The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

25 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Guns pointed at you and you still keep pushing?  This belongs in that "play stupid games" category.  I guess right up to the point of death some folks still think they are invincible.  All you had to do was walk away and go yell somewhere else.  "Death cult" is apt.

Yeah, to me it was unfortunate but inevitable.  Actions---> Consequences.  

Crazy, but not everyone feels that way.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3174150

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Twice, I hate to join the pile-on here bud, but just think about how mob mentality works.

Even the most tepid of these people reads "BLOOD OF TYRANTS WATERS THE TREE OF LIBERTY!" crap all day. That seeps in, and once the mob around them starts acting they aren't going to be independently withdrawn from it. They're followers. That's all mobs have EVER been.

Spot on.

Female so perhaps sensitive to this, but nothing pinged the 'am I in trouble' radar quite like passing by/or being passed by a group of guys if I was training/running alone. It is an opportunity for one (or more) males to display power to the peers he is with. Most of the time you just hear a few catcalls and off color stuff from a distance, absolutely never respond, and keep going and move on.

But. Sometimes you get a little one upmanship going on between the group or one guy wants to take it too far in showing off and if there is not enough "umm, hey, this isn't a good idea, man" then you have a car of young men chasing a young woman on foot (pre cell phone days) and her trying to figure out the best way to get away.

That was a male example, but females are in mobs, too.

Mobs can get nasty in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

To compare this with the Civil War is so incredibly insane.  There was no possibility whatsoever that the conspiracy theorists and other idiots who "stormed the Capitol" were going to seriously impair the functioning of the federal government much less overthrow it.  These people are simply idiots and the most surprising thing about the episode was how ill equipped the DC police were to control the crowds.  Had they done their jobs nothing would have happened.

I don't know man. You don't think if they had gotten to Kamala, Pelosi, Schumer, Pence, etc and murdered them that it wouldn't impair the government? Or if they'd gotten their hands on all the ballots and destroyed them? Sure, none of that permanently ends the government, but it would certainly impair it for a while. Not to mention what opportunities that might present to other governments while we're trying to pick up the pieces. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

My only real contact with a Trumper is my father in law and he's a decent person. 

If the phrase "decent person" means anything, after all Trump had said and done (even before yesterday), no one who supports Trump in any way is within a lightyear of being a decent person. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yikes.  Christ.

Still have a nagging belief that that shooting was unwarranted.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? It was a last line of defense between an angry mob trying to overthrow the government and the VP and VP-elect along with virtually every member of Congress.

What. The Fuck.

40 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I feel a tiny bit for the fact that she was radicalized in the first place, because I've been worried about family being similarly radicalized. I do believe she and most of the morons in that mob would've giddily participated in executions of Pelosi, Schumer, et al if they could've gotten their hands on them, so I think shooting her was warranted. But I think it's ok to still feel sad for some of these people in a more general sense as for most of them there probably was some alternative path they could've taken that wouldn't have led them to become radicalized, or at least not to this extent.

Of course, the problem with that is that these people tend to self-radicalize. They seek out the bullshit that they want to believe is true and have no problem believing it because it's what they want to be true. So we can't just entirely blame the assholes who are manipulating them for greed or worse. Still, it's vital that we never lose the ability to empathize with these people, because we need to understand them if we're ever going to stop the radicalization of half of America.

I give her slightly less sympathy than I do for an ISIS terrorist who gets killed. On a fundamental level, a someone's child was radicalized, became a terrorist, and ultimately died because of it. That's a sad story, but the death itself was necessary. The difference between her and the ISIS terrorist is that she was radicalized while resting in the relative ease and wealth of a formerly first world country.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Want their names? Go watch their election ads.

I follow Texas photographer Wyman Meinzer on Facebook. Wyman has been seriously into the whole "Trump is God/Obama and Biden are Satans"  thing forever but I like his photographs.  Anyway, he's been posting all of this stuff about how yesterday America died etc... Way over the top kind of kooky stuff.  But some of his followers are saying things like "I back the blue. I back the law enforcement personnel and not the rioters"  and now his whole fanbase is sort of in a pickle regarding what to think. Ha ha.  They are mostly old and think that yesterday was the cay communism came to the United States. 

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Did y'all notice how quickly the narrative changed when Ashli's death was announced?  That cop that shot her might be the biggest hero yesterday.  My takeaway was that any Republican that was still willing to fuck around and find out changed their tune when a fatality was involved.  Who knows how things would have progressed had this not happened.

Fuck, I'm dark. . .

I think you are spot on.  It’s fun and games until shit hits the fan. 

not to csb but my previously mentioned sister who was associate parliamentarian of the US HOR now works for the DOJ in Portland, at the Portland Federal Courthouse.  Yesterday I texted her with "WTF, one of your workplaces was under seige by the left, the other was under siege by the right, where you gonna work next?"

Also, Chad Wolf visited her this past summer with "Law and Order" tough talk.  He was the MAIN AMPLIFIER of Trump's disdain for BLM protestors in Portland.

He reversed course.  And now his nomination for DHS Secretary is withdrawn.

edit - apparently it was withdrawn before yesterday's attempted coup.

Edited by BearSchlong

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Poor rural people don’t have the means or easy access to an airport to decide to fly off to DC and pay for hotel/rental cars/DC priced food etc with a few days notice.

Not to mention all the Gravy Seal costumes and Trump paraphernalia.

Those people yesterday weren’t the poor folks.

Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you here. I'm not sure what you categorize as fucking poor, but I guarantee you that plenty of these stupid rubes have shit jobs for wages maybe 20-25k above the poverty line. I think you underestimate the ability of stupid to say, live paycheck to paycheck buying guns and truck lifts, or opening up a new credit card to say, buy a super cheap (thanks covid) plane ticket to go to Washington D.C. to make libruls cry and save 'murica. You're also failing to recognize the level of mentally illness involved and that many of those fucktards literally think they're patriots saving America.  Im sure plenty of those people drove, and plenty probably live in their cars. 

I'm guessing a good chunk of the ones that showed up WITH money probably didn't attack the Capitol and walked away. Fuck, who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

From a pair of Trump-appointed U.S. Attorneys in Ohio:

This effort to prosecute the insurrectionists is great but their defense is kinda simple when the President of the United States very publicly told them to storm the Capitol just minutes prior.  Good luck convincing a jury of putting these guys away for any considerable time when they were given explicit permission by the head of government.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This effort to prosecute the insurrectionists is great but their defense is kinda simple when the President of the United States very publicly told them to storm the Capitol just minutes prior.  Good luck convincing a jury of putting these guys away for any considerable time when they were given explicit permission by the head of government.

I doubt many of them do any serious time.  You still have to have 12 jurors unanimously vote them guilty.  Get one maga on the jury and it's hung, at best.  There is no way you can seat a jury today w/out at least on maga on it.  

That's why I approve of shooting them.  It's the only justice they could ever receive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

not to csb but my previously mentioned sister who was associate parliamentarian of the US HOR now works for the DOJ in Portland, at the Portland Federal Courthouse.  Yesterday I texted her with "WTF, one of your workplaces was under seige by the left, the other was under siege by the right, where you gonna work next?"

Also, Chad Wolf visited her this past summer with "Law and Order" tough talk.  He was the MAIN AMPLIFIER of Trump's disdain for BLM protestors in Portland.

Fuck him. He's at the very top of the list of officials at DHS, DOJ, and FBI who probably knew about the threat beforehand and intentionally withheld information about it from Congress and the Capitol Police. I'd bet a good sum of money that he was in communication with someone in the mob.

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you here. I'm not sure what you categorize as fucking poor, but I guarantee you that plenty of these stupid rubes have shit jobs for wages maybe 20-25k above the poverty line. I think you underestimate the ability of stupid to say, live paycheck to paycheck buying guns and truck lifts, or opening up a new credit card to say, buy a super cheap (thanks covid) plane ticket to go to Washington D.C. to make libruls cry and save 'murica. You're also failing to recognize the level of mentally illness involved and that many of those fucktards literally think they're patriots saving America.  Im sure plenty of those people drove, and plenty probably live in their cars. 

I'm guessing a good chunk of the ones that showed up WITH money probably didn't attack the Capitol and walked away. Fuck, who knows. 

The lady who got shot owned her own business.

Edited by wildcat09

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I'm trying to find sympathy for the Air Force veteran who lost her life because she thought it was smart to try to storm the legislative seat of our government. 

You are "trying" to find sympathy for her? My God.

Just now, Degenerate Gardner said:

Twice brings more reasoned, thoughtful content to this board than just about anyone. You are out of line. Be more selective with your understandable fury.

i agree with you. but he's dead-fucking wrong on this one. how much more justifiable can lethal force be? his job is to protect elected officials. there was a mob that was actively trying to take many of those elected officials hostage and potentially kill them. 

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Twice brings more reasoned, thoughtful content to this board than just about anyone. You are out of line. Be more selective with your understandable fury.

I can't even begin to fathom the justification for your statement.  I am judging him by his own words. 

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Shame me all you want but I feel the country and planet are better off with her gone.  

I don't feel good about it and have a hard time admitting it, but this exact thought crossed my mind after seeing a video of how it all went down combined with her other insane videos like this one.  It would take some serious convincing to change my opinion that she was irredeemable.  

I say this as someone who has a sister who has dabbled in the Q world as well.  It's hard on my heart and I get despondent even thinking about how close to home this hits. 

After soaking in the events of yesterday and giving myself some time to cool down, I'm still having a hard time seeing how I can remain cordial with any family, friends, coworkers, clients, etc. that continue to support Trump after this.  I just don't think I have it in me to do it.  I can't decide if I should seek therapy to help me develop tools to deal with these situations which I know are in my future, or just be completely forthright and try to limit the F bombs as best I can while dealing with the nasty consequences that will surely follow. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I didn't say all. But the fuckface who put his feet up in Pelosi's office has to own his own business too, he got a PPP loan. Want to bet if he's "rich" or "poor?"

I'd bet he's pretty fucking comfortable. Poor people don't spend their days surfing the internet for QAnon shit. They're sacking bags at grocery stores and building houses.

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I doubt many of them do any serious time.  You still have to have 12 jurors unanimously vote them guilty.  Get one maga on the jury and it's hung, at best.  There is no way you can seat a jury today w/out at least on maga on it.  

That's why I approve of shooting them.  It's the only justice they could ever receive. 

Try them in DC.  It's 93% Democrat.  

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is there any reason he zeroed in on this video that I missed?

No idea. I didn’t even watch it. The video just comes attached to the tweet above. Herdman’s and DeVillers’ tweets and the fact that they’re both Trump appointees was covered by the local news so I looked them up and shared them. I hope no Ohioans were participants yesterday but, if they were, I hope these guys nail them. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Two additional things: 1. The grift--a few of them make a little on the side grifting or at least beg for money from family 'just this one time I swear.' and 2. Your point about paycheck is spot on. Some have no savings whatsoever so any money that comes in is all short term spending with no thought for the future which makes sense when everything is so shitty that you're blaming everyone else. It's the way they judge the iphong welfare queens but cannot remove the Yeti from their eye to see bible verse that Jesus says but updated a little, New Patriot Version.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

lol this must be the shitlib version of the conservative's shibboleth of welfare queens and "strapping young bucks" living off of a diet of T-Bone steaks.  

• Fuck You 23

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

As stupid and contemptible as what she did was, it was not treason.

It was insurrection, with a 10 year maximum penalty.  Or seditious conspiracy with 20 year max.

You don't get to make it into a no-due-process death penalty offense by shrieking "traitor."

You are better than that.

I could fully endorse her being beaten, but I'm not going to endorse her being shot.

What would have justified her being shot in your eyes?  If she got through those doors with no reaction nothing would have stopped the rest.  She fucked around and found out and is now a dead stupid bitch.  The moment the crowd penetrated the building is when the lead should have started flying.  

• Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I didn't say all. But the fuckface who put his feet up in Pelosi's office has to own his own business too, he got a PPP loan. Want to bet if he's "rich" or "poor?"

It's pretty interesting--the demographics but specifically it would be interesting to know the exact backgrounds of those that crossed the barricades (vs those that didn't). Some of the bolder ones have been photographed, either by themselves or others so one can have an idea, but delving into the income, education, etc would be useful.

A pretty good documentary that came out recently is called "Feels Good Man". It centers on Pepe the Frog, which was originally a character from a web comic drawn by this hippy dippy artist guy and then of course, it got co-opted by the alt right, became a hate symbol, etc. I felt bad for the guy when he's at his storage unit talking about the 30 grand of Pepe merchandise he bought that is now worthless. Also how all this shit is basically what the story of his life gets to center on. At any rate, at one point they have 4chan guys talking about the evolution of its use as a meme, and the kinda... jokey application of pepe being a nazi or piloting the 9/11 planes, and then gradually people aren't joking. Or how it transitions from "lol we got you you think we are serious" to more of a "this is a joke *wink*" type thing. I should rewatch that segment. I was thinking about that reading about the seeming disconnect of... people are storming the capitol to overthrow the government, and then walking away rubbing pepper spray out of their eyes like wtf we're just trying to do the revolution. The disconnect between the seriousness of what they are doing and the seriousness that they have about it. Like they were going to naruto run towards Area 51. Except also maybe they're going to hang the vice president.

This is one of those crazy "the internet and the real world have mingled" things, and it's crazy and dangerous and you can kinda see how some people don't totally grok the seriousness of what they are doing, and it's maybe even more dangerous because others know exactly what is up and they're all together. Jtfc I dunno, what a time.

good movie, though

• Hook 'Em 6

23 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

edit - apparently it was withdrawn before yesterday's attempted coup.

Tell her to move to the center of country and get seiged by the centrists. 

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1