The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Q-Anon Shaman who we are calling Jake Angeli is using a fake name.  His actual real name is Jacob Anthony Chansley.

Apparently, his dad committed suicide a few years ago and it sent him around the bend. 

I think I would kill myself too if that freak was my kid.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Part of me is like “most of these MAGA chuds are suckers being manipulated by forces they cannot comprehend.”  And another part of me is like “These are racist fascist fucks doing nazi shit.”  

So I’m conflicted when it comes to these pawn foot soldiers.  The real criminals are the Trumps, Hawleys, and their network of grifting psychopaths that know exactly what they are doing by preying on vulnerable people. 

The reason the trumps, Hawleys, etc are doing this is BECAUSE of the 'pawns".  The inmates are running the party.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Who is in charge of the security at the inauguration? Because it sure as shit shouldn’t be a single person that was on the hill yesterday. This feels like the fuse was lit for something worse.

I'm thinking at this point, there isn't going to be an inauguration.  There will be a swearing in ceremony indoors, followed by the speeches.

Just now, Francisco 2.0
12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Who is in charge of the security at the inauguration? Because it sure as shit shouldn’t be a single person that was on the hill yesterday. This feels like the fuse was lit for something worse.

I'm thinking at this point, there isn't going to be an inauguration.  There will be a swearing in ceremony indoors, followed by the speeches.

Even if an attempted coup hadn't happened, the inauguration should not take place as normal. The pandemic is near its apex (I hope and pray with all my heart). People should not gather to watch an old white man say some words

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Not commenting on whether GI Jane got what was coming to her, but as far as Buckingham Palace policy towards trespassers goes...

4e28846e6e0531e11bf38cb4e206447b.jpg

Mr. Fagan says hey.

Weird...this was supposed to be directed at diggler’s post regarding the Powell remark on palace security.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The reason the trumps, Hawleys, etc are doing this is BECAUSE of the 'pawns".  The inmates are running the party.

While there is truth to this I’m a believer of the idea of tone being set from the top. Hitler and Mussolini were not driven to do what they did by the German/Italian people.  They utilized massive propaganda operations conditioning their populations to accept or ignore their atrocities. But you are right in the sense there are no innocent nazis.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Damn good thing somebody caught her trying to enter through the broken window.  Apparently the only security person in the building who actually did his job

Did y'all notice how quickly the narrative changed when Ashli's death was announced?  That cop that shot her might be the biggest hero yesterday.  My takeaway was that any Republican that was still willing to fuck around and find out changed their tune when a fatality was involved.  Who knows how things would have progressed had this not happened.

Fuck, I'm dark. . .

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have less sympathy for her than your average victim of police brutality, but let's not have a double-standard here.

You mean because she was part of a violent mob who stormed the Capitol to interfere with a presidential election and not just a black person in public?  Yeah, that should bother you less.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While there is truth to this I’m a believer of the idea of tone being set from the top. Hitler and Mussolini we not driven to do what they did by the German people.  They utilized massive propaganda operations conditioning their populations to accept or ignore their atrocities. But you are right in the sense there are no innocent nazis.

It's definitely a team effort; can't have one w/out the other.  But at this point, Hawley, Cruz, etc are doing this to feed the beast, not to please trump.  That's the definition of mob rule. 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CNN is tip-toeing around saying that the cops were complicit.  Motherfucker, they were.

Wait, I haven't heard this and can't get to a tv.  Complicit how: they stood down too soon, or they were intentionally undermanned, or someone let the fuckers in, or what?

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I’m ok with that. I already know there will be much gloating about the size of dotard’s inauguration crowd in comparison but other than trumpanzees, who gives a fuck?

I'd never seen one before but i just saw a "Q" sticker next to a "get on board the trump train" sticker on an SUV in Austin. Looked like it was driven by a dumpy 40 something woman. The fuck? This is real life? These insane idiots are truly all around us.

51rzJEy7OpL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Just now, TexArcher said:

Wait, I haven't heard this and can't get to a tv.  Complicit how: they stood down too soon, or they were intentionally undermanned, or someone let the fuckers in, or what?

Interesting.  Cuomo and Lemon last night were less subtle.  Straight up Lemon said THEY WERE LETTING THEM IN! 

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CNN is tip-toeing around saying that the cops were complicit.  Motherfucker, they were.

Of course they are complicit.

Think about every kid you went to high school with who became a cop. Stupid, angry, religious, joins the military because there are no other options. 

Cops are the bottom of the fucking barrel.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Well on msnbc right now they showed the arrests: 47 for breaking curfew and 3 on weapons charges. 

Lmao

Bombs were found as armed insurrectionists stormed our Capitol. One person was shot, possibly accidentally. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

this is what's making the most sense right now, imo. Not to mention ya know, opening barricade lines and taking selfies in the rotunda

And gently helping them down the stairs, as they were "clearing" them.   Some Capitol cops should not only be fired but prosecuted for aiding seditionists.  Lock 'em up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Come on, people.  

I have less sympathy for her than your average victim of police brutality, but let's not have a double-standard here.

I got super-cringey and nervous seeing that dude with the M4 at "port arms" among that crowd.  That kind of video always provokes the "alright, who's going to do something stupid and get wasted."

Dude.  They stormed the capitol where our nation's elected officials were, including the VP.  Then they tried to break into secure/barricaded rooms housing those same people.  In any other situation I'd agree with you.  Not this one. 

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Yes. They voted. Hawley protested Pennsylvania. Biden is certified.

Hawley and Cruz are seditionists.

So are like 100 members of the House as well.  Fuck them.  Anyone that voted yay should be kicked out if they can muster it, but at the very least, Cruz and Hawley.  Fuck those guys.  Kicking them out likely puts a complete end to any presidential ambitions.

• Hook 'Em 3

Pipe bombs were found. There are pictures of guys with guns and zip ties. I’m sorry if some people might consider themselves the nonviolent part of the insurrection. The officers did not have the luxury. They barricaded a door. The officers had guns. They fired when someone tried to breach. I don’t feel sorry her. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Washington Post journalists were arrested for filming the protestors.

All of law enforcement wanted Trump's revolution to succeed. All of law enforcement, in its entirety, is the enemy of the people of the United States.

Which makes sense given a number of factors, but especially because a lot of low level law enforcement and low level military are the ideal trump voters.  Low educated, white and male.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
Grammar correction. :)
  • Hook 'Em 2

So what Ill be looking for in the next few days.  

1.  What direction the "how was the capitol not prepared?" questions/investigation goes.  This should get the ball rolling on identifying the players in the coup.  Lots of paths here, did the FBI fail to find/track all the storm the capitol chatter and planning?  Was it caught, but ignored by someone higher up in the food chain?  Was it presented to Capitol police and ignored there?  Did the DoD drag their feet on getting the guard out?  Whoever dropped the ball needs to be tried for sedition, full stop.  

2. Will congress move forward with impeachment?  My guess is the senate will try to run out the clock, but the dems need to stick to their guns and get this done, even if he's out of office.  They need to reclaim some respect for that body and our government as a whole.  The world is watching.

3. Will any members of congress be censured or expelled?  Hawley and Cruz are the easy targets, but guys like Gaetz, Jordan, Nunes need to be taken to the woodshed.  Gaetz specifically, his speech last night was a shameless display of bootlicking and a continuation of the shit that got that riot started, and it needs to be punished.  

4. Will Pence/cabinet move forward with the 25th?  If that doesn't happen, its because Pence now has Trump by the balls IMO.  The scheduling and incitement of this riot, and Trump's response (the lack of NG activation, tepid call to stop) seems like a pretty straight forward reasons to be able to 25th him.  Trump needs time to complete his pardons, and most importantly, needs Pence to pardon him on the way out the door.  I guess the counterpoint to this is Trump is fucking crazy, so I may be making the mistake of applying reason and logic to a guy that eats crayons.  Time for Pence to show what kind of man he is.  

Just now, bad_teammate said:

If there were members of Congress/VP behind that barricade yeah... unfortunately you gotta shoot her.

Otherwise, hit her in the head with a stick and mace the shit out of the entire stairwell.

There had to have been at least one member of the line of succession (Pence, Pelosi or Grassley) in that room to warrant a shooting if no one else anywhere in the Capitol got popped. 

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

So what happens now?   Do they come back with their rifles and nooses?  Does anyone hold them accountable?

1. EXTREMELY BAD STUFF. 2. That's their plan. 3. Not really, no, but a few low dollar capos might end up getting busted. That's how the mob works, ya know--low guy has the rap sheet, big Don walks.

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

IMO there's a lot of potential for something much worse. 

Yes, yes there is.

58 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Trump is going to take a shot with Martial Law & using the military. Bet your life on it.

I would not make that bet because I'd be dead.

39 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The cop that shot that woman had more of a reason to fear for their life than pretty much any other police shooting I think I've ever seen. Unnecessary? Most likely. But certainly much more "justifiable." 

I fucking hate cops.

Ultimately she FAAFO. The man who shot her was in fear for his life and in THE HOUSE, therefore it was the Castle Doctrine and no charges should be filed. Any right winger who makes her a martyr should be reminded of that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

You are a man of reasonable, thoughtful takes and someone I find myself agreeing with on most topics. And we do agree that it would have been nice if no one had to die yesterday. I would also note that capital police had clearly been overwhelmed and the rioters completely overwhelmed any security protocols and were aggressively attacking the capitol. Capitol police were clearly fearful of engaging when the numbers became so great to try and keep things from becoming an all out death struggle. 

However, the set of doors/windows that this woman crawled through appears to have been established as a last line of defense barricade between the nut jobs and where congressional members and the human targets they had been given charge to protect. It appears that secret service protecting both Pence and Harris, two Vice Presidents hunkered down, had determined that it was the threshold. Cops had slowly been overtaken at every single point of defense and the rioters were not behaving in a way that allowed for any more fucking around. Cops that tried to baton off rioters or use non-lethal tactics/arrest them had been easily disposed of and overrun over the previous hour at every barricade point and because no one in the situation knew who was or wasn’t armed and because this was the last line between rioters whose behavior indicated violence and potential human targets (including two Vice Presidents), I think it is clear that the secret service decided this was it...no one could be allowed to pass. When the dumb bitch decided to test that, a message was sent and the unfortunate consequence is there is a grieving family and a loss of human life.

the secret service is an organization that is well known for being a no tolerance, fuck around and find out group. I have zero doubt that the impending threat/access to Pence and Harris, as well as the rest of congress in their hunkered down place of retreat was the driving decisions at that point.

Fair.  I don't know all the details.  I had originally thought she was shot from behind by the aforementioned M4 wielding dude.

I try to look at all sides of the thing and it's a little hard to escape the notion that she was  a small, unarmed woman, yes acting aggressively, but not yet a real, deadly threat to another person.  And now she's dead.

And, I'm not saying anyone is yet employing a double standard.  But I think it's something to be mindful of, when you are sympathetic/not sympathetic to the deceased's "cause."

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I've read that bottom question 5 times and still can't believe I'm understanding it correctly. 

It's not a question, it's a category of responders to a different question.  So, read it like this, "of the people who answered that they believe there was enough fraud to affect the election results, how many agreed with storming the Capitol?" 

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Come on, people.  

I got super-cringey and nervous seeing that dude with the M4 at "port arms" among that crowd.  That kind of video always provokes the "alright, who's going to do something stupid and get wasted."

No.  This isn't a traffic stop.  This isn't a protest in a park or city street.  This was a mob storming the seat of government.  This was a mob that, leading up to these events, had been broadcasting their intention to execute "traitors," including many members of Congress.  This was a barricaded line where the mob knew that cops* were pointing there weapons at.  These were cops* who were outnumbered and had apparently did not have the capacity to detain the members of the mob.  (If they did have that capacity, then not detaining them was the bigger failure.) 

*I use "cops", but I don't think they were there for law enforcement.  They were there to protect.  

• Hook 'Em 2