The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

Just now, BearSchlong said:

Notice how none of those other passes tried to breach the door or climb through the window after she was shot?

But they made it in somehow didn't they?  Did the security retreat after they realized they killed someone and shit might really go down?

9 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you haven't seen this, it is fucking beautiful. This is the Q-anon chick eating a bullet. It is a tragedy that every Trump supporter that attacked the Capitol didn't die the exact same way.

I wonder if the SS guy saw the long guns of the cops moving around on the other side of the glass and decided to pop the first person trying to push through the door.  The cops on the inside of the door looks like they even started to engage the SS guy before thinking it through.  What a clusterfuck.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yikes.  Christ.

Still have a nagging belief that that shooting was unwarranted.

It was absolutely warranted. Were the two guys supposed to try and arrest 400 people breaching their barricaded door?

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

While I agree with your sentiment, they people defending the members were not in that scenario. They should of had the resources to arrest any person that tried to jump the fences and rails outside. This was not that. This was a barricaded door inside a Capitol. They were the last line between terrorist and congressman. Deadly force was warranted 

If I stormed the capitol while congress was in session, I would 100% expect to be shot and killed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Fucking Nazis Trumpists on full display yesterday storming the Capitol.

52 arrests. Hours before other LE and National Guard showed up. Plenty of time for many to just walk away. Silence from those responsible for security and response.

No, nothing suspicious here at all.

I hadn't thought of the likelihood of foreign spies among crowd. This whole thing just got more treasonous. 

Resignations and oratory should not save the traitors from the full force of prosecution. Jail the malefactors and send Putin a note: Well played.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They should of had the resources to arrest any person that tried to jump the fences and rails outside. This was not that. This was a barricaded door inside a Capitol. They were the last line between terrorist and congressman. Deadly force was warranted 

Absolutely it was warranted.  

And actually a case could be made for having a firing squad lined up at every entry point and shooting every single person who breached a door or window in the first place.  

Edited by TexArcher

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I do not agree with the ceeding of power to the Executive Branch that started during the Obama administration due to Congressional gridlock (And for that, I largely blame the GOP because they were great big titty babys), and increased during the Trump shitshow. 

Just an historical point.

The accretion of power to the executive did not begin with Obama, or even Bush or Clinton.  It has been slowly building over decades.  Dick Cheney and many of the "neocons" in the Shrub administration were strong advocates of the "imperial presidency," but it didn't start with them, they were just loud about it.

It started "by accident," when Congress created more and more executive agencies (EPA, etc.) to deal with issues that they were a) not competent to handle and b) unwilling to take the political hits on.  "Excuse" a) is a legitimate thing, but, it has probably gone overboard as once Congress creates the agency, they tend to abdicate all responsibility in the area (this is kind of the root of Gorsuch's hard-on for the administrative state and Chevron deference).

Executive exertion of control over these agencies, and "gap-filling" by Executive Order have been steadily increasing for decades.  It's just a little more obvious in times of gridlock.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I've 86'd most of mine but still have a dozen or so.  90% of them are blaming Antifa and "stolen election".   None of them have backed off their "election was stolen" soapbox. 

Mine were asking me to go back on my Facebook feed and prove I condemned the violence in Seattle and Portland this summer....

Yeah, these people are fucking brainwashed.  

It was absolutely warranted. Were the two guys supposed to try and arrest 400 people breaching their barricaded door?

Agreed.

And if it was indeed a SS agent protecting someone in the line of succession, they're lucky more didn't get shot.

You come at someone the Secret Service is protecting, you better be ready to die.  They're not going to hold back. 

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

She was a terrorist attacking Congress, while in session, to stop the election process.

She was an active enemy of the Unites States.

The only regret anyone should have is that we didn't get to kill her twice. 

The regret is they didn’t drop many more traitors 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I will never call that video "fucking beautiful." I see how and why it happened and why the use of such force could be deemed necessary in the situation of people trying to breach the building holding several members of the line of succession. I wish she was maced, tazed, and arrested.

I wish the government could buy everyone their own private island, and a Ferrari. Wishing is fun, isn't it!

Some of us have to live in the real world. 

I'll always be happy when a terrorist who attacks the United States gets the justice they have coming. 

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

But they made it in somehow didn't they?  Did the security retreat after they realized they killed someone and shit might really go down?

No, they retreated after securing the Senators and Representatives. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Just an historical point.

The accretion of power to the executive did not begin with Obama, or even Bush or Clinton.  It has been slowly building over decades.

It started "by accident," when Congress created more and more executive agencies (EPA, etc.) to deal with issues that they were a) not competent to handle and b) unwilling to take the political hits on.  "Excuse" a) is a legitimate thing, but, it has probably gone overboard as once Congress creates the agency, they tend to abdicate all responsibility in the area (this is kind of the root of Gorsuch's hard-on for the administrative state and Chevron deference).

Executive exertion of control over these agencies, and "gap-filling" by Executive Order have been steadily increasing for decades.  It's just a little more obvious in times of gridlock.

Thanks for that.  Admittedly, prior to this president, I haven't paid as much attention.  I started to really go back and do reading this year since there wasn't much else to do.  Well, I am political now.  I will not run for office, but I will do my damnedest to get heard.  I am trying to figure out how to do that at the moment.  Any suggestions from the surl?

More proof of coordination 

Of course it's not plausible.

Trump's FBI and DHS were fine with it.  Chad Wolf was probably jerking it from whatever Middle East country he's in for his victory lap tour watching it on TV. 

Let me clear on my position, much more deadly force should have been used to defend the Capitol. Anyone breaking down a door or window, instant justification for deadly force as soon as their body crossed the threshold.

ive only been close one time to shooting someone. 10pm at night and some idiot violently banging on my front door. I immediately called the police. I was set up with a firearm and told myself, the second he crosses the door way, he’s dead. Thankfully the police shows up but that man was very close to meeting his maker that night 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I did and told them it was an internet acquiantance that goes by "Anastasis" who provided the tip.  I also added that he has mentioned he owns a substantial firearm collection but I'm pretty sure they are all legally registered - but I can't verify that for sure.

A lot of people are saying....

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

While I agree with your sentiment, they people defending the members were not in that scenario. They should of had the resources to arrest any person that tried to jump the fences and rails outside. This was not that. This was a barricaded door inside a Capitol. They were the last line between terrorist and congressman. Deadly force was warranted 

We are not in disagreement on this case. Protect the line of succession. Protect every sitting member of Congress and anybody else who works for them. I was more commenting on the shoot every person who pokes their head in any door or window of the capital when the occupants have taken shelter in one room already.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If you haven't seen this, it is fucking beautiful. This is the Q-anon chick eating a bullet. It is a tragedy that every Trump supporter that attacked the Capitol didn't die the exact same way.

there is nothing "beautiful" about that.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the rioters, but nothing about that makes me feel good.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I'd never seen one before but i just saw a "Q" sticker next to a "get on board the trump train" sticker on an SUV in Austin. Looked like it was driven by a dumpy 40 something woman. The fuck? This is real life? These insane idiots are truly all around us.

51rzJEy7OpL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Maybe learn a few Q phrases, mumble them to her, then tell her you got to her just in time because "they" are monitoring her through her coffee cup, devices, and credit cards. Get her to give you all that stuff so she can have 5 minutes lead time to escape the drone strike.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fair.  I don't know all the details.  I had originally thought she was shot from behind by the aforementioned M4 wielding dude.

I try to look at all sides of the thing and it's a little hard to escape the notion that she was  a small, unarmed woman, yes acting aggressively, but not yet a real, deadly threat to another person.  And now she's dead.

And, I'm not saying anyone is yet employing a double standard.  But I think it's something to be mindful of, when you are sympathetic/not sympathetic to the deceased's "cause."

No. You're just wrong here. This isn't any place. This wasn't any time. It was the Capitol with Congress in session and multiple individuals in the line of succession in the building. An overwhelming display of force was warranted to keep things from escalating the way they did. The Capitol Police failed (and perhaps assisted in the attack). Those people could not be allowed into a room with almost all the critical members of our government. Any and all force could have and should have been used as soon as that became a possibility. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, The Dog said:

My conservative friends have been veeery quiet. 

The Trump supporters in my orbit have been fairly quiet, with a few even saying that Trump shouldn’t have encouraged them to go to the Capitol.    It’s sad that it took yesterday for some of them to finally face up to who Trump really is.  

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

52 arrests. Hours before other LE and National Guard showed up. Plenty of time for many to just walk away. Silence from those responsible for security and response.

No, nothing suspicious here at all.

I hadn't thought of the likelihood of foreign spies among crowd. This whole thing just got more treasonous. 

Resignations and oratory should not save the traitors from the full force of prosecution. Jail the malefactors and send Putin a note: Well played.

I'm going to repeat this every time someone mentions the arrests. 47 of those 52 arrests were for breaking curfew. Fucking inexcusable 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Considering that was the (presumably) only shot fired inside, is it safe to assume that Pence or Pelosi was close by?

Or Grassley.  Someone in the line was nearby or inside that office. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The Trump supporters in my orbit have been fairly quiet, with a few even saying that Trump shouldn’t have encouraged them to go to the Capitol.    It’s sad that it took yesterday for some of them to finally face up to who Trump really is.  

They’re just too busy posting nonsense online.  Trust me, they’re not quiet.  Oh...and fuck them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

There is a 150% chance that when congressional committees do a post-mortem on what happened here they will find that Trump and his cronies did things to ensure the capitol would not be protected. Thank goodness the Senate will have power to investigate now. Heads need to roll. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Likely armed persons storming past police while Congress is in session should warrant deadly force. Anyone not shot should have been arrested. This is not a fucking game- but the police were intentionally under staffed and the Army Secretary refused requests (both before Jan. 6, and initially also on Jan. 6) to send in the National Guard. There needs to be a full investigation as to who was behind these fuck ups and they should go to prison 

• Hook 'Em 5

Yikes.  Christ.
Still have a nagging belief that that shooting was unwarranted.

How?
Our legislative branch was forcibly seized by a group vocally planning to overthrow the govt.
The proper response should have been to shoot anyone who crossed the threshold until they stopped coming; and they would have.
Now we have severely compromised our national security.
These freaks are emboldened.
Many more will die.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

There is a 150% chance that when congressional committees do a post-mortem on what happened here they will find that Trump and his cronies did things to ensure the capitol would not be protected. Thank goodness the Senate will have power to investigate now. Heads need to roll. 

Thank you, Georgia.  You may not be able to beat Alabama on the field, but you did this country a solid 2 days ago. 

• Hook 'Em 7

59 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fair.  I don't know all the details.  I had originally thought she was shot from behind by the aforementioned M4 wielding dude.

[b]I try to look at all sides of the thing and it's a little hard to escape the notion that she was  a small, unarmed woman, yes acting aggressively, but not yet a real, deadly threat to another person.  And now she's dead.[/b]

And, I'm not saying anyone is yet employing a double standard.  But I think it's something to be mindful of, when you are sympathetic/not sympathetic to the deceased's "cause."

She also had a backpack on.  What was in the backpack?

• Hook 'Em 1