Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 7/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, SKJ said:

I watched it. 

The only question I had was why they didn't open fire on the insurrectionists?

They each had probably 4 mags each, and it's not like they'd have trouble hitting in such a target rich environment

I've said this before -- I don't care what your political beliefs are. If you attempt to enter the Capitol building with intent to harm people, destroy property, or obstruct the democratic process you should be shot right then and there. Proud Boys, Antifa, whoever. 

• Like 9

After storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, a Northern Virginia man began forming his own militia-like group in the D.C. suburbs and building up a supply of explosives under the guise of a Bible study group, according to federal prosecutors.

Fi Duong, 27, appeared in court Friday and was released to home confinement pending trial, over the objections of prosecutors who sought stricter terms. According to the court record, at the time of his arrest he had several guns, including an AK-47, and the material to make 50 molotov cocktails. Details of the case were made public Tuesday.

An attorney for Duong declined to comment.

Duong entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to prosecutors, telling an undercover federal agent that he climbed the building wall, delivered a letter to lawmakers and filmed others opening a door to the building with a crowbar.

ADVERTISING

An undercover officer with the D.C. police first encountered Duong at the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the government. Duong described himself as an “operator” and later explained that he wore all black to look like an anti-fascist activist, the government alleged in court documents.

In video later seen by investigators, Duong is identified in court documents as shouting “We’re coming for you Nancy” and pushing a fellow protester toward the doors on the Senate side of the building.

They stayed in touch, and a week later Duong allegedly told the undercover officer he was part of a “cloak and dagger” group that will “build resistances . . . for what will inevitably come.” In March, he told associates, “Keep your guns and be ready to use them.”

He and others held “Bible study” where they discussed firearms and other training, according to court documents; Duong also brought someone he described as a “three percenter” to one meeting. The right-wing Three Percenters movement, formed in 2008, is named after the false claim that only 3 percent of colonists fought in the American Revolution. Several adherents have been charged with conspiring to storm the Capitol. Duong said he had attended some rallies with the group but preferred to stay independent.

Alleged supporters of right-wing Three Percenters group charged in new Jan. 6 Capitol riot conspiracy

Explaining that two generations of his family had fled communist regimes in China and Vietnam before immigrating to the United States, according to court documents, Duong is quoted saying, “Now we’re here. And at a certain point, you just gotta make a stand.”

He talked about surveilling the Capitol building, and in February an associate took some footage of it, according to prosecutors. He also talked about freeing alleged rioters who were behind bars, saying, according to the government, “I see that as an opportunity. With every great revolution, you go to the prisons and you break them out.”

According to the court documents, he and the undercover agent toured the jail in Lorton, Va., where he talked about testing out explosives.

He told the agent, the government alleged, that he was working on a “manifesto,” saying, “If I get into a gun fight with the feds and I don’t make it, I want to be able to transfer as much wisdom to my son as possible.” Prosecutors say he also discussed how far he could shoot on his family’s property in the event of a raid and said it could be the site of a second Waco — a reference to the deadly 1993 confrontation with federal agents in Texas.

He said at a meeting in June that he had collected Styrofoam and more than 50 wine bottles to make molotov cocktails but had held off on buying fuel “to avoid . . . being hit with a conspiracy charge,” according to the complaint filed against him. He told the undercover agent he had been saving motor oil from his car for that purpose.

But he also said he would prefer a peaceful secession of Appalachia to a violent conflict, according to the record, and that all his preparations were for “defense.” The molotov cocktails, he told the agent, were for disabling armored vehicles. He repeatedly put off plans to actually test the explosives.

U.S. Magistrate Judge G. Michael Harvey declined to impose tougher restrictions on Duong’s release, noting that the government did not seek to jail Duong as a flight risk or threat to the community. He is charged with illegally entering the Capitol, obstructing the vote count and disorderly conduct — but not with planning or committing violence.

Harvey said Duong had no criminal record and had demonstrated ties to the community; he is employed and lives with his parents and child in Alexandria.

The undercover agent “gave him every opportunity to step over the line, and at every point he chose not to,” Harvey said. “Someone who showed so much concern for what the legal lines are should be given the opportunity — to show he can continue to stay within the lines.”

"He said at a meeting in June that he had collected Styrofoam and more than 50 wine bottles to make molotov cocktails but had held off on buying fuel “to avoid . . . being hit with a conspiracy charge,” according to the complaint filed against him. He told the undercover agent he had been saving motor oil from his car for that purpose. "

Attention everyone at this gathering of people who are gathered for the purpose of engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow the government.  I am not going to buy one ingredient for these mootov cocktails because I am a very smart person and want to avoid conspiracy charges. 

Edited by Continental Op
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Continental Op said:

"He said at a meeting in June that he had collected Styrofoam and more than 50 wine bottles to make molotov cocktails but had held off on buying fuel “to avoid . . . being hit with a conspiracy charge,” according to the complaint filed against him. He told the undercover agent he had been saving motor oil from his car for that purpose. "

Straight out of the Anarchist's Cookbook, 1980s Edition.

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oregon Trail generation dammit!

Then that doesn't explain why you were playing Oregon Trail as a a K-8 kid in 1984 and still buying Star Wars toys in 1999.  What the hell happened to you in high school man?  

Guest Lobo

I'll give you credit, Biff.  You were probably the only guy buying Jar Jar Binks/prequel toys at age 19 who didn't end up joining Proud Bois.  

Guest Lobo

Was that wrong?  Because I think models like that are awesome.  Unless you start disassembling it and find a bunch of lego guys with holes in them buried underneath 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll give you credit, Biff.  You were probably the only guy buying Jar Jar Binks/prequel toys at age 19 who didn't end up joining Proud Bois.  

I didn't buy shit.  It came with a taco bell meal for my friend's little brother.  But still fuck you guys.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I may or may not have used a similar recipe in high school to melt a Jar Jar Binks action figure. 

Let me know when all y'all steal a bunch of kid sister's Barbies and set up a crucifiction/burial pyre scene.

If I wake up in a Stephen King novel, that is one little patch of woods I will not revisit for fear that something waits.

Guest Lobo

Sure it came with a non-existent Taco Bell happy meal during a Star Wars crossover promotion that never happened, dude.  Did you pick up some extra tacos for your then hot girlfriend that totally went to a different school in Canada?  

I'm not judging, I was burning G.I. Joe guys until I was like 11 or 12.  I tried waterboarding them but I got in trouble with mom for getting the carpet wet. But they talked, they all talk eventually.  

Guest Lobo
7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I didn't buy shit.  It came with a taco bell meal for my friend's little brother.  But still fuck you guys.

Just now, Lobo said:

Sure it came with a non-existent Taco Bell happy meal during a Star Wars crossover promotion that never happened, dude.  Did you pick up some extra tacos for your then hot girlfriend that totally went to a different school in Canada?  

I'm not judging, I was burning G.I. Joe guys until I was like 11 or 12.  I tried waterboarding them but I got in trouble with mom for getting the carpet wet. But they talked, they all talk eventually.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Was that wrong?  Because I think models like that are awesome.  Unless you start disassembling it and find a bunch of lego guys with holes in them buried underneath 

Or use it as a scale model to plan battle tactics.

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Or use it as a scale model to plan battle tactics.

I'd love to hear the audio from that dude's mobile phone as he was running around the inside of the Capitol looking for Congressmen to kidnap.

Robert:  "Go left, go left!  Wait!  Dammit!  There's supposed to be a bunch of long blue bricks here, like an 8 peg long plate piece, a bunch of 'em.  Fuck!  Where the hell are we?"  

Other co-conspirator:  "Dude, think for a second.  What scale did you use, that should tell us how many feet or yards off we are to the right hallway.  Just do the math bro!"  

Robert:  "I didn't do any fucking math man.  If I could do math, would I fucking be here right now?"  

Edited by Lobo

Within a week, court papers say, the undercover police officer had introduced Mr. Duong to an undercover F.B.I. agent. Speaking freely, Mr. Duong told the agent that he was part of a “cloak and dagger” militia-style group trying to assemble a “robust network” of “freedom-loving, liberty-minded” Second Amendment supporters. He explained that his family had “spent two generations running from Communists” in China and Vietnam and then admitted he had been at the Capitol on Jan. 6 “wearing all black in an effort to look like a member of antifa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/06/us/politics/fi-duong-jan-6-riot.html

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Within a week, court papers say, the undercover police officer had introduced Mr. Duong to an undercover F.B.I. agent. Speaking freely, Mr. Duong told the agent that he was part of a “cloak and dagger” militia-style group trying to assemble a “robust network” of “freedom-loving, liberty-minded” Second Amendment supporters. He explained that his family had “spent two generations running from Communists” in China and Vietnam and then admitted he had been at the Capitol on Jan. 6 “wearing all black in an effort to look like a member of antifa.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/06/us/politics/fi-duong-jan-6-riot.html

Looks like Mr. Dong is a dickhead.

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-shaman-jacob-chansley-loses-bid-freedom-ahead-capitol-riot-trial-1605642

Judge Royce Lamberth for the United States District Court in the District of Columbia disagreed. While he appreciated the argument, Lamberth said in a hearing that Watkins failed to present any material evidence that wasn't available when Lamberth made his original ruling to confine Chansley to the custody of the state until the trial.

I remember a former Facebook friend posting pics shortly after 1/6 showing that guy in full regalia at a George Floyd protest or something like it as proof that he is actually antifa.  

I put the picture in context for him by showing that he was there to counter protest.  No response.

I’m sure he still thinks either it was a bad thing that antifa did or a good thing that patriots did. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This sounds like a man who doesn't own a single piece of clothing that wasn't prefaced with the word "Tactical" on the tag.

I am no longer kidding when I write shit like this-----

We are leaving money on the table. 

Do you have any idea what we could earn just using the already established Trump schwag?  But by putting "Tactical" on the name and charging twice as much?  And just add a token velcro pocket to the shirt, scruff up the MAGA hat bill and add a removable velcro feature and cool looking metallic adjuster in back with a hideout pocket under the top button?  MAGA gerber pens with little window breaker pins on them to instigate your next insurrection.  Just normal looking Trump shit but called "The Tactical Line" for Trump's most ardent soldiers, I mean supporters.  Just stitch some cheap, cosmetic shit on there to make 'em feel tough.  My god, the money we could make.  

Guest Lobo

MAGA tactical crocs or orthopedic sandals.  MAGA tactical capri pants for the special lady in your life.  MAGA tactical gloves, MAGA tactical sunglasses, there is literally no merchandise that exists right now for MAGA nation that we can't slap some cheap shit on top of and call it "The Tactical Line" and charge a premium.  

Even appropriate the flag and highlight one of the red stripes and call that the "Tactical Line"...Maybe highlight the Georgia "stripe" on the flag just to fuck with 'em.  That'd be our brand logo to demonstrate that the product you've just purchsed not only shows your support of Trump, your patriotism, is well made, but meets the stringent tactical requirements of a shitty factory manager in Foshan, China.  

MAGA tactical crocs or orthopedic sandals.  MAGA tactical capri pants for the special lady in your life.  MAGA tactical gloves, MAGA tactical sunglasses, there is literally no merchandise that exists right now for MAGA nation that we can't slap some cheap shit on top of and call it "The Tactical Line" and charge a premium.  
Even appropriate the flag and highlight one of the red stripes and call that the "Tactical Line"...Maybe highlight the Georgia "stripe" on the flag just to fuck with 'em.  That'd be our brand logo to demonstrate that the product you've just purchsed not only shows your support of Trump, your patriotism, is well made, but meets the stringent tactical requirements of a shitty factory manager in Foshan, China.  

I’m in.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

MAGA tactical Keens are also a must.

But think even BIGGER.

A MAGA tactical bariatrics line would also get on that medical device gravy train.

Canes, rascals, insulin, needles, MAGA lapban......

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Here it comes.  "Political prisoners"

The FBI is communist now?  I don’t…what?  More proof these idiots have no clue what communism actually means. Just slap it on as an adjective before someone they aren’t supposed to like and they eat it up with a spoon. 

• Rage+1 1

Fi Duong, 27, appeared in court Friday and was released to home confinement pending trial, over the objections of prosecutors who sought stricter terms. 

Harvey said Duong had no criminal record and had demonstrated ties to the community; he is employed and lives with his parents and child in Alexandria.

His father, Jim Franklin, commented: "His given name was Danny Franklin, but his mother and I spent so much time saying 'fuck ya doing?' we legally changed his name."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2