Texas -- a failed state

Brisketexan

please leave today, asap. do, don’t say. stop flapping your jaws and fucking leave you pussies 

harris county decides to stay in the US as the New Texas. we’d be the 24th biggest state. Any other Texas county can join us 

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

please leave today, asap. do, don’t say. stop flapping your jaws and fucking leave you pussies 

harris county decides to stay in the US as the New Texas. we’d be the 24th biggest state. Any other Texas county can join us 

Think of the economic powerhouse the new Harris-Travis-Dallas-Tarrant-Bexar-El Paso state would be without rural Texas dragging it down.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:08 AM, CooterBrown said:

Think of the economic powerhouse the new Harris-Travis-Dallas-Tarrant-Bexar-El Paso state would be without rural Texas dragging it down.  

two dem senators; guaranteed 

Yes, but to draw those political lines between those metro areas would be absurd and exclude a number of neighborhoods, towns, and demographics that wouldn't be accurately represented by these "political boundaries" that exclude their heritage and point of view.  

Wait for it.........................................

Why limit it to Texas?  Let all of rural America run away to be on their own.  Let's see how far they get.  Yes, getting food etc would be a bit of a struggle but with an economy that strong there would be plenty of money left over.  Handouts aren't as much poor America vs wealthy as it is rural vs urban.  Yes, I'm talking about tax dollars made in urban America that end up funding all kinds of shit in rural America...the rubes that hate handouts.  Hell, let's see how those farmers do without their 10's of billions in subsidies.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Why limit it to Texas?  Let all of rural America run away to be on their own.  Let's see how far they get.  Yes, getting food etc would be a bit of a struggle but with an economy that strong there would be plenty of money left over.  Handouts aren't as much poor America vs wealthy as it is rural vs urban.  Yes, I'm talking about tax dollars made in urban America that end up funding all kinds of shit in rural America...the rubes that hate handouts.  Hell, let's see how those farmers do without their 10's of billions in subsidies.  

We would still be in the US so we would have access to CA and other states where 90% of our food comes from anyway.  We can let Texas pull up their bootstraps and subsist on the drought ridden farms of south Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 6:16 AM, CooterBrown said:

We would still be in the US so we would have access to CA and other states where 90% of our food comes from anyway.  We can let Texas pull up their bootstraps and subsist on the drought ridden farms of south Texas.

Look, nobody wants to be the bad guy, but somebody has to. You're not invited, okay? You leave with the rest of Texas, and God willing and the creek don't rise, you'll take some of the south with you. 

16 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Does this go here?  I don't even know anymore.

I can tell you this much - I know plenty of TNG soldiers, officers and enlisted, thanks to being near Camp Mabry and knowing parents through various functions (school, Cub Scouts, etc.) and none of them are happy with any of this.  The consensus is "If I wanted to play border patrol, I would have actually joined the Border Patrol".  Hell, a few of the younger enlisted folks are probably not even making close to Border Patrol salaries while they are doing Greg's bidding.  And even if they won't say it publicly (although some will say it privately), most know that this is a stunt to try and raise Greg's profile, and his obsession with getting attention is affecting their civilian jobs, families, education, military careers, etc.  TNG could easily look a lot different a year or two from now as more soldiers either finish their contracts, retire if they can, or go unit hopping and move to another state.  And they have their own version of The Portal (used to be called the interstate transfer, not sure about now) where they can look for slots in other states' national guard units that they can fill.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Wherever there is a drowning mother, we will be there to repel them. And just to be clear, by "we" I mean guys and girls I order from my wheelchair. So, just trying to clarify here, anywho...

Wherever there are drowning kids we will beat back heroically...

ok, again. I don't want to misrepresent. *I* personally will not beat the kids. Though I would love to, being wheelchair bound as I am I will have have to delegate those duties to the simps under my thumb...

And just for documentation purposes that my lawyers have screen saved, they did it. Not me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Wherever there is a drowning mother, we will be there to repel them. And just to be clear, by "we" I mean guys and girls I order from my wheelchair. So, just trying to clarify here, anywho...

Wherever there are drowning kids we will beat back heroically...

We will be found!  For we are the Three Amigos!  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can tell you this much - I know plenty of TNG soldiers, officers and enlisted, thanks to being near Camp Mabry and knowing wives through various functions (school, Cub Scouts, etc.) and none of them are happy with any of this. --atomheartJody

Ain't no point in goin' home...

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

I'm sure the State will be making sure that those babies of rape will be well and properly cared for and will want for nothing

They become no good freeloaders who should get jobs and pull themselves up by their bootstraps the instant they are born.

37 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

That 26,000 rape related pregnancy number seems high. Is that high? I live in a non rape related pregnancy bubble.

Texas DPS had sexual assault cases at over 18k back in 2017. 26k isn't that far fetched given many probably don't make it to arrest. Though many don't also lead to pregnancy but regardless, these numbers are all not good.

Screenshot_20240124-201810.png.6716209d18cec61e9e47ce05364164ff.png

Edited by dieucla98

On 1/23/2024 at 6:06 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Again, at what point does Biden do something here?

Honestly I am getting angry, its not like his ratings could plummet any more, at some point the sinking reality is that Biden is charmin soft, Historians universally agree that the worst presidents of all time are the 3 civil war failures and DJT, I think Biden might go on this list if things continue.

51 minutes ago, linux said:

Honestly I am getting angry, its not like his ratings could plummet any more, at some point the sinking reality is that Biden is charmin soft, Historians universally agree that the worst presidents of all time are the 3 civil war failures and DJT, I think Biden might go on this list if things continue.

Israel will be his biggest failure, but I also agree that allowing this kind of rebellion plays into the narrative of him being weak. But he has been pretty successful otherwise. Beat covid, avoided a recession, got us out of Afghanistan, and confirmed a lot of sane judges. Still plenty more to do.

As far as this allegation of working with the cartels, I say he should take Texas up on their invitation and call up the people Senator Cornyn claims is defacto government of Mexico. In a perfect world, Biden directs the national guard to arrest the lawless Texas officials and then extradites them to Mexico's defacto government. After all, by Abbott's logic the border would be a war zone. As Commander in Chief, Biden would have unfettered discretion to declare someone an enemy combatant and detain them. Which means he could declare the lawless Texas officials to be enemy combatants of domestic origin.

That 26,000 rape related pregnancy number seems high. Is that high? I live in a non rape related pregnancy bubble.

That seems like a shit ton. Wonder if they count all unmarried minors as rape (statutory). It’s fucked up regardless.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:06 PM, Bullneck said:

Does this go here?  I don't even know anymore.

God, this decision is so misrepresented and misunderstood.

Texas, laughably, sued DHS for "converting" the state's property in the form of concertina wire.  The district court held that Texas couldn't sue the feds because of sovereign immunity. The Fifth Circuit stayed that order and the Supremes reversed the stay.

All it means is that the State of Texas has no current legal recourse against DHS/CBP for removing barbed wire.  SCOTUS and for that matter none of the courts ordered Texas or the feds to do or not do anything.  Nor did any of the courts weigh in on the propriety of Texas' invasion of federal sovereignty in the area of immigration.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

But he does bankroll it. And his state department has done nothing but furrow its brow (on its best days)

That would be something. The ignominy of abandoning Israel after a major terrorist attack, siding with the terror faction Hamas and Iran, and reversing a half century of policy would be massive.

One big problem is that Netanyahu has meddled in US politics at the local, state, and federal levels. And has plenty of media support and experience manipulating social media.

The US is deeply divided on the issue largely on age. Older Americans side with Israel, remembering their plight and a Cold War ally who never funded terror attacks against Americans. Younger Americans side with Palestinians, and even Hamas, due to current events and dissonance about Israel’s rights there in the first place.

It’s a quagmire. I think if Biden took your advice, it would be followed by “…and I will be resigning” as he’d have no hope for re-election and he’d be turning over the White House back to dotard.

And middle ground is not helpful either. There are plenty of misguided people who will stay away from voting due to this issue, which has no easy answers and only more and more problems.

8 hours ago, chainsaw said:

But he does bankroll it. And his state department has done nothing but furrow its brow (on its best days)

The US bankrolls it based on decades of bipartisan funding, most of which is still authorized.   Biden did not unilaterally decide to support Israel.  The situation has himover a barrel.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

The US bankrolls it based on decades of bipartisan funding, most of which is still authorized.   Biden did not unilaterally decide to support Israel.  The situation has himover a barrel.

There's a whole lot he could still do, and he's not doing it (to his electoral peril)

I'd say more but this isn't the thread for it.

15 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Israel's war against Hamas has now been raging for over 100 days. According to Ian Lustick, professor emeritus at the University of Pennsylvania, history tells us what it will take to end it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-the-war-in-gaza-ends/id1346207297?i=1000642138582

according to the professor each of israel's prior wars ended when a great or superpower stepped in and told them to stop.  once great britain, a time or two the soviets, mostly us.  so, biden's state department could end it, but it doesn't.  because the US doesn't step in to tell israel to stop until it's politically worthwhile, domestically, for the president to do so.  he then compares it to the US position on cuba, which is entirely driven by a small but politically powerful set of cuban ex-pats.