Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

Of the potential coaching targets that Josh Brown has followed, have you checked to see which of them have followed him back? If the thought is that JB is in some way involved in the hiring or onboarding process, that would seem relevant since most people have their Twitter account set to where they can't be DM'ed by anyone that they don't follow. 

Coaches are generally more canny about the Twitter following until stuff is announced. Moreso when they're currently contracted somewhere. I'd guarantee Texas gives employees that need to be in touch a more number/email and they're given a heads up by employees they're in contact with to expect contact from x. I've been involved in an industry/sport where this is a "concern" and that's how our org dealt with it.

10 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Of the potential coaching targets that Josh Brown has followed, have you checked to see which of them have followed him back? If the thought is that JB is in some way involved in the hiring or onboarding process, that would seem relevant since most people have their Twitter account set to where they can't be DM'ed by anyone that they don't follow. 

Don't think he is involved in a major way but thinking he must have a buddy on the onboarding side that is feeding him stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

Roach on Tosh

I’ve been told there have been substantial conversations between Tosh Lupoi and Texas. From what I know, if he wants a job there’s an opening here from him. He and Sark are close but I’ve been told it is not for any play calling duties on defense. As I reported last week, Lupoi really wants to come back as a DC and play caller to get back on track towards being a head coach.

One school to watch out for is Oregon. The Ducks have a DC opening and head coach Mario Cristobal is also close with Lupoi. Lupoi also has family in the Pacific Northwest so Oregon would be very intriguing. If Cristobal offers him play calling duties that could be a wrap. 

I’m told he’s still mulling over options.

With the DC likely being Golding then that leaves Arnett going to Oregon so Tosh more than likely won't have the option to call plays there.

Also Oregon 247 posters are excited Todd Orlando could be a DC there so pray for those poor souls. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

With the DC likely being Golding then that leaves Arnett going to Oregon so Tosh more than likely won't have the option to call plays there.

Also Oregon 247 posters are excited Todd Orlando could be a DC there so pray for those poor souls. 

Maybe he stopped blitzing from Mars.

4 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Sounds like Drew Brees will retire after the playoffs are over.  I'm shocked he's still in it with all those busted ribs.

Would be nice to put some feelers in and see if he'd be interested in joining the staff and being groomed for an eventual quarterbacks coach type position.

He's not Texas Ex but he is "from" Austin and his Uncle played Quarterback for UT.  

dumb dummy GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I learned today that Blue Bell is trash, Ash is trash (again), 6 + 5 equals more than 10, allegedly, Nick Saban is trying to pawn off his entire offensive staff to Texas, but we’re too good for Alabama’s scrub coaches (unless they’re not coming), and Drew Brees may soon be on his way to Austin to be groomed for a possible future role coaching quarterbacks if he shows any potential in that department. In summary, just another day of Surly education.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

I learned today that Blue Bell is trash, Ash is trash (again), 6 + 5 equals more than 10, allegedly, Nick Saban is trying to pawn off his entire offensive staff to Texas, but we’re too good for Alabama’s scrub coaches (unless they’re not coming), and Drew Brees may soon be on his way to Austin to be groomed for a possible future role coaching quarterbacks if he shows any potential in that department. In summary, just another day of Surly education.

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Sounds like Drew Brees will retire after the playoffs are over.  I'm shocked he's still in it with all those busted ribs.

Would be nice to put some feelers in and see if he'd be interested in joining the staff and being groomed for an eventual quarterbacks coach type position.

He's not Texas Ex but he is "from" Austin and his Uncle played Quarterback for UT.  

We should probably also ask Sean Payton if he would join our staff as an analyst and groom him to one day be a position coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

And a scoop of that with Amy’s Mexican Vanilla over my mom’s peach cobbler and it’s the best dessert ever.

This may be the best post of all time in this place.  No offense to your Mom, but you could put a scoop of Amy’s Mexican Vanilla on warm poop and I’d contemplate diving in...#nocap 

• Like 1