The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, Dahobbs said:

No. You're just wrong here. This isn't any place. This wasn't any time. It was the Capitol with Congress in session and multiple individuals in the line of secession in the building. An overwhelming display of force was warranted to keep things from escalating the way they did. The Capitol Police failed (and perhaps assisted in the attack). Those people could not be allowed into a room with almost all the critical members of our government. Any and all force could have and should have been used as soon as that became a possibility. 

Not only that, does anyone believe those armaments they found later would NOT have been used had they succeeded a little further? When it was first reported that someone had been shot, that was pretty much when I broke down. I was certain it had been some aide or other staff member just trying to evacuate. Is it wrong that I was relieved that it was a terrorist? Too bad. She crossed the line the minute she went through the doors without permission--and I don't care if the cops themselves told her 'hey we're with you.' We give Congress power, but we should only take it from them the way we are designed to do--via elections.

17 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Mine were asking me to go back on my Facebook feed and prove I condemned the violence in Seattle and Portland this summer....

Yeah, these people are fucking brainwashed.  

Any of them male? Can they go back and account for all of their sperm that were killed and whether they condemned in public the violence of them not being able to control themselves in that regard? That's about how much sense the Facebook people make, so yeah, brainwashed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

I hope you are wrong, I'm afraid you are not.

I’m not wrong because the response to this incident is catastrophically pathetic. The red team won yesterday. They are emboldened, not deterred because the consequences are laughably insufficient to non-existent. 

• Hook 'Em 4

there is nothing "beautiful" about that.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the rioters, but nothing about that makes me feel good.

Those cops with the M4s failed to defend the country, the Capitol, and the people. They are vile.

3 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

We are not in disagreement on this case. Protect the line of succession. Protect every sitting member of Congress and anybody else who works for them. I was more commenting on the shoot every person who pokes their head in any door or window of the capital when the occupants have taken shelter in one room already.

Bulllshit. Storming the nation's capital comes with consequences. At least it should. Everyone of those motherfuckers had choices ranging from staying the fuck at home, to at worst peacefully protesting outside the barriers. If I was running the show, there would be a lot more arrests coming and jail time for all in Federal prison.

Not for protesting, I'm all for the right to protest. They went about 5 steps past that. If our jails are too full, let out all the dudes in there for selling weed. Gonna be legal soon anyway. The internet is full of these fucking morons openly talking about a storm, a revolution, etc... You don't let that slide. As they say, you take a swing at the king, you best not miss.

Start with Trump and work your way down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you haven't seen this, it is fucking beautiful. This is the Q-anon chick eating a bullet. It is a tragedy that every Trump supporter that attacked the Capitol didn't die the exact same way.

Looks like he’s wearing a suit.  So secret service has a lot of merit. 

edit: y’all beat me to it 

Edited by Homercles

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

These freaks are emboldened.
Many more will die.

This is what I'm afraid of.  But then again I thought many more would die yesterday.  

I think we'll know soon.  Either they shot their wad yesterday or the news that the election was certified overnight will set them off today.

But I also wouldn't be anywhere near the inauguration on the 20th.

It's crazy how far this has gone.  

1 minute ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It's possible that that was just the easiest charge to arrest on and that more charges will be tacked on later.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the highest levels of Trump's FBI and DOJ are working on charges as we speak

Top Men (Indiana Jones) | Reaction GIFs

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It's possible that that was just the easiest charge to arrest on and that more charges will be tacked on later.

Maybe. I took it as they didn't do shit until the night crew stepped in and the only law broken at that time was curfew. The other few arrests were weapons charges 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Bulllshit. Storming the nation's capital comes with consequences. At least it should. Everyone of those motherfuckers had choices ranging from staying the fuck at home, to at worst peacefully protesting outside the barriers. If I was running the show, there would be a lot more arrests coming and jail time for all in Federal prison.

Not for protesting, I'm all for the right to protest. They went about 5 steps past that. If our jails are too full, let out all the dudes in there for selling weed. Gonna be legal soon anyway. The internet is full of these fucking morons openly talking about a storm, a revolution, etc... You don't let that slide. As they say, you take a swing at the king, you best not miss.

Start with Trump and work your way down. 

If you missed my earlier post, I said that only because it might be more useful to set up a perimeter and arrest every one of them in order to flush out foreign agents and their espionage cells as well as domestic terrorism cells.

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

They already had shirts printed in advance...

Brisket was right.  So was I.  I said it would last a couple hrs with a couple casualties.  I didn’t think the only side sustaining casualties would be the mouth breathers but here we are.  Well done, dipshits.  

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok--let's just cut to the chase here: FUCK YOU!

This isn't a police-brutality situation.  This was a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the government.  At that point, the government doesn't have to wait for its agents to believe that their personal lives are in danger before employing deadly force.  They can use deadly force because the life of the government itself is threatened.

She took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.  Instead, she participated in a violent insurrection to prevent Congress from carrying out the Constitution's requirements.  The was a traitor.  The only thing unfortunate about her death is that it wasn't that of a traitor--at the end of a rope.

Death to Traitors!

Well, this is a very lawyerly take.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Did you guys know there are hundreds of thousands of antifa people who dress up as MAGA people just to make Trump look bad?

Maybe they were Trump supporters dressed up as ANTIFA pretending to be Trump supporters.  Ever thought about that?

• Haha 3

What has struck me about the interviews with the terrorists is the casual disengagement from reality. I saw a video of a terrorist couple, arm in arm and walking away from the capitol. Two terrorist love birds having a romantic coup attempt.

She had been pepper sprayed and looked and sounded like she felt she was the victim, much like we saw in the protests this summer. When asked why she was there, she said — not metaphorically— for the “revolution.”

She participated in an attack on congress to overthrow the government and yet she seemed aggrieved because she was pepper sprayed. It was like she was just playing around. There’s too much make-believe and gleeful untethering from reality going on. I can’t wrap my mind around it, but I see it everywhere these days.

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you haven't seen this, it is fucking beautiful. This is the Q-anon chick eating a bullet. It is a tragedy that every Trump supporter that attacked the Capitol didn't die the exact same way.

I'm assuming whomever was behind those doors in the offices area  was very important?

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Brisket was right.  So was I.  I said it would last a couple hrs with a couple casualties.  I didn’t think the only side sustaining casualties would be the mouth breathers tazing their own testicles but here we are.  Well done, dipshits.  

FIFY

Crying about being sprayed. Yeah, imagine storming the capitol while both houses are in session and the VP is inside. Breaking through barricades, smashing windows, etc. You would 100% know that would be a one-way trip and you would be shot immediately. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok--let's just cut to the chase here: FUCK YOU!

This isn't a police-brutality situation.  This was a violent insurrection aimed at overthrowing the government.  At that point, the government doesn't have to wait for its agents to believe that their personal lives are in danger before employing deadly force.  They can use deadly force because the life of the government itself is threatened.

She took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.  Instead, she participated in a violent insurrection to prevent Congress from carrying out the Constitution's requirements.  The was a traitor.  The only thing unfortunate about her death is that it wasn't that of a traitor--at the end of a rope.

Death to Traitors!

We have A LOT of things to look into, but the radicalization of military members is becoming a huge issue.  Who or what is radicalizing them into turning against their country and the oath they swore to uphold? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm assuming whomever was behind those doors in the offices area  was very important?

that is my take, as other have said, this threshold was likely a bridge too far. LIOs up to that point had been pretty damn tolerant.

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

What has struck me about the interviews with the terrorists is the casual disengagement from reality. I saw a video of a terrorist couple, arm in arm and walking away from the capitol. Two terrorist love birds having a romantic coup attempt.

She had been pepper sprayed and looked and sounded like she felt she was the victim, much like we saw in the protests this summer. When asked why she was there, she said — not metaphorically— for the “revolution.”

She participated in an attack on congress to overthrow the government and yet she seemed aggrieved because she was pepper sprayed. It was like she was just playing around. There’s too much make-believe and gleeful untethering from reality going on. I can’t wrap my mind around it, but I see it everywhere these days.

Are you talking about the girl with an onion in her towel that she was using to rub her eyes?

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like the Secret Service took her out with one shot but the Capitol police are behind them with AR's and look completely confused.

Yea, it seemed like there was a standing order with the capitol police to not engage the protestors.  Guys were brandishing batons but not using them.  Cops with guns were waving them around but not using them.  I get that at the first barrier, but at some point you have to have a point of no return where the RoE changes.  There absolutely should have been a layered defense.  Second barrier, start flash bangs and rubber bullets.  Third barrier you start busting heads with batons and cattle prods.  Inside the building, you start dropping people.  Its not hyperbole to say that at least a portion of this crowd wanted blood.  They were coming for Pelosi, Pence, Cheney, etc.  At best, they were going to be captured and harassed.  At worst, they were going to carry out the logical conclusion to all of Trump/Q/Right wing rhetoric and kill members of our government.  The response should have reflected that danger, and each line breached should have had an appropriate response. 

The crowd around Bigo aren't going to be affected by him being arrested a week later.  All the crowd saw was that guy waltz into Pelosi's office, have a good time, and take shit.  They will think they can do the same next time around.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

We have A LOT of things to look into, but the radicalization of military members is becoming a huge issue.  Who or what is radicalizing them into turning against their country and the oath they swore to uphold? 

if my 15 year, Army captain brother in law is anything to go by, mainly facebook meme pages. Dude has a company-level command, believes some crazy shit and is conditioned to defer to authority figures, it's wild.

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I heard that yesterday when it happened. If you were thinking, “This is day old news which no one took seriously at the time and which never came to pass so why am I posting this?” then yes, I’m thinking what you’re thinking. Otherwise I don’t  know wtf you’re thinking. 

I was joking about how if Iranian terrorists actually had that plan in place, there's a fair chance that they would have taken out the Trump terrorists.  2 birds, 1 stone.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It also happens to be an accurate emotional take.

As stupid and contemptible as what she did was, it was not treason.

It was insurrection, with a 10 year maximum penalty.  Or seditious conspiracy with 20 year max.

You don't get to make it into a no-due-process death penalty offense by shrieking "traitor."

You are better than that.

I could fully endorse her being beaten, but I'm not going to endorse her being shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not only that, does anyone believe those armaments they found later would NOT have been used had they succeeded a little further? When it was first reported that someone had been shot, that was pretty much when I broke down. I was certain it had been some aide or other staff member just trying to evacuate. Is it wrong that I was relieved that it was a terrorist? Too bad. She crossed the line the minute she went through the doors without permission--and I don't care if the cops themselves told her 'hey we're with you.' We give Congress power, but we should only take it from them the way we are designed to do--via elections.

Any of them male? Can they go back and account for all of their sperm that were killed and whether they condemned in public the violence of them not being able to control themselves in that regard? That's about how much sense the Facebook people make, so yeah, brainwashed.

Have you considered logging off the internet for a day? 

Look, these dumb fucking gravy seals aren't going to over throw the US. They might do property damage, they might fuck around and kill someone, but there's no reason for you to be having a panic attack hundreds of miles away. They're losers supporting a loser.

Have you seen how concerned the fucking stock market is? It's going to be okay.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A massive number of our military were only ever military because they had no other decent options of a life after high school.

They didn't care about the oath when they took it, not did they understand it. They just knew they had to do it to get in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

It was insurrection, with a 10 year maximum penalty.  Or seditious conspiracy with 20 year max.

You don't get to make it into a no-due-process death penalty offense by shrieking "traitor."

I could fully endorse her being beaten, but I'm not going to endorse her being shot.

And, since we believe in was SS who gunned her down, if Pelosi or others in the succession were behind those doors?

You think this is some kind of game, apparently.   We don't know what that cunt maga bitch had in mind.  They should send the EMS bill to her husband and give him 30 days to pay it in full 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

A massive number of our military were only ever military because they had no other decent options of a life after high school.

They didn't care about the oath when they took it, not did they understand it. They just knew they had to do it to get in.

Agreed.  Serving military would be one thing.

Veterans, as a group, are as likely to be stupid as any other group or the population at large.  Maybe worse.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah.  Picture.  1000 words.  Yada.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-06-at-4.28.41-PM-800

Elija Schaeffer should be in jail Right Now.  The dumbass from Arkansas, the Texas lawyer, the Arizona qturd and everyone else posting their shit on social media, should be in jail RIGHT NOW!

Law enforcement knows who they are, all their information is online.  Get them now.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

Look, these dumb fucking gravy seals aren't going to over throw the US. They might do property damage, they might fuck around and kill someone, but there's no reason for you to be having a panic attack hundreds of miles away. They're losers supporting a loser.

The stock market also didn't give a shit about covid until it was too late.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Narrator: the stock market isn’t an accurate reflection of social unrest 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

And, since we believe in was SS who gunned her down, if Pelosi or others in the succession were behind those doors?

You think this is some kind of game, apparently.   We don't know what that cunt maga bitch had in mind.  They should send the EMS bill to her husband and give him 30 days to pay it in full 

I do not and I am not willing to make flippant remarks about it.

I'm not going to engage anyone else on this topic.

Someone died, that's not good.  I'm not going to celebrate it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And what is your take on James Blake getting shot?

35 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Are we losing our minds?  The capital was invaded.  Not enough people were shot.  JFC

Apparently consequences for sedition and violent insurrection are going to be left to the American voters as well.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I generally like your takes, but fuck this. A mob riled up by the president stormed the US Capitol yesterday. They publicly and loudly declared their intent to stop Congress from certifying the election. She knowingly joined the vanguard in a coup attempt. What happened yesterday was a genuine threat to the stability of our nation. That bullet might just have saved America. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6