The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’d like a #bothsides update from the burn-it-down guys. @Anastasis and @maninblack you guys gotta be thrilled right? 

I'd say that the GOP looks pretty crispy right about now.

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I'd say that the GOP is done as a national party for one, maybe two decades...hopefully forever in its current form. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Good friend of mine from New Zealand said we're heading towards third world status and we're a fucking disgrace.  I told him, no we're well past that now.  It was a good run, but it's over.

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh btw, Adm. James Stavridis was on Morning Joe earlier and raised an interesting point. He said you’re naive if you think agents of Russian intelligence weren’t undercover as part of the Trump mob that invaded the Capitol and seeking to commit espionage. They certainly had plenty of time to prepare for that operation and as we saw it would’ve been incredibly easy and low-risk to pull off. 

The whole thing was an orchestrated active measure in the classical sense so yeah. 

• Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I'd say that the GOP looks pretty crispy right about now.

Yeah, that’s bad. The collapse of crucial moderating institutions is bad. Leads to unchecked corruption and senseless bloodshed. 
This is like burning down a building to show had flammable it was.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, B00M said:

How many of these dumbasses actually got arrested?

Washington Post journalists were arrested for filming the protestors.

All of law enforcement wanted Trump's revolution to succeed. All of law enforcement, in its entirety, is the enemy of the people of the United States.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

So what happens now?  The gravy seals are still in DC, Biden’s EC win was still certified, for all their mayhem they didn’t accomplish anything other than generating a lot of work for cleaning crews.  So do they just... go home?  Do they come back with their rifles and nooses?  Does anyone hold them accountable?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Washington Post journalists were arrested for filming the protestors.

All of law enforcement wanted Trump's revolution to succeed. All of law enforcement, in its entirety, is the enemy of the people of the United States.

Putin approves of your message

3 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I think a better question is, what does Trump do now? He's out of normal lawful proceedings to disrupt. So what does he play now? IMO there's a lot of potential for something much worse. 

Trump is going to take a shot with Martial Law & using the military. Bet your life on it.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

She fucked around and you can see at the 43 second is where she truly found out.  (You might have to click through because Youtube is censoring the content but it's there.)

Jesus Christ what a fucking idiotic and stupid and selfish decision by that dumb cunt to force one citizen to kill another in the cradle of our democracy. Truly awful, but she sure earned it when she hopped up and started climbing through a broken window

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

She fucked around and you can see at the 43 second is where she truly found out.  (You might have to click through because Youtube is censoring the content but it's there.)

Better angle than the other videos that were floating around.  Note to self, when storming the seat of governance don't lead the assault against armed guards through the broken windows head first. 

Awful to see someone die. No matter who. Would have much rather she was arrested and spent a good while in jail. Think someone said she was a veteran too, but maybe I'm mis-remembering that.

What really astounds me is people like those in the background or the woman from the "mace" video, actively breaking into the capitol and calling it a revolution, then shocked when they're maced, or shot at, or whatever. Some of these fucks legit thought this was a party at the capitol and they were patriots and they were gonna get their t-shirt or souvenir that said so, then go drink a beer. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Jesus Christ what a fucking idiotic and stupid and selfish decision by that dumb cunt to force one citizen to kill another in the cradle of our democracy. Truly awful, but she sure earned it when she hopped up and started climbing through a broken window

I mean she did.  Still an appalling lack of trigger discipline and proportionate response by the shooter.  ACAB.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Better angle than the other videos that were floating around.  Note to self, when storming the seat of governance don't lead the assault against armed guards through the broken windows head first. 

Ass first it is!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Damn good thing somebody caught her trying to enter through the broken window.  Apparently the only security person in the building who actually did his job

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, LTbear said:

Awful to see someone die. No matter who. Would have much rather she was arrested and spent a good while in jail. Think someone said she was a veteran too, but maybe I'm mis-remembering that.

What really astounds me is people like those in the background or the woman from the "mace" video, actively breaking into the capitol and calling it a revolution, then shocked when they're maced, or shot at, or whatever. Some of these fucks legit thought this was a party at the capitol and they were patriots and they were gonna get their t-shirt or souvenir that said so, then go drink a beer. 

And they've wasted all that breath defending cops about their violent reactions to  . . . . wait for it  . . .  protestors and rioters.

Just completely ate up with dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

It was all for the likes and retweets.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AnTiM said:

Damn good thing somebody caught her trying to enter through the broken window.  Apparently the only security person in the building who actually did his job

Bah.  Cop should have whacked her a few times with a club or asp.  The shooting was, as per usual, uncalled for.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

"It's just a flash bang." You can say that again.

Imagine choosing to defend the honor of the star of NBC's "The Apprentice" as your hill to die on.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bah.  Cop should have whacked her a few times with a club or asp.  The shooting was, as per usual, uncalled for.

The cop that shot that woman had more of a reason to fear for their life than pretty much any other police shooting I think I've ever seen. Unnecessary? Most likely. But certainly much more "justifiable." 

I fucking hate cops.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I can't find the reporting, but I recall reading that area is a secure area that had Pence inside, so it could have been SS doing their thing

2 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

What's amazing is when you watch the full video, right before the shot goes down there are armored up police taking over the area.  They get some direction from a guy in a suit, and then turn around and go down the stairs. A few seconds later, the window is broken and she gets plugged.  The armored cops walk back up the stairs at that point and looks like they are involved in rendering aid.

1. Why the fuck did the cops not clear that area out before they tried to breach the door?

2. I am amazed that those cops had the "discipline" to not make everybody in that space leak when that shot went off.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTbear said:

spacer.png

They legit thought it was a party, because for 99% of them it was exactly that! These fucking traitors basically did exactly what they wanted and got a high five on the way out. Some fucking cop didn't check his email yesterday morning and missed the memo, so he shot one of them and the rest cowered in fear with hands up, confused by being told no and getting a consequence for the first time in their lives. Wow. Weird. Wonder if actually doing their job would have worked on more of these pieces of shit? Instead they are chilling in their hotels with items fucking stolen from our Capitol 

• Hook 'Em 4

Come on, people.  

I have less sympathy for her than your average victim of police brutality, but let's not have a double-standard here.

I got super-cringey and nervous seeing that dude with the M4 at "port arms" among that crowd.  That kind of video always provokes the "alright, who's going to do something stupid and get wasted."

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/01/among-insurrectionists/617580/

I would not compromise on the matter of my mask, but the woman in the cat costume and her friends allowed me to come along anyway. We turned from 14th Street into the sea of people moving down Pennsylvania Avenue. It did not strike me, even then, that this mob would actually storm the Capitol. I assumed, in a non-insurrectionary failure of imagination, that they would gather on the Capitol’s sloping lawn, sing Lee Greenwood anthems, and curse Mitt Romney. There were Proud Boys—or at least Proud Boy–adjacent boys—in this group; they would not speak to me but were also not overtly hostile. (I noticed on two occasions groups of Proud Boy–looking men smoking marijuana, which, all things being equal, was a good thing.)

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lulz at this dumb cunt. 

That is MAGA in a nutshell. These are overgrown children playing make-believe soldier.

How it started:“THIS IS WAR. WE ARE PATRIOTS. #punishersticker #comeandtakeitflag”

How it’s going: “Oh my god no one told me I might get pepper sprayed! Why is everyone being so mean to me?!? Hold me...”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1