Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

^

Good callback.  Even better that he's arguably the smartest person in the country and she's arguably the stupidest.  

I mean, I still can't believe she had a senior staffer, not just some intern (Deputy Chief of Staff, IIRC)...call me back to inform me with zero sense of self-awareness or irony, that the Congresswoman was in fact not Mentally Retarded nor does she have Down's Syndrome.  And it was like 24 hours later, they had to bump legitimate constituent callbacks to call me.  Which leads me to believe, this wasn't the first time somebody close to her had to tell an outside that she's a "normal" person and not disabled.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

^

Good callback.  Even better that he's arguably the smartest person in the country and she's arguably the stupidest.  

I mean, I still can't believe she had a senior staffer, not just some intern (Deputy Chief of Staff, IIRC)...call me back to inform me with zero sense of self-awareness or irony, that the Congresswoman was in fact not Mentally Retarded nor does she have Down's Syndrome.  And it was like 24 hours later, they had to bump legitimate constituent callbacks to call me.  Which leads me to believe, this wasn't the first time somebody close to her had to tell an outside that she's a "normal" person and not disabled.  

I live next to her district, she's not getting many calls from her constituents.  

As for any that suggested hitting it once, I met her years ago, well before politics at a trade show (her dad was a fairly big contractor), and I remember her for being obviously unwell even then, and someone to stay well away from.  You know how you get a vibe when you meet someone that tells you just to steer clear?  Well imagine that, and multiply it times about 1,000.  Even then, I got the sense that she was a time bomb of sorts, I just never in a million years presumed it would potentially be on a national level.  In fact, if you had told me that at the time I'd have outright laughed in your face, and generally speaking I'm pretty polite and reserved in person.  

• Hook 'Em 2

You may know one of the guys from my floor from freshman year in college in Florida.  He was from Cartersville, GA.  His father was a big contractor in the area (near MTG's district, lotta jobs in Rome and Calhoun, IIRC).  I transferred to Texas, he transferred to Auburn.  But his dad was big into local politics.  Decades later, she comes on the scene and I asked Wes if he knew what Dave was up to lately and was he still in NW Georgia.  He was in fact living in NW Georgia and got into business with his father and they were deeply involved in politics.  So I scanned her donor list and sure enough, there they were as donors to MTG.  Last time I saw Dave was visiting him at Auburn as I rolled through on a road trip and passed out on his couch and woke up to him smoking crack so his support of MTG totally tracks.  Small world, even smaller without some of her toes.  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You may know one of the guys from my floor from freshman year in college in Florida.  He was from Cartersville, GA.  His father was a big contractor in the area (near MTG's district, lotta jobs in Rome and Calhoun, IIRC).  I transferred to Texas, he transferred to Auburn.  But his dad was big into local politics.  Decades later, she comes on the scene and I asked Wes if he knew what Dave was up to lately and was he still in NW Georgia.  He was in fact living in NW Georgia and got into business with his father and they were deeply involved in politics.  So I scanned her donor list and sure enough, there they were as donors to MTG.  Last time I saw Dave was visiting him at Auburn as I rolled through on a road trip and passed out on his couch and woke up to him smoking crack so his support of MTG totally tracks.  Small world, even smaller without some of her toes.  

It's possible that I do, I live about 15 minutes from Cartersville, and the industry is smaller than people think in that most of the major players more or less stay the same.  Additionally, heavy drug use continues to a norm in the industry.  I've never been a heavy drug user, to be honest I just don't care for any of it, but up until I set out on my own, guess who always seemed to get the random drug test?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

That Marge.  She’s a thinker. 

How hard must it be for some of her colleagues to listen to her and think, "I worked my ass off in college (and maybe grad school), then worked my ass off in a business that wasn't my dad's, and I work my ass off as a representative going over stacks of congressional reports and papers submitted by leading experts, and this dumbfuck gets elected and has a seat behind a microphone in the United States House of Motherfucking Representatives?!?!?!?!"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

How hard must it be for some of her colleagues to listen to her and think, "I worked my ass off in college (and maybe grad school), then worked my ass off in a business that wasn't my dad's, and I work my ass off as a representative going over stacks of congressional reports and papers submitted by leading experts, and this dumbfuck gets elected and has a seat behind a microphone in the United States House of Motherfucking Representatives?!?!?!?!"

Yeah, that has to make Boebert, Santos, Tuberville, etc, just burn with hate.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I hate her so much.  But she is the representative of a lot of people in the United States...

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

I’m beginning to hate them as well. 

Anti-intellectualism runs deep in our history, but we’re getting beyond the pale now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Oh, there's a WRECKONING coming America!  

-MTG

Her favorite movie is Reck-It-Wralph especially the scene with the Rench.  I mean, Whench.  

It could very well be her staff writing her tweets, not her.  I've spoken with a couple of them.  Most Congress members pick and choose mid-level staffers from grown children of friends and donors.  Just the way it goes, we're used to it.  Only problem with that in her case is that pool of talent she's pulling from is about as shallow as the nailbeds on her missing toes.