? 

Brock.jpg

Brock 2.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

People who enjoy vanilla ice cream think missionary sex is getting “adventurous “

Missionary is the best position. There I will say it as an unpopular opinion.  It shouldn’t be the only position, but it’s great. Vanilla ice cream is a great base- as long as you are adding something to it. Workmanlike. Coach on the field. Boring AF by itself. Delightful on a banana with whipped cream, cherries and some caramel and/or chocolate sauce 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I tried this brand once because I'd heard it was good.

It was the worst ice cream I've ever had. Maybe it was a bad batch, but it was nearly inedible.

This brand is ass, but this particular flavor is easily their best.