Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

It would be ridiculous if a woman judge arbitrated on Watson’s behalf and gave him 6 games (or fewer or none).

Watson should be punished for his actions, and it seems all that may happen is he loses $1.035M and get paid roughly $75M during 2021 and 2022 to not play a snap. Pretty rough. The real people feeling the punishment will be Browns fans and teammates when he can’t play. The other thing floating around is the Texans being punished for hooking him up with the Houstonian room (possible loss of draft picks)…which would really only punish the fans. The McNairs (if they even had any blame in it) will still get their sellout games and tv money. Bill O’Brien was HC and GM and is long gone. The Texans’ president resigned after Caserio took over so he’s gone, and I think I heard the former director of security who gave Watson the standard form NDA is also gone. 

I don't know how they could ever prove that they got him the room explicitly for assaulting these therapists.  They could just say he asked for a hotel room near the practice facility as part of his last contract extension.  Unless there is some sort of paper trail, I doubt much happens on that.  I could absolutely be wrong though. 

9 minutes ago, DougO said:

They probably spread their cheeks and bend over for the players union again.

All of that indefinite or 2 year suspension was always nonsense and leaked by the league to try to show that they were doing something as they are well aware of public perception (facts of the case be damned).

In the end, I'll be surprised if Watson gets as many as 8 games.

• Rage+1 1

Today’s story/rumor/fan fiction by Florio is they could settle by saying 2021 was part of “time served” along with an 8 game suspension in 2022. That makes it look like an unprecedented 25 game suspension. Watson would have to repay the Texans his $10M 2021 salary if that happened along with losing half of his 2022 Browns salary (~$500k). In theory the Texans would get that $10M cap space back. 

What would be interesting is if the Texans then tried to go after the extension signing bonus, because he never played a down on that extension for Houston or Cleveland. He (retrospectively if the above scenario happened) would be considered suspended for detrimental conduct in 2021 then signed an entirely new contract when he got to Cleveland. That would be $27M more for him to return and cap space for Houston. It would also be the right thing to do, since Watson effectly got paid $37M in 2021 to do nothing but sit, tweet Future lyrics, and fight civil lawsuits. He got a new $45M signing bonus from the Browns so it’s not like he’d be getting cheated. He is the thief. 

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

This says to me that the suspension will be on the lower end. 4 games?

Agree it will be lower. I think 6-8. Also, dude is for sure a creep but the NFLPA was smart to point out NFL hypocrisy as it relates to owner conduct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Agree it will be lower. I think 6-8. Also, dude is for sure a creep but the NFLPA was smart to point out NFL hypocrisy as it relates to owner conduct.

1. I don’t think there is an owners’ conduct policy in place, but the NFLPA agreed to players conduct policy in the several iterations of collective bargaining. If the NFLPA wants a similar policy in place for owners, they should negotiate for it. 
2. Robert Kraft got a handy at a rub and tug, no assault occurred, no complaints by “masseuse” or charges filed, no civil lawsuits. Deshaun had at least 24 women who were not working at a rub and tug from whom he attempted or succeeded in getting unwanted handies or bj’s, and was sued by them.

19 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

1. I don’t think there is an owners’ conduct policy in place, but the NFLPA agreed to players conduct policy in the several iterations of collective bargaining. If the NFLPA wants a similar policy in place for owners, they should negotiate for it. 
2. Robert Kraft got a handy at a rub and tug, no assault occurred, no complaints by “masseuse” or charges filed, no civil lawsuits. Deshaun had at least 24 women who were not working at a rub and tug from whom he attempted or succeeded in getting unwanted handies or bj’s, and was sued by them.

1. Wrong. See below.

2. I’m not defending this scumbag don’t get confused. My point is the NFLPA is pointing out the asymmetrical application of the conduct policy. Kraft got zero punishment. NFLPA will accept some punishment but not indefinite suspension I believe.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/22/robert-kraft-and-all-owners-are-subject-to-nfls-personal-conduct-policy/amp/

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-owners-endorse-new-personal-conduct-policy-0ap3000000441758

• Hook 'Em 1

NFL - this single woman accused you of hitting her. Despite the fact that her friend told us that she faked it, you’re sitting 6 games.

NFL - 24 women accused you of forcing them to perform sexual acts upon them. Their accusations are consistent with each other and your behavior (hiring 87 different massage therapists) fits the pattern of a predator. You’re sitting 6 games.

Seems consistent.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

I don’t really understand the NFL fucked up sentiment. Everyone wanted Goodell’s overriding authority in matters like this taken away. An independent arbitrator was the solution to address that. This was the decision. Having said that, they could still fuck up the appeal process. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:52 PM, Nope said:

NFL appears to be attempting to pressure the woman into doing what they want…great optics, no way that backfires

6 weeks... so guess this worked for NFL

Browns with the $1mill salary 1st year of contract means Watson loses $333k for the first 6 games.  Hard to believe judge didn't fine Watson...

Did the Texans have to pay Watson while he sat out the entire season ??

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

NFL will appeal this, which begs the question of what even is the point of having this independent arbitrator, lmao. If the punishment is "too light" the NFL appeals and now Goodell is the ultimate judge again. And if she had given him a full season suspension and he appealed it....still Goodell. So it's just bizarrely pointless. Wonder if they bump it to 12 or settle on 8?

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Browns with the $1mill salary 1st year of contract means Watson loses $333k for the first 6 games.  Hard to believe judge didn't fine Watson...

Whatever has to happen to make it as easy as possible for a sexual predator. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

NFL - this single woman accused you of hitting her. Despite the fact that her friend told us that she faked it, you’re sitting 6 games.

NFL - 24 women accused you of forcing them to perform sexual acts upon them. Their accusations are consistent with each other and your behavior (hiring 87 different massage therapists) fits the pattern of a predator. You’re sitting 6 games.

Seems consistent.

I'll never understand why sports are so bad at this. The criminal justice system with thousands of courts and jurisdictions hearing hundreds of thousands of cases a year are notoriously inconsistent and yet are arguable more consistent than sports organizations that are extraordinarily small in comparison and hear relatively few grievances. It almost has to be intentional, for reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Seems consistent.

Stop making shit up.

There was no evidence of force, threat of force, or coercion.  And two grand juries found not enough evidence for anything criminal.

Watsons a creep but no sexual predator.  And all these women were conveniently repped by the smarmy lawyer friend of the McNairs.

And the NFL would be beyond stupid to appeal - yeah Goodell go ahead and man-splain to a federal female judge what is and what is not sexual assault and why Watson (who is young and black) deserves a year while the old white guy owners like Irsay, Snyder, Kraft, and Jones (for the peeping Tom settled lawsuit) deserve no punishment for their misdeeds.  

Unbelievably great trade for the Browns, who now have a franchise QB locked up for 5 years along with a stacked roster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This is a bad look, but i dont feel it fair to compare PED usage(cheating the game) and gambling on football(integrity of the game) to off field, personal life issues. There are different parameters there for sure.

Feels like a PR thing where they float ideas and see how people respond....

Zeke got six games with evidence of false charges and their own investigator stating nothing happened. Watson perved on at least 24 women. Goodell is a piece of shit. Watson gets a contract that should have been rejected by the league for its structure to avoid fines and suspension. Bi hope this stupid contract bankrupts fucking Jimmy Haslam.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is a bad look, but i dont feel it fair to compare PED usage(cheating the game) and gambling on football(integrity of the game) to off field, personal life issues. There are different parameters there for sure.

Feels like a PR thing where they float ideas and see how people respond....

Yeah, same with Garrett. Pushing and shoving in a fight, fine, but swinging a helmet at a helmetless player could cave his fucking skull in, should have been longer in my opinion. I think Zeke is the better comparison.

Everybody spazzing over 24 women when the NFL only presented five of those cases to judge Robinson and none had ANY evidence of criminal wrongdoing.  It’s crazy how many people think Watson is a rapist of multiple women, but that’s what happens these days with a media that over promises and under delivers.

Insteadof branding Watson as a serial rapist, the media should have focused on the morality of his behavior, like they did with Tiger Woods.  That angle would have at least been an honest critique rather than try to brand Watson as something he isn’t and for which there is no evidence.

21 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Stop making shit up.

There was no evidence of force, threat of force, or coercion.  And two grand juries found not enough evidence for anything criminal.

Watsons a creep but no sexual predator.  And all these women were conveniently repped by the smarmy lawyer friend of the McNairs.

And the NFL would be beyond stupid to appeal - yeah Goodell go ahead and man-splain to a federal female judge what is and what is not sexual assault and why Watson (who is young and black) deserves a year while the old white guy owners like Irsay, Snyder, Kraft, and Jones (for the peeping Tom settled lawsuit) deserve no punishment for their misdeeds.  

Unbelievably great trade for the Browns, who now have a franchise QB locked up for 5 years along with a stacked roster.

200.gif

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Louis Riddick just said Texans paid Watson while he missed games -- WOW

and judge doesn't levy any fines...  CRAZY

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Louis Riddick just said Texans paid Watson while he missed games -- WOW

and judge doesn't levy any fines...  CRAZY

I mean you say this tongue in cheek right?  It was the Texans choice not to play Watson last season.  He was under contract to the team for the entire season, so they owed him the money.  He's going to need the money to pay off his masseuses, and his attorneys.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I don’t know, blowing your load on your massage therapist’s face seems kind of violent. But hey, he’s going to wear pink shoes in October to show how much he cares about women! 

Jesus, how hard do your loads come out? 

• Haha 2