The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

I can't respond to all the comments. I can reiterate my position one more time. You're justifying the deadly force with all the comments about secret service, secured area, etc. That's a separate argument from whether they used more or less force compared to other protests. Killing someone is a higher level of force than hitting 100 with a baton in my opinion. Fee free to disagree as Hobbes did.

• Fuck You 2

Some retired military are the worst.

If my wife's current husband (Retired Colonel and super Maga) was on fire I wouldn't piss on him.  I take back all the nice shit I said over the years, partly because of his Maga-ness, partly because over the holidays I found out that he's a fucking perv who made inappropriate sexual comments to my daughter starting when she was in 7th grade.

• Rage+1 6

Just now, CDAK said:

I can't respond to all the comments. I can reiterate my position one more time. You're justifying the deadly force with all the comments about secret service, secured area, etc. That's a separate argument from whether they used more or less force compared to other protests. Killing someone is a higher level of force than hitting 100 with a baton in my opinion. Fee free to disagree as Hobbes did.

Yea this is bullshit equivocation and you can fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

what if I told you, they run the rest of the board? Blacklab will put you in time out if you hurt their fee-fees with facty-wacties

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude, he’ll do worse than that too.

I know blacklab personally.  He is a good guy, and he really hates political shit flinging.  There's a place for political discourse, and many of us are able to keep our discussions there.  Some simply can't or won't.  If he's putting you in a time out it's because you can't follow the rules someone bitched to him about it.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

If my wife's current husband (Retired Colonel and super Maga) was on fire I wouldn't piss on him.  I take back all the nice shit I said over the years, partly because of his Maga-ness, partly because over the holidays I found out that he's a fucking perv who made inappropriate sexual comments to my daughter starting when she was in 7th grade.

Wait. What the fucking fuck?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Look, as a former civil rights attorney, I cringe at the “shoot em all!!!” calls here. And reasonable force was my mantra for years. I get Twice.

But as I watched this unfold, I thought there might be twenty or thirty people in the mob with explosives and Uzis under their coats, and we were gonna have a dead or captured Congress.

From a Secret Service prospective, the mob were all prospective terrorists. This was NOT a typical cop on citizen rousting event, but a potential terrorist opportunity to attack/seize congress. That it turned out to be a less accomplished and evil bunch was a fucking miracle.

Any smiling Q-nut could well have been a terrorist trying to lull security before igniting their vest bomb.

Secret Service showed great restraint, IMO

I hit my rep limit, but very solid take here. That's why if it is discovered that there was some sort of planned understaffing or infiltration within the ranks of officers or their command, then the charges should be quite severe--they didn't just endanger the lives of the elected, they put everyone in danger and America at large.

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I know blacklab personally.  He is a good guy, and he really hates political shit flinging.  There's a place for political discourse, and many of us are able to keep our discussions there.  Some simply can't or won't.  If he's putting you in a time out it's because you can't follow the rules someone bitched to him about it.  

Except that entire forum is political. It’s not about shit flinging it’s about a safe space.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Have you considered shooting him in the dick?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Wait. What the fucking fuck?

Yeah, recently found out his nickname for my daughter while she was in high school was "Tits on a stick".

I thought about shooting him, but his current employer is Houston Police Department.  Not worth the trouble.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, CDAK said:

Please. Watch this video and tell me that you wouldn't use deadly force to defend your home if you were in that situation. If you would use deadly force to stop that woman coming into your home, then why isn't the fucking CONSTITUTIONAL LINE OF PRESIDENTIAL SUCCESSION worth using deadly force to defend from an invader?

(warning: death)

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ksgvin/hes_got_a_gun_synced_videos_showing_woman_not/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Except that entire forum is political. It’s not about shit flinging it’s about a safe space.

Sometimes you just have to keep 'em separated.

I'm not gonna put words in his mouth, but at some point I figure he's just throwing up his hands trying to keep it all together here (i.e., in letting the cheeseweasels and chickensandwiches have their own snowglobe).

I never post on DT.

He took a post I made on this board and took to the Help Board and started a new thread with it with my name as the author. It was taken out of context and resulted in me getting threats in my PMs and all kinds of hate.

That’s not something a “good guy” does and it had zero to do with political shit flinging. He was mad he was being called out for his double standards and used his power on this board to set me up to get hate from other users.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Please. Watch this video and tell me that you wouldn't use deadly force to defend your home if you were in that situation. If you would use deadly force to stop that woman coming into your home, then why isn't the fucking CONSTITUTIONAL LINE OF PRESIDENTIAL SUCCESSION worth using deadly force to defend from an invader?

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ksgvin/hes_got_a_gun_synced_videos_showing_woman_not/

He's not really saying that it was wrong to shoot that lady, just that it's ok for cops to beat thousands of black people for peacefully marching.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Yeah, recently found out his nickname for my daughter while she was in high school was "Tits on a stick".

Ummm, you should not let your daughter around that person

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Sometimes you just have to keep 'em separated.

I'm not gonna put words in his mouth, but at some point I figure he's just throwing up his hands trying to keep it all together here (i.e., in letting the cheeseweasels and chickensandwiches have their own snowglobe).

They don’t have to post about politics. No one forced them to come to cloak room, get butt hurt, and takeover a non political forum for their safe space. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No fucking shit. The threat on DT is fucking embarrassing 

Where it (DT) becomes problematic is those that make political posts who are NOT regular commenters in the Cloak Room are hesitant to post in the Cloak Room. If they can't handle the discussion, then perhaps they should stay in the nursery, but actually you know, not make political comments about the discussion.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
What @hobbes2702 said in a subsequent post. Sorry, out of rep.

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I thought about shooting him, but his current employer is Houston Police Department.  Not worth the trouble.

That’s good thinking. You should definitely get someone else to do it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

what if I told you, they run the rest of the board? Blacklab will put you in time out if you hurt their fee-fees with facty-wacties

Your version of the "facts" is often very slanted.  I enjoy dialogue with you.  Not every one is looking for that.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I never post on DT.

He took a post I made on this board and took to the Help Board and started a new thread with it with my name as the author. It was taken out of context and resulted in me getting threats in my PMs and all kinds of hate.

That’s not something a “good guy” does and it had zero to do with political shit flinging. He was mad he was being called out for his double standards and used his power on this board to set me up to get hate from other users.

Well I'm sorry that happened to you.  Also sorry for the thread drift.  Carry on.

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Would need to see more context.  I can imagine seeing the same actions of that police officer if he was telling a couple of his guys, who were being overrun, to fall back.  Note that we cannot see father to the left, where said officers MIGHT be.

Edited by 27-25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

That's fucked up...the nickname.

Sometimes it's better just to be grateful someone shows you that side of themselves so you aren't caught off guard when it counts.

5 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Would need to see more context.  I can imagine seeing the same actions of that police officer if he was telling a couple of his guys, who were being overrun, to fall back.  Note that we cannot see father to the left, where said officers MIGHT be.

Yeah, as soon as the video zoomed in so that we could not see who the cop was motioning to my Spidey-sense started tingling. If he is truly motioning insurgents towards the Capitol, then yeah, fuck him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Not just them. We just had an election where he had 74 million voters. I don't think yesterday changed anything. We want to believe it did. Pelosi thinks it did. It didn't. They likely will win the House in 2022. The people involved in yesterday's insurrection are the frontrunners for their party's nomination in 2024. They will get no less than 47% of the popular vote. One side is preparing for war and the other side is saying that they shouldn't. We need to bring the bazooka to this fight.

If a large group of people storm the US Capitol carrying YOLADU flags and I stay silent and don't condemn it , you can safely assume I endorse it and am pretty pleased it happened.

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

best thing I got out of that thread was the new term "Yall-Qaeda".

Jesus Christ, this country....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fakebusiness said:

It's weird seeing the bootlickers coming out of the wordwork saying that unarmed woman should have been killed.

She shouldn't have. She should have been stopped outside the capitol grounds before she tested the oath of a secret service agent

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fakebusiness said:

It's weird seeing the bootlickers coming out of the wordwork saying that unarmed woman should have been killed.

You aren't gonna find a lot of cop lovers here.  But if your dumbass decides to go drunk bama fan from the top ropes up against an area that the secret service is securing to protect the line of succession during a riot in the capitol, and you get your ass shot in the face, you fucked around and found out.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2