The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Not to mention the large piece of evidence that white supremacists plotted to kidnap and kill a Michigan governor. Oh but don’t worry, these people storming the capital wouldn’t do that. 

That and the storming of state capitols to protest stay at home orders were trial runs. 

I'm scared of what Biden's FBI and DOJ is going to uncover about how fucking deep this goes.  It's been planned for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This guy was there yesterday.  He and his wife own Kissing Tree Vineyards off of 35.  I'm sure you've seen the sign.  Utterly unremarkable wine.  

Well shit, I thought Taste was the best restaurant in town. At least with it closing I dont have to boycott it now.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While there is truth to this I’m a believer of the idea of tone being set from the top. Hitler and Mussolini we not driven to do what they did by the German/Italian people.  They utilized massive propaganda operations conditioning their populations to accept or ignore their atrocities. But you are right in the sense there are no innocent nazis.

If you truly believe that the election was illegally manipulated by shadowy forces and a usurper is taking office, then I can see how you could reach the conclusion that you had to take action. So in this sense, they are idoits being manipulated. 

That said, they are being manipulated because they are idoits, and because they are a particular kind of idoit that is drawn to racist, authoritarian, hatred.  It’s the sugar that makes the conspiracy medicine go down for them.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Legal scholar on CNN this morning said the 25th would take at least 3 weeks to get done because trump has an option to challenge it.  She was saying impeachment is faster. 

The 25th talk has always been an excuse not to impeach and it’s infuriating. IMO the 25th amendment is more of a liability than an asset in this situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Pipe bombs were found. There are pictures of guys with guns and zip ties. I’m sorry if some people might consider themselves the nonviolent part of the insurrection. The officers did not have the luxury. They barricaded a door. The officers had guns. They fired when someone tried to breach. I don’t feel sorry her. 

The unfortunate truth is there should have been many many more shot yesterday.  Anyone and everyone breaking into our Capitol should have been met with gunfire.

As was said yesterday, they were not stealing tvs from wal-mart, they were trying to overthrow our government.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Did y'all notice how quickly the narrative changed when Ashli's death was announced?  That cop that shot her might be the biggest hero yesterday.  My takeaway was that any Republican that was still willing to fuck around and find out changed their tune when a fatality was involved.  Who knows how things would have progressed had this not happened.

Fuck, I'm dark. . .

I'm in that mood today, too, so sympathy. When I finished work yesterday, I stress baked blueberry muffins, two loaves of banana bread, and a sweet potato pie. I'm going to give it the neighbors but at least it kept me from sobbing.

15 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Of course they are complicit.

Think about every kid you went to high school with who became a cop. Stupid, angry, religious, joins the military because there are no other options. 

Cops are the bottom of the fucking barrel.

Stop and think if some of those cops had started picking off representatives. This is where we are. That fellow that Trump appointed to be head of the Capitol police, he is suspect number one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this graphic.

NFL players taking a knee during the anthem as a peaceful protest was equated to treason, yet a coup attempt while Congress is in session, including removal of American flags and replacing with Trump flags, is supported by 45% of Republicans?  I really hope this is just skewed results based on sample size or demographic.

Can we see if Australia has any room for these people?  It worked for England.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fair.  I don't know all the details.  I had originally thought she was shot from behind by the aforementioned M4 wielding dude.

I try to look at all sides of the thing and it's a little hard to escape the notion that she was  a small, unarmed woman, yes acting aggressively, but not yet a real, deadly threat to another person.  And now she's dead.

And, I'm not saying anyone is yet employing a double standard.  But I think it's something to be mindful of, when you are sympathetic/not sympathetic to the deceased's "cause."

i get that - and the loss of life due to the use of deadly force should never be viewed flippantly.  we should always take a look back when things have calmed with the benefit of hindsight to determine if things could have been done differently to preserve that lost life, as well as to ensure that said use of force was lawful given the facts.

i don't believe the facts allow for much of a debate on this one.  if you watch the video that is from behind the whole situation, you can clearly tell this was a "defensive seige point" and that it was the barricade between the rioters and congressional members.  there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that strict orders were relayed to those guys defensively holding that line that use of lethal force was authorized to maintain that last line.  the rioters met virtually no resistance in the process of overtaking the capitol and clearly felt emboldened.  in one of the longer videos from behind, you can hear lots of loud voices egging people at the front (including this woman) to "go go go go" and to break across the threshold.  you can also hear secret service guys yelling and warning them not to while the dickless capitol police guys on the other side of the barricade have absolutely no idea what to do.  the guys on the other side of the line can see these aggressive protestors are pushing forward and many are armed with long rifles.  she got caught up in the frenzied moment and felt emboldened by any lack of resistance theretofore - so she went for it.

now she's dead.

if, in fact, with the benefit of hindsight, we determine that the facts are consistent with that which they appear to be, then i don't believe it is inconsistent to see this as a lawful use of deadly force as opposed to they types that receive social criticism as unnecessarily lethal, if not criminal.

Edited by sidis

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This was an online poll, right?  I would say that this looks very suspicious, and I would not really trust this poll.

Check the rating of YouGov. It's not that bad.

Disclaimer: I regularly get polling invites from them. I don't get to pick the survey and sometimes they say I don't qualify.

9 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

NFL players taking a knee during the anthem as a peaceful protest was equated to treason, yet a coup attempt while Congress is in session, including removal of American flags and replacing with Trump flags, is supported by 45% of Republicans?  I really hope this is just skewed results based on sample size or demographic.

They also sent a lot of them to Georgia.

Can we get some runner-up trophies or ribbons for these MAGA snowflakes?

"CAPITOL BREACH 2021:  PARTICIPANT"  

maybe some orange slices?  They gotta be hungry after all that useless movement yesterday.  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

if, in fact, with the benefit of hindsight, we determine that the facts are consistent with that which they appear to be, then i don't believe it is inconsistent to see this as a lawful use of deadly force as opposed to they types that receive social criticism as unnecessarily lethal, if not criminal.

Completely agree.

However, it is pretty common round these parts for any "defense" of cops, no matter how mild or rational, to be excoriated and equated with white supremacy or other grave character defects.

Not sayin.  Just sayin.

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have been purging my "conservative" connections.  At this point, fuck all these people.  I no longer tolerate their stupidity.  

I've 86'd most of mine but still have a dozen or so.  90% of them are blaming Antifa and "stolen election".   None of them have backed off their "election was stolen" soapbox. 

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/flight-attendant-union-wants-ban-pro-trump-riotors-flights

After chaos ensued on flights to the D.C. area in the days leading up to Wednesday's riots at the U.S. Capitol, a flight attendants union is seeking to ban the offending pro-Trump demonstrators from planes. 

The president of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, which represents employees at 17 airlines such as United, Alaska and Spirit, said the pro-Trump protesters should be prohibited from flying on commercial aircraft leaving Washington after displaying "mob mentality behavior" on planes. 

"The mob mentality behavior that took place on several flights to the D.C. area yesterday was unacceptable and threatened the safety and security of every single person on board," Sara Nelson, president of the union, said in a statement released Wednesday. 

Following Wednesday's events, the flight attendants union encouraged law enforcement, airlines and organizations like the Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Transportation to uphold passenger safety and crew members. 

"We are taking a hard line for flight safety and we are encouraging airlines, government agencies and law enforcement to help keep problems off our flights. It is important we maintain order and calm in our cabins – for safety and security immediately and for confidence in air safety among the traveling public," per a statement posted to the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA’s website. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't want to do the exact math, but of the House GOP caucus' 211 members, 179 of them are in districts rated "safe or solid R" and won by anywhere from 9 to 100 points (uncontested). 

So the fact that of the 84% who could shoot a constituent while snorting coke off Putin's dick and pissing on the American flag and still win easily in 2022, some had the fortitude to say no. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Can we get some runner-up trophies or ribbons for these MAGA snowflakes?

"CAPITOL BREACH 2021:  PARTICIPANT"  

maybe some orange slices?  They gotta be hungry after all that useless movement yesterday.  

If you think these aggy fucks aren’t creating dork tshirts right now, you are wrong

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have been purging my "conservative" connections.  At this point, fuck all these people.  I no longer tolerate their stupidity.  

I'm am much less civil of late. I think it was @Huckleberry that advised the response to them to be something along the lines of  "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," and "huh, I never realized you were that stupid," and it's been pretty effective.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you haven't seen this, it is fucking beautiful. This is the Q-anon chick eating a bullet. It is a tragedy that every Trump supporter that attacked the Capitol didn't die the exact same way.

I think I mentioned it a couple of days ago that I didn't want peaceful protestors (for Trump) treated the same way the Black Lives Matter and Anit-fascist peaceful protestors were (by beating and gassing peaceful protestors). That wrong is wrong. That video above is not a peaceful protest and frankly, if they had shot everyone of them banging on the glass I don't think I'd have blinked.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Interesting.  Cuomo and Lemon last night were less subtle.  Straight up Lemon said THEY WERE LETTING THEM IN! 

Lemon and Cuomo are the opinion wing of CNN, right?  Likely what's driving the difference in tone, the journalistic side has to be a little more circumspect.  

To those who think every person who breached the capital doors should have been shot, while I agree with the sentiment, the more practical thing to do would have been to set up a perimeter and arrest every single one of them. We don't know that there weren't foreign agents in there, and capturing them alive would do much towards breaking up espionage rings as well as investigating those who actually organized and planned this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Move them all to Waco.  Then summon Janet Reno from the nether.

• Like 1

For those that are shocked that I am taking a hard line on traitor Trump, Cruz, Hawley, Gaetz, and the seditionists and enemies of this country...

It should not surprise you.  I believe in the rule of law.  I believe that the law, even if it is a bad one, should be followed until it can be changed legitimately through the legislature, which is how our government is designed.  I do not agree with the ceeding of power to the Executive Branch that started during the Obama administration due to Congressional gridlock (And for that, I largely blame the GOP because they were great big titty babys), and increased during the Trump shitshow.   I also believe that the Legislature is as much to blame for that phenomenon as they refused to do their fucking jobs.    

In 2016, I was an actual Gary Johnson voter.  I cannot stand HRC, and that is a very personal thing. I also lived in Texas, and if all of us who voted for Gary Johnson in Texas had switched our votes and went HRC (whch I think a vast majority of us would probably do given what has transpired over the last 4 years), Trump still would have taken Texas.  

I completely agree with Dan Kildee from Michigan.  People who have supported this, I cannot look at them.  I am going to lose family and friends over my hard line stance against Trump and his supporters, but fuck it.  These people deserve no quarter, no understanding.  Unless they realize what they have done, what they have supported, and they apolgize and MEAN IT, I am done.  

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Only 25% of Americans admit to being Republican.  45% of 25% makes sense and is appalling but not nearly as bad...

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yikes.  Christ.

Still have a nagging belief that that shooting was unwarranted.

The death was unwarranted.  Think of all the decisions and influence she had to transact & process to go from sitting at home, to packing up her shit and heading down to D.C. to participate in a fight.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

To those who think every person who breached the capital doors should have been shot, while I agree with the sentiment, the more practical thing to do would have been to set up a perimeter and arrest every single one of them. We don't know that there weren't foreign agents in there, and capturing them alive would do much towards breaking up espionage rings as well as investigating those who actually organized and planned this.

While I agree with your sentiment, they people defending the members were not in that scenario. They should of had the resources to arrest any person that tried to jump the fences and rails outside. This was not that. This was a barricaded door inside a Capitol. They were the last line between terrorist and congressman. Deadly force was warranted 

• Hook 'Em 9

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

According to the Twitters one of the cardiac arrests was the result of one of rioters shooting himself in the balls with a taser gun. 

I want this to be true. 

Ow my balls and idiocracy are prophecy 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, I would encourage EVERY single person to send the FBI a tip that basically says just this.  This is who incited this violence.  

I did and told them it was an internet acquiantance that goes by "Anastasis" who provided the tip.  I also added that he has mentioned he owns a substantial firearm collection but I'm pretty sure they are all legally registered - but I can't verify that for sure.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

it's a little hard to escape the notion that she was  a small, unarmed woman, yes acting aggressively, but not yet a real, deadly threat to another person. 

She was a terrorist attacking Congress, while in session, to stop the election process.

She was an active enemy of the Unites States.

The only regret anyone should have is that we didn't get to kill her twice. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1