The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

His cult following doesn’t hear a concession in that speech and they aren’t going to trust a chyron on “fake” cable news.  

He knows what he’s doing. 

I think you’re wrong here. He threw them all under the bus. I bet you parler is losing its shit right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Curious bit of trivia I've picked up studying the Electoral Count Act, copies are transmitted to the National Archivist, to the Senate, and to the state Secretary of State.  

Another copy is to be transmitted to the district judge in the state capital.

So it looks like those contingencies would have been covered.

Yes, taking the physical certificates would not have actually stopped anything. But it would surely delay things, so it would be directly interfering in the operations of the government, so it still sounds like sedition to me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

His cult following doesn’t hear a concession in that speech and they aren’t going to trust a chyron on “fake” cable news.  

He knows what he’s doing. 

Oh I will agree this does nothing to change them, it's petty, it's vindictive, it's childish on my part....I want his face rubbed in it by the television he so cherishes watching.  

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

We don't actually need to glimpse that "alternate universe", we already know. Twice in the last twenty years Democratic presidential candidates were denied the presidency despite winning the popular vote. Both times many citizens openly questioned the integrity of those respective elections. Did you see those angry libs try to stage a coup?

I think that a trump win would have resulted in  mass protests. The likelihood that they would have resulted in storming the capitol during joint session are substantially lower, primarily cause I think that the cops wouldn’t have opened the gates, but that probability is non zero. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that a trump win would have resulted in  mass protests. The likelihood that they would have resulted in storming the capitol during joint session are substantially lower, primarily cause I think that the cops wouldn’t have opened the gates, but that probability is non zero. 

Cool, now do "Republican President Loses Presidency Despite Winning The Popular Vote."

Your side is full of authoritarian fetishists who are fundamentally violent when they don't get their way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Trump Concedes.....fuck you too late for this shit cunthair

1. Those camera cuts were to edit out the worst of his freelancing bullshit.

2. He acknowledged the vote was certified and the Biden inauguration is inevitable

3. He never conceded

4. He said we will carry on the fight

5. He never said Biden's name

Worst sore loser ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Imagine this fuckstain saying all this in April 

Who ever wrote and edited that would have sealed re election for him penning something in march/april, esp if they mixed in a consistent message of mask wearing and social distancing. 

And there would be massive protests in the streets right now. 

Edited by Anastasis
edit!
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Cool, now do "Republican President Loses Presidency Despite Winning The Popular Vote."

Your side is full of authoritarian fetishists who are fundamentally violent when they don't get their way.

Are you actually suggesting that Trump's re-election would not have set off major unrest? Cause I am going to disagree with that.  Again, I don't think it rises to rushing the capitol, but there would have been some shit. 

• Fuck You 1

That video is strictly in response to the new threat that he could be impeached and convicted and unable to run again in 2024.

The second time runs out and the inauguration is complete, he'll start campaigning for the next election and will do even more damage. 

Gotta make that an impossibility by moving forward with impeachment. Pence would probably immediately pardon him, but I would rather end his political career for good than deal with him firing up the campaign grift again. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I legitimately could not be more surprised 

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

literally all it took was twitter suspending his account for a few hours. fuck you twitter.

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You know he had his fingers crossed out of view behind the front of the podium during all of this.  

He did not concede.  He acknowledged that there would be a new administration

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

That video is strictly in response to the new threat that he could be impeached and convicted and unable to run again in 2024.

The second time runs out and the inauguration is complete, he'll start campaigning for the next election and will do even more damage. 

Gotta make that an impossibility by moving forward with impeachment. Pence would probably immediately pardon him, but I would rather end his political career for good than deal with him firing up the campaign grift again. 

All of this. It's a hostage video. 

21 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Yes, taking the physical certificates would not have actually stopped anything. But it would surely delay things, so it would be directly interfering in the operations of the government, so it still sounds like sedition to me.

I'm not saying that it absolves anything.  It's just not as big a deal as it might seem.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He makes the list.  Right now, my list of people that should be charged with treason are as follows:

Trump

Cruz

Hawley

Gaetz

Mo Brooks

Kevin McCarthy

Rudy G.

These folks should all be charged and tried for treason.  

Go for all of them at state and federal levels.  This investigation needs to treat this as seriously as we did the Red Scare.   If there's nothing there on any of them, clear them and move on.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

They bailed because they know now they'll never sell enough books to cover the first printing. Already taking the advance as a loss.

33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That crowd was littered with LEOs from all over the country.

We know it wasn't full of healthcare workers.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1