Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

Just now, Texasrocks said:

He needs to let someone else call plays. When things start going wrong, he can't problem solve on his own.

Sark is brilliant at play design, and he has flashes of brilliance calling plays, particularly against the best opponents.

But, there's so much other stuff he's got to manage on game day.  He needs to design the plays, coach the offense in practice, and let somebody else call the plays

Still, we're 9-1, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn't think this was on Sark. WTF was the defense doing in the 2nd half? PK starts rotating the DBs way early and way too much and it just ignites the other team's offense. This is crunch time of the season. Ride the horses that get you wins and shorten the rotations in the defensive backfield until it's legitimately garbage time.

19 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I didn't think this was on Sark. WTF was the defense doing in the 2nd half? PK starts rotating the DBs way early and way too much and it just ignites the other team's offense. This is crunch time of the season. Ride the horses that get you wins and shorten the rotations in the defensive backfield until it's legitimately garbage time.

Sark is the HC.  This is on Sark.  He fucks up constantly managing games and he thinks way too much of his DC, who gets roasted on the reg after halftime.

A real HC would look to upgrade Gideon and Joseph.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

He needs to let someone else call plays. When things start going wrong, he can't problem solve on his own.

He might be the best play caller after Riley.  Get out of here with that bullshit.  He’s such a good play caller that we hired him to be able to match Riley yet you think we should hire another OC.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sark is the HC.  This is on Sark.  He fucks up constantly managing games and he thinks way too much of his DC, who gets roasted on the reg after halftime.

A real HC would look to upgrade Gideon and Joseph.  

During the season?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

Which game would you say he's been elite this year?

I think he’s called the game pretty well through the whole season.  I think he’s mismanaged the clock a few times and should have kicked a FG a few times.  I think the team has lacked execution more than bad play calling and I’m also factoring in we had a back up QB for two games.  We are ranked #14 in total offense.  Who would like us to replace Sark with that is better?  For reference, level of OCs Texas has attracted have been Mike Yurcich, Tim Beck, Shawn Watson, Sterling Gilbert, Major Applewhite…. That’s our history with OCs.  You think we should replace our current OC who has been hired by Pete Carrol, Nick Saban, and was offered jobs in the NFL to call plays and run his offense.  The same guy that has put 8 QBs in the NFL and  and has been the only person to help a WR win the Heisman in recent memory.  Same dude the Manning’s sent their son to play for.  Please tell me who you would like to hire to call plays to replace Sark that will improve our offense?

I think Sark has flaws like every head coach but let’s not get stupid here.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

It's supposed to work despite less than ideal blocking, except Red is starting to dance too much instead of just finding a guy to run through. 

My main gripe is that we don't seem to hunt matchups as much as I would like us to. I also think he's being stubborn as fuck with his attempts to big boy people, when spreading them out and winning while making them hesitate is where this team can really shine.

Defensively, I hate that we rotate so much. TCU found success on the ground running against guys like Broughton up front. When our DL fails, everything else gets pretty suspect.

Hopefully he learns and grows out of the stubborn stuff, but I'll take 9-1 all fucking day. If he gets the blame for the bad stuff, then he gets credit for the good stuff too.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It's supposed to work despite less than ideal blocking, except Red is starting to dance too much instead of just finding a guy to run through. 

This.  Red just isn't good at that role.  Not even in the same ballpark as Roschon last year.   Need to just scrap it.   

7 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Whats frustrating for me is that we were praising sark early in the season for adjusting at half and having solid 2nd halves. The 3rd and 1 play where QE3 throws it out to cook is so frustrating. You have the lead you have the best back in the country, run the damn ball. 

We can't run the damn ball. How many times have we gotten stuffed on short plays? Stupid call to Cook, stupid take to say "run it" like we would be guaranteed to get it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It wasn’t a great call given the personnel we have on the field. Worthy should be the “key” block for any play.

That said if he literal just puts his body in the way Cook probably finds a yard. 

You’re correct that our inability to succeed in short yardage influences those calls, tremendously.