The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Ban all existing cops?  That seems a tad overboard.  

Hopefully, the Chicago FOP will oust this wingnut now that his ludicrous (and factually-inaccurate) comments have seen the light of day.  

They all think this way.

This guy just said it out loud.

Oh, and you think they'll oust him?  You're adorable.  They will stand behind him.

Took a little dive on Parler. Ugh.

Anyway, various pro Trump orgs are calling yesterday's stunt a "seige." Words matter. Makes me wonder if attorneys need to be screen capturing some of the threats and plans because some of these folks aren't hiding a whole lot. Also, how thorough are the security sweeps they do prior to inauguration? People were absolutely crawling all over the inaugural stands being built. I'd go over that with a fine tooth comb.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

FOP is the union. A lot of cops fucking hate them. Just to clarify who’s doing the talking here.

I know what the Fraternal Order of Police is. The fact of the matter is this guy is their president and was presumably elected, so he has a lot of support from his fellow cops.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Aside: I’ve only seen the shooter referred to today as Capitol Police. Where are you getting that he was SS? Just because he was wearing a suit?

Yep.  The U.S. Capitol Police Chief said it was a Capitol police officer who fired the shot. 

he aforementioned "drunk Bama fan" principle still applies, though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Thread of a guy enlisting help to ID individuals and their gear. He claims to have ID'd one of the terrorists as recently retired military and has submitted info to FBI. Spoiler alert: that guy was a Longhorn. It's a scary AF thread because it appears to show that those who attacked the Capitol were basically two groups: 1) gawkers/selfie fools and 2) organized paramilitary intent on taking hostages.

(siap - I haven't been able to keep up this this whole thread)

You know there was a plan. It just hasn't yet succeeded.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Thread of a guy enlisting help to ID individuals and their gear. He claims to have ID'd one of the terrorists as recently retired military and has submitted info to FBI. Spoiler alert: that guy was a Longhorn. It's a scary AF thread because it appears to show that those who attacked the Capitol were basically two groups: 1) gawkers/selfie fools and 2) organized paramilitary intent on taking hostages.

(siap - I haven't been able to keep up this this whole thread)

Yes.  It was an organized and planned terrorist attack.

The only reason it didn't end worse is because they evacuated the Congresscritters and Senators and staff.  Had any remained around, they would have come to serious harm.  Not only is there no question, there is a huge body of evidence in the form of 1) STATED FUCKING INTENT TO DO JUST THAT, and 2) THEY BROUGHT THE FUCKING TOOLS WITH THEM TO DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO.

Jesus fucking Christ, this isn't complex police work.  "Hey, I'm going down to the Capitol to nab Congresscritters, try them for crimes against the country, and summarily execute them.  And I'm bringing my ziptie handcuffs and firearms with me to do it.  Look, see - here they are."  It's functionally a goddamned written confession.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CDAK said:

I can't respond to all the comments. I can reiterate my position one more time. You're justifying the deadly force with all the comments about secret service, secured area, etc. That's a separate argument from whether they used more or less force compared to other protests. Killing someone is a higher level of force than hitting 100 with a baton in my opinion. Fee free to disagree as Hobbes did.

Clubbing 100 innocent people is worse than shooting and killing one dumb radicalized terrorist bitch who tried to overthrow our government.  I am sorry you are too stupid to see the difference Tahoe.  

• Hook 'Em 8

57 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Just a poor rural man trying to scratch out a living.

Is this the guy that tased himself and then had a heart attack?   I know I shouldn't laugh, but I'm sorry, the fat revolutionary tasing himself just feels like an Americanized Monty Python sketch to me.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

They all think this way.

This guy just said it out loud.

Oh, and you think they'll oust him?  You're adorable.  They will stand behind him.

Not in my experience, they don't.  While LEOs typically fall solidly on the conservative side of the political spectrum, they're not all wingnuts like that guy.  Some certainly are, but many aren't.  So it's unfair to paint with such a broad brush.  Like you, I'm aghast that the leader of such a sizable police union could be such bulletheaded wingnut, but it's just wrong to ascribe those same beliefs to all cops.  

Also, I didn't say the FOP would oust him -- I said I hope it does.  I don't know what their union protocols prescribe in terms of a process to relieve reps of their power, so I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be.  So it's certainly possible that he'll stay in his position, but I'm confident that there are a lot of members who don't agree with that guy.  

favorite thing about his post is it reminded me to go watch one of my all time favorite videos on youtube.  i love this video to no end.  only thing that would make it better would be to find out it was [mention=332]Bama Chick[/mention].

I’m a brunette.

And I have better form.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Is this the guy that tased himself and then had a heart attack?   I know I shouldn't laugh, but I'm sorry, the fat revolutionary tasing himself just feels like an Americanized Monty Python sketch to me.

I've got a feeling that detail will be left out of all the obituaries.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What that doesn't answer is....what side was he on?

And....I'm kinda serious with the question.  Was he resisting the terrorists, or in the act of aiding and abetting them?  This is....actually a real question....that has to be asked.  What a fucking hideous goddamned timeline.

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I got a pretty good idea why,,,

Yep.

I'm sorry, I really hate to even PONDER a way of thinking that in any way mirrors "conspiracy theory" thinking, but too many fucking pieces are falling into place that paint a picture of law enforcement collusion and facilitation of this terrorist attack.

If the report of off-duty cops and military taking part in the assault are true.....we are in some serious motherfucking trouble.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Just in case, if anybody wanted to know what I look like. This is me minus 30lbs with a little less facial hair.  I am a little freaked out now. Also, it's my birthday.

Something tells me they don't call you Tits on a Stick

Edited by SaucyJack
whoops, maybe they do!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep.
I'm sorry, I really hate to even PONDER a way of thinking that in any way mirrors "conspiracy theory" thinking, but too many fucking pieces are falling into place that paint a picture of law enforcement collusion and facilitation of this terrorist attack.
If the report of off-duty cops and military taking part in the assault are true.....we are in some serious motherfucking trouble.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by dumbassedness.
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Caught a 3-day probe from the Ag site for posting this Tweet as an example of how not-scary MAGA PATRIOTS are.

lol good riddance idiot

Yeah that's the thing about a civil war. The MAGA army is going to be a majority of old fat people.

She requested National Guard help from the Pentagon on Dec. 31, but the Capitol Police turned down the Jan. 3 offer from the Defense Department"

Hard to keep track of all the NG requests, denials, grants etc. over the summer through today. 

This is saying that the DC mayor requested NG, it was granted, and the DC CP turned it down?

Warming up the tinfoil. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by dumbassedness.

When the layers of presumed dumbassery get to looking like this....

24-Layers-Chocolate-Cake-featured.jpg

....then it's a good idea to consider malice as a possibility.

And, you know, when cops openly come out and speak in support of the terrorist assault, that's a pretty strong tell.

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

When the layers of presumed dumbassery get to looking like this....

24-Layers-Chocolate-Cake-featured.jpg

....then it's a good idea to consider malice as a possibility.

And, you know, when cops openly come out and speak in support of the terrorist assault, that's a pretty strong tell.

Dammit,  now I want a piece of chocolate cake.  You will pay for posting that pic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

and @TwiceHorn

That woman getting shot was her fault.

• She traveled from California with the intent to cause civil unrest.
  • She crossed a barricade to keep people out of the Capitol Grounds.
  • She crossed the threshold of the steps and another barricade outside the building.
  • She illegally entered the building through a locked door or broken window.
  • She pushed her way past guards in the building.
  • She attempted to get to the chambers where at least the top 3 in line of succession (Pence, Pelosi, Grassley) and the next VP were.  
  • This was an attempt to follow through on the threats in Michigan to capture the political leadership, hold them hostage, put on a mock trial and potentially execute them (symbolized by the gallows outside).
  • If anything, the capitol police and secret service did not shoot soon enough.  Sure they showed great restraint, but should they have?  One shot means that guy was a pro at his job. 
  • Even then there was minimal loss of life only because the rioters/terrorists paused when the first one was shot long enough for the leaders to evacuate. Not because they realized they were wrong.
  • Because of this I think her death was necessary to prevent further loss of life and buy time for the evacuation.

The charges need to go beyond the illegal entry and destruction of property to include sedition, treason, domestic terrorism, they should also have the charges amplified (Need right legal word) for someone dying in the act of committing those crimes.  Those with firearms should face the potential for capital punishment.

No half-measures or they will be emboldened.  Trump said it himself, you have to show them strength. Use Trumps order on protecting federal buildings and get the 10 year felony convictions.  No voting, no gun ownership, add them to federal domestic terrorist watch list, no government jobs or contracts.  Make them examples and personae non-grata.

That's a better analysis than most.

Because most analysis around here I think was "Trumpkin=traitor/treason=summary death penalty."

I'm no fan of Trump or Trumpkins, so those accusations are fucking absurd.

I agree that their actions were traitorous.

My first impression was that she was shot mostly at random, most especially when I thought it was the dude with the M4.  I still have a nagging feeling that one of the armed types, with flexcuffs and shit was probably a better candidate for the summary death penalty.

I agree that more force should have been used with them, short of deadly force.  Gas, riot batons, asps, bring it on.

I'm never going to be satisfied with the "kill all Trumpkins, let God sort em out" sentiment that permeates this thread.

Sorry if that offends someone.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1