The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Yeah.  
That has to be the answer.  It's the symbolism of the building or the office, rather than the shitheads occupying them.

Uh also 536 of the most important 550 or so people in government were in the building, including numbers one, two, and three in the line of succession (pretty important consideration when discussing, you know, an attack on the government). Bit of a National security risk there.

Even just pragmatically yes. Armed violent mobs should not be able to easily overtake our government and murder our elected officials. Murdering elected officials is an assault on our democracy and goes well beyond plain murder or protesting.
Yesterday set a dangerous precedent far worse than killing a few of these treasonous loons after they broke into the seat of our government.

I say this as someone whose anti death penalty, anti war, pro gun restriction and wary of all cops.

I don’t even think patrol cops should carry guns and I do not see how this is not a plainly obvious conclusion.
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I have not seen my Trumper MIL this week but she used to show my wife and I Trump's signature as an example of great leadership. "Look how he signs things, it's incredible."

Methinks she is probably in that 52% group.

You know that was her subtle dig at you, right?  "Why can't your signing pen be more incredible?"  

there is going to be a ton of unwiring and rewiring of brains required to get us through this, for a very long time. fuck you, GOP, for poisoning this nation's collective mind for so long.

But it won’t happen. Were past the point of no return. As a bonus, these people do tend to breed a lot more. Idiocracy was a documentary, even if it was too positive.
  • Rage+1 1

Fascist antifa? So fascist anti-fascist?
Got it.

As one of Mo Brooks’s unfortunate constituents, let me let you in on a secret.

Mo Brooks is legitimately mentally handicapped.

He has absolutely no clue what the “FA” in Antifa stands for.

The man’s a bootleg Foghorn Leghorn muppet with barbecue for brains.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

My cousin has a daughter that's about to turn two in a couple of months. Saw her yesterday as I went by to drop off some supplies and I just said "poor girl, I can't even imagine the shithole America you're going to have to deal with when you're my age"

So you're 16? That actually makes a boatload of sense when you think about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Rep Swalwell on MSNBC:

- he’s already hearing this group might have plans for Inauguration Day 

- the terrorists easily found rooms/offices that even he has trouble finding as a congressman.

Oh I do 100% believe some of the traitors in Congress provided info. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Rep Swalwell on MSNBC:

- he’s already hearing this group might have plans for Inauguration Day 

- the terrorists easily found rooms/offices that even he has trouble finding as a congressman.

Just cancel the inauguration.  It's a show that doesn't make a shit.  

Swear in Biden and let him get to work.  

And of course they found all the rooms, they're were a thousand of them just random wondering through. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Just cancel the inauguration.  It's a show that doesn't make a shit.  

Swear in Biden and let him get to work.  

And of course they found all the rooms, they're were a thousand of them just random wondering through. 

Hell no.  You don't yield to terrorists. You hold the inauguration and you secure it properly.  It is a show, but shows do make a shit.  You arrest as many terrorists as you can before the inauguration, and you arrest or kill the ones that show up during the inauguration by greeting them with overwhelming force.  The mall cops from yesterday can sit this one out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

If you take all of the what might have happened and the motivation guessing and just use facts, here’s what took place yesterday:

a group of people numbering in the thousands openly planned a gathering, mostly on social media, to take place on 1/6 in opposition to the confirmation of the electoral college votes. People made plans and made t shirts about it up to and including calling it civil war.  They made their way to DC, many of them loudly trumpeting their intentions while on airplanes. They gathered on 1/6, some with firearms, some with body armor, some with zip ties, they assembled in the area orchestrated and participated in a rally in which many people including the president spoke to them. Then they walked to the Capitol and forced their way in and took complete control of the building without anyone firing a shot in defense. They looted, they vandalized, one person was shot and killed trying to gain entrance to the house chamber despite the door being closed, locked, and barricaded and armed security pointing weapons at the door and giving verbal warnings. 
They took pictures with the cops who were supposed to be defending the building.  They live-streamed themselves. Then over the course of some hours they were asked to leave and they slowly and eventually made their way out of the building. 

many of them bragged on social media about it, some even were interviewed about it  

and some people think this, or parts of it, are no big deal.   There’s been equivocation, there’s been downplaying, there’s been lying. 

now they are promising more on or before the inauguration.  We need to believe them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

My cousin has a daughter that's about to turn two in a couple of months. Saw her yesterday as I went by to drop off some supplies and I just said "poor girl, I can't even imagine the shithole America you're going to have to deal with when you're my age"

GOT DAMMIT just STFU Bob. Your lectures here are almost as annoying as the football board. Like the fucking UK is some enlightened utopia. Keep your dumb fucking thoughts away from that impressionable 2 year old and she'll be just fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Honestly never met an Antifa person but have met plenty of nutjob MAGA people.

You would think 30% of the US is Antifa if you read conservative Twitter.

There's no real "antifa" group or organization. I work with people who would likely qualify as antifa, at least in the eyes of most. One has a poster of richard spencer getting punched in the face above his desk. these guys spend their free time going to homeless sweeps and yelling at cops, and showing up to yell at proud boys and alt-right when they march in our area. they are genuinely concerned with the plight of the poor and downtrodden. Would they get violent if provoked? Yes, but I don't consider them violent.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

GOT DAMMIT just STFU Bob. Your lectures here are almost as annoying as the football board. Like the fucking UK is some enlightened utopia. Keep your dumb fucking thoughts away from that impressionable 2 year old and she'll be just fine.

Funny I'm from the UK and yet you're the traitor to America and supporting fascism and an overthrow of the government. You need to find some mirrors and start looking in them

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Hell no.  You don't yield to terrorists. You hold the inauguration and you secure it properly.  It is a show, but shows do make a shit.  You arrest as many terrorists as you can before the inauguration, and you arrest or kill the ones that show up during the inauguration by greeting them with overwhelming force.  The mall cops from yesterday can sit this one out.

I agree.

The last thing Biden said yesterday when he left the podium was that he's not afraid. 

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Has this been posted yet? 🤦‍♂️

So they knew the mean antifa people where planning to infiltrate the Trump rally and storm the Capitol, yet they did nothing to beef up security or plan for quick reinforcements should said scenario actually happen. Sounds pretty thin. 

• Hook 'Em 1