The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

No, it's pretty straightforward. The Super Patriot "USA!USA!USA! Law and Order types have bashed the left as violent crazies as long as I can remember yet we have example after example after example of the violent terrorist streak that runs through the core of the GOP and its lunatic supporters. What I'm asking is for you to stop this bullshit false equivalence where it all evens out, because we know for a fact that it doesn't. You support a party that does not respect democracy and never really has, a party that can only win national elections because of gerrymandering and the electoral college. Now the virulent authoritarianism of your party has culminated in one of the most egregious events in our lifetimes. 

So, what I'm asking is for you to stop making up imagined bullshit about the left and accept what you goopers have sown. But if you want to imagine, ask yourself what would happen in the streets of America if a GOP candidate was to actually win the popular vote but lose the electoral college and be denied the presidency. How do you think your MAGAt comrades would respond to that?

This all started with a post where he not only accepted it, he was pushing back against TwiceHorn’s oversimplification that the sentiment in the thread was “Trump supporters deserve to die.” His whole point was that the conduct itself was beyond the pale, and that even if it weren’t Trump supporters, everyone would decry it.

If it weren’t @Anastasis, it wouldn’t have even raised any sort of response.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

This all started with a post where he not only accepted it, he was pushing back against TwiceHorn’s oversimplification that the sentiment in the thread was “Trump supporters deserve to die.” His whole point was that the conduct itself was beyond the pale, and that even if it weren’t Trump supporters, everyone would decry it.

If it weren’t @Anastasis, it wouldn’t have even raised any sort of response.

It rare the man who can follow the thread of CR discussion without resorting to straw men and misrepresentation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CDAK said:

I'm not trolling or posting in bad faith. I think bullets are a higher level of force than batons, tear gas, pepper spray, etc. Killing a person with a bullet is a higher level of force than pepper spraying 1,000 people - at least to me. Did the woman killed have a gun or any type of weapon? 

The police can protect federal buildings without shooting and killing people. Protestors in Portland tried to enter a federal building day after day. Shockingly, the police didn't have to kill any of them (again, please correct me if I'm wrong about that).

[I don't know why you moved the post as I just disagreed with a take of yours on the other thread. I quoted you and disagreed. But you're moving the thread because I want to talk politics?]

Bullet are a higher level of force than batons.

Got it. 

Did the protestors in Portland actually enter the buildings? Because I just saw 1000 shithead trump supporters take over the Capitol.

The trump supporters are damn lucky they were white and only one of them got shot. If they had been black there would have been 100s dead. fortunately black people are not as stupid as trump supporters and have the white privilege of ransacking the nation’s Capitol with very little consequence so far. 

What is your point. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

He’s just a self important asshole. 

And clearly plays more role than Joe S in Trump election. Although maybe if you wanted to roll up the culpability of all media it might get close.  Really need to pile on the collective response to the dysfunction of our political apparatus to get us over the top. 

You know what's orwellian? A governmental official threatening a private entity--which has a constitutional right to free speech, see Citizens United--for not publishing what he wants published, and having the temerity to claim that it is they who are violating the First Amendment.

This guy clerked for a Supreme Court justice? JFC.

If it weren’t [mention=179]Anastasis[/mention], it wouldn’t have even raised any sort of response.
Fair enough but in my defense.... can't a man just have his soapbox?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They should be invoking the 25th instead of resign.  Cowards. 

Of course they should.  But you answered it yourself - they're cowards and they know they'd be marked for the rest of their lives if they nutted up and did anything about Trump.  

It's why impeachment needs to happen immediately.  Tonight.  As soon as Pence said he wasn't into the 25th, they should've had the articles on the floor of the House.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Gourmand said:
11 minutes ago, formermav43 said:
If it weren’t [mention=179]Anastasis[/mention], it wouldn’t have even raised any sort of response.

Fair enough but in my defense.... can't a man just have his soapbox?

I’ll allow it, especially since you took it better than Bullneck. It’s natural to see a “both sides” type post and not realize he’s pulled a bizarro head fake. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Don't let him fool you; that was scripted teleprompter Trump. He'll be contradicting himself within hours.

Well no shit it was teleprompter. Trump couldn't write those sentences if he tried. Still surprised he even said that much. 

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It's why impeachment needs to happen immediately.  Tonight.  As soon as Pence said he wasn't into the 25th, they should've had the articles on the floor of the House.

Maybe 20 pages ago I suggested that the ultimatum needed to be resign by the morning or get your ass 25th. If the cabinet is going to bitch out and mass resign, house should do what they need to do and the Senate should do what they need to do.  Once again, put motherfuckers on record.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Eat shit, Skinny Fancy Ted Cruz.

Hawley could take the manuscript, make sure it's in a Word document, cobble together a cover, and upload it to Amazon's Kindle Desktop Publishing program tonight, and in the morning, maybe sooner, people would be able to purchase the ebook version, as well as a print-on-demand version.  As long as he doesn't have a lot of images, he will have to do very little editing to have it ready.

But he's going to rage that nobody will publish his book.

And ironically, he'd get much more royalties-wise by self-publishing through Amazon.com, than he would through Simon and Schuster or whoever.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

A PRIVATE BUSINESS IS OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE ME WITH A PLATFORM FOR MY STUPID ASS VIEWS!!!!

Professor of ConLaw.  No shit.  I guess this further implicates the public university system from which I received my bachelor's degree.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hawley could take the manuscript, make sure it's in a Word document, cobble together a cover, and upload it to Amazon's Kindle Desktop Publishing program tonight, and in the morning, maybe sooner, people would be able to purchase the ebook version, as well as a print-on-demand version.  As long as he doesn't have a lot of images, he will have to do very little editing to have it ready.

And ironically, he'd get much more royalties-wise by self-publishing through Amazon.com, than he would through Simon and Schuster or whoever.

seriously who doesn't know how to put out a book these days!

• Haha 1

Lot of rep to all of you; been some good after dinner catching up.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Hey, asshole--the purpose of the Capitol breach wasn't to vandalize property.  If they were just trying to cart off the Speaker's podium or trash her office, maybe I'd agree with you.  But they weren't doing that.

Their purpose in entering the Capitol was to carry out a putsch.  Don't take my word for it--take that of Elizabeth from Knoxville or any number of other assholes who are on social media.

They wouldn't have stormed the Capitol if it were empty, as the protesters tried to do with the courthouse in Portland.  They stormed the Capitol precisely because it was full with both houses of Congress sitting in joint session and being presided over by the Vice President.  Their goal was to prevent that joint session of Congress from counting the electoral votes, which they accomplished, even if it was just for a few hours?

Why?  What is accomplished if they prevent the electoral votes from being counted?

They honestly thought--because the were basically told this by Donald Trump and any number of his acolytes--that if they could prevent the electoral votes from being counted, then the person who was elected president in a free and fair election conducted according to constitutional processes would be prevented from taking office.  That would allow Trump to remain in office, even though he lost the election.  Presumably, he would remain in office indefinitely.  That's definitely what Trump has offered in the past.

So let's get that real fucking straight.  Their crime wasn't vandalism.  Their crime wasn't theft.  Their crime was attempting to overthrow the government of the United States.  And yeah--putschists get shot.

Print this out. Stick it in one of your memory boxes to pull out and read some time in the future.  Very well said.

1 hour ago, Mango4 said:

Did you come across the people that said the shooting yesterday was fake and it was crisis actors the entire time? Because I sure did.

Some, but I was mostly reading some America First member accounts. They are a concern esp growing on college campuses.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s ok they think I’m your sock anyway.

Okay, now this was funny.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not anymore he's not.

In other words, next Medal of Freedom honoree?

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I can’t wait to find out twenty years from now who threatened him with what to get this. This is a man with a gun to his head.

The CEOs said 'no more grifting from us, pal.' And also those folks that said he's upset because no twitter.

37 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

One example in the thread, from The Donald:

You know, for an antifascist, Steph seems a little fashy don't you think? And this bag they were left holding? Can she describe it? Is it like the ones we were talking about a few weeks ago when the thread derailed over purses and manbags?

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hawley could take the manuscript, make sure it's in a Word document, cobble together a cover, and upload it to Amazon's Kindle Desktop Publishing program tonight, and in the morning, maybe sooner, people would be able to purchase the ebook version, as well as a print-on-demand version.

Every body on here needs to paste together 60,000 words of gibberish and publish it online as Josh Hawlley. You'll be taking sales from Josh and swindling Qzoids in one fell swoop.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That cop who died had been hit in the head with a fire extinguisher and was taken off life support. Hopefully, they'll have security footage that will identify the murderer. Does this open up the rest of the capitol attackers up to additional charges?

Moreover, the capitol cops who allowed them in and consorted with them had better face the most severe legal consequences possible for their complicity and/or dereliction of duty.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That cop who died had been hit in the head with a fire extinguisher and was taken off life support. Hopefully, they'll have security footage that will identify the murderer. Does this open up the rest of the capitol attackers up to additional charges?

Moreover, the capitol cops who allowed them in and consorted with them had better face the most severe legal consequences possible for their complicity and/or dereliction of duty.

Just heard on MSNBC he's actually still alive and in ICU. 

On a positive note, the bullshit yesterday has turned my trumpkin parents against Trump.  They actually told me they think he should be removed.  The last 3.9 years were still nothing but winning, so there’s obviously some work left to be done, but they believe he lost his mind this week.  I’ll take what I can get.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, immamac said:

seriously who doesn't know how to put out a book these days!

People who don't know how to use Word?

And hell, Amazon has a cover creator.  I don't know why I bother with Scrivener or Ulysses/Vellum/Photoshop anymore.  He could literally have his secretary/admin put out his book tonight.

But no, he's got to rage against Big Publishing

And ironically, Simon & Schuster would sell his book through Amazon, give him 30% royalties (or less), while he could self-publish and get up to 70%.

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Felony murder, ftw.

Neither the DC Code ("state") nor the federal murder statute have that broad a felony murder rule.

While unintentional homicides can become murder if they occur in the course of specified felonies, people that didn't actually cause a death can't be charged with murder (the common-law felony murder rule).

People might could be charged with accessory or aiding and abetting, but not with murder per se.

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm guessing it was ghostwritten, and Hawley doesn't even have a copy of the manuscript.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Every body on here needs to paste together 60,000 words of gibberish and publish it online as Josh Hawlley. You'll be taking sales from Josh and swindling Qzoids in one fell swoop.

That's around 175 pages, which is way too long for a lot of the Q books on Amazon.

Unless you mean take that 60,000 words and break it into two 30,000-word books.  Then you're onto something.  It's all about volume.

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Don't let him fool you; that was scripted teleprompter Trump. He'll be contradicting himself within hours.

I’m not so sure this time. He looked scared shitless. Even his handful of almost “presidential” statements included some off the cuff bluster. This was straight teleprompter, like a hostage video. Something serious went down. My biggest fear is that whatever happened included protection if he just goes the fuck away. A one time get out of jail free card if you just concede and go away forever.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm guessing it was ghostwritten, and Hawley doesn't even have a copy of the manuscript.

You're probably right.  He's trying to tell people that it's a 1st Amendment issue.

Motherfucker could self-publish it tonight, and have millions in royalties coming in March.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's around 175 pages, which is way too long for a lot of the Q books on Amazon.

Unless you mean take that 60,000 words and break it into two 30,000-word books.  Then you're onto something.  It's all about volume.

You could put 30 pages of connect the dots swastika drawings in the middle of the book to cut down on the writing and to increase sales. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Very confused as to why this isn't happening.

One of you all brought this up earlier asking why aren't they messaging messaging messaging. Is it a safety concern? I mean the GOP had a bit of an advantage due to being the perpetrators and the plotters, but they had the message out pretty quick on a fronts and ready to go from multiple angles: from the "Antifascists did this " onward.

I know they've got some quick thinkers, put them to work. The only thing it makes me wonder is if the intel is so poor due to obstruction that they have to make every move very carefully so as to risk exposure? (not COVID, but attempts of harm)