The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m not so sure this time. He looked scared shitless. Even his handful of almost “presidential” statements included some off the cuff bluster. This was straight teleprompter, like a hostage video. Something serious went down. My biggest fear is that whatever happened included protection if he just goes the fuck away. A one time get out of jail free card if you just concede and go away forever.

At that moment this is probably true.  But give him a day or two with his sycophant family.  His treacherous wheels will start turning again.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

People who don't know how to use Word?

And hell, Amazon has a cover creator.  I don't know why I bother with Scrivener or Ulysses/Vellum/Photoshop anymore.  He could literally have his secretary/admin put out his book tonight.

But no, he's got to rage against Big Publishing

And ironically, Simon & Schuster would sell his book through Amazon, give him 30% royalties (or less), while he could self-publish and get up to 70%.

Hawley is claiming that Simon & Schuster is violating the first amendment?

Wasnt he a Supreme Court Clerk?

If so doesn’t that make him a complete lying sack of shit?

Put him in the trump cell wing.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’m not so sure this time. He looked scared shitless. Even his handful of almost “presidential” statements included some off the cuff bluster. This was straight teleprompter, like a hostage video. Something serious went down. My biggest fear is that whatever happened included protection if he just goes the fuck away. A one time get out of jail free card if you just concede and go away forever.

lol I don't think so but it would be awesome. 

This guy is straight fuckin' regarded. He locked himself in the office and rage tweeted as the capitol was being desecrated. He IS FUCKED up. There is no way someone scared him straight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

And hell, Amazon has a cover creator.  I don't know why I bother with Scrivener or Ulysses/Vellum/Photoshop anymore.  He could literally have his secretary/admin put out his book tonight.

And ironically, Simon & Schuster would sell his book through Amazon, give him 30% royalties (or less), while he could self-publish and get up to 70%.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The profit from a lot of "political books" comes from the party and related organization purchases.  Self-publishing might actually be a good deal for that.  Otherwise, I suppose the promotion that comes from a publishing house might be worthwhile.

• Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

This guy is straight fuckin' regarded. He locked himself in the office and rage tweeted as the capitol was being desecrated. He IS FUCKED up. There is no way someone scared him straight. 

Someone standing off camera who told him he was doing this video, or Pence was invoking the 25th this evening might have had something to do with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He knows better. He thinks his voters are stupid. I think that’s worse, actually 

What do you mean thinks? He knows they are stupid 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I wouldn’t say scared straight, but scared shitless. Maybe some rich republican has the pee tape and is pissed now that trump caused them to lose the senate in Georgia. I’m probably wrong, but this time feels different. He’s not capable of “seeing the light” but he understands blackmail just fine and I think maybe someone has his nuts in the blender.

• Like 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

The profit from a lot of "political books" comes from the party and related organization purchases.  Self-publishing might actually be a good deal for that.  Otherwise, I suppose the promotion that comes from a publishing house might be worthwhile.

Yep, and Amazon has a fairly polished print-on-demand setup.   He's already got the name, so the promotion is pointless (especially since it would come out of revenue that would otherwise go to him).

Just now, 'stache said:

I wouldn’t say scared straight, but scared shitless. Maybe some rich republican has the pee tape and is pissed now that trump caused them to lose the senate in Georgia. I’m probably wrong, but this time feels different. He’s not capable of “seeing the light” but he understands blackmail just fine and I think maybe someone has his nuts in the blender.

You think Putin called?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Trump is costing corporate America and the billionaires that control this country billions of dollars in the next 4 years. His coup attempt would cost them billions more. They are tightening the leash in ways even pea brain trump understands. 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You're probably right.  He's trying to tell people that it's a 1st Amendment issue.

Motherfucker could self-publish it tonight, and have millions in royalties coming in March.

I think as far as money he already had that advance spent, but that his little fascist brat mind flipped that he wasn't going to get big physical books, hardcovers, trade paperbacks, piles of them on the front tables of Books a Million or whatever mall store still exists in his head. And book signings. Book signings! You must have a ponderous physical object to sign, while hobnobbing with realtor fans who dress up as Betsy Ross in a low-cut dress.

Now, vanity publishing a physical book, I could see him sinking lobbyist bribes into that. Then requiring/gifting/begging people to take them. It'd still make him somebody. It's all on the back of your dollar bill and/or in Foucault's Pendulum.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lol I fucking told y’all these are all dipshit small business tyrants.

Welp, old Jenny appears to have been driven out of business.  Email contact page is broken, Linkein profile is dark, phone calls go to robo-voicemail.  What a cryin' fucking shame.

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"The son of Korean immigrant parents, he became the first Asian American to represent New Jersey in Congress after he was elected in 2018.

On Thursday, he reflected on how he, a person of color, was cleaning up after people who waved white supremacist symbols like the Confederate flag during the melee. He said he hadn’t considered race at the time."

Wait, do I get to claim to be a person of color now? That's news to me. 

8 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Playing Gloria in the background is the chef's kiss

Hmmmm, must be knocking his jaw around like that because of the cherry blossom allergies this time of year.  But yeah, let's talk about Hunter.  

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

They took advantage of literal mentally handicap people. 

This is my sense as well. Mental illness manipulated to serve an end. By a mentally ill President. The Republican Congress’ continued enabling of Trump Is where a lionshare of culpability lies. This was a reasonably foreseeable outcome.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What was the price of that trump video?

did we leverage the 25th against him?

did we make promises of no investigation/indictments?

Pardon from Biden?

All it took was the realization that his mic might get turned off. It was the Twitter timeout. That’s it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Playing Gloria in the background is the chef's kiss

I kept waiting for the Federal agents to surround the whole tent and arrest every single one of these motherfuckers.  All of them watching it like it was the New Year's ball drop.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Very confused as to why this isn't happening.

Read somewhere that Congress is in recess since they certified the vote and managed to escape the Capitol with their lives, and that moving forward with articles of impeachment would require the House to reconvene.  So that's one likely obstacle/cause of delay.