The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

18 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Nice try, skippy . It was not me and the warnings are for leaving neg rep, not trolling. You little snowflakes are a protected class now. 🤣🤣

I’m not a snowflake.  
You are clearly an idiot.  

There are two facts for you.

I think your personal attacks should cross a line but that in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2021 at 12:13 PM, hayden_horn said:

i don't recall ever issuing a warning for neg repping someone repeatedly. 

i have given breaks for straight trolling and pretty hateful off-topic namecalling though. 

I thought neg repping to the point where someone is just negging every random post unrelated to the offensive post, even going back days or weeks or months was considered harassment. That’s at least the gist of what @immamac has said to me. 

I think rep should be turned off after a post is up for some period of time -2-3 maybe 5 days. Too many unhinged people here with high rep go around trying to neg ban people on their own. If someone makes a shit post in CR and they get banned because 30 people negged it over 2 days, fine. But people getting punted or even just going red because a single poster doesn’t agree and negs all their posts Movies and hobbies from the last 3 years is BS. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I thought neg repping to the point where someone is just negging every random post unrelated to the offensive post, even going back days or weeks or months was considered harassment. That’s at least the gist of what @immamac has said to me. 

I think rep should be turned off after a post is up for some period of time -2-3 maybe 5 days. Too many unhinged people here with high rep go around trying to neg ban people on their own. If someone makes a shit post in CR and they get banned because 30 people negged it over 2 days, fine. But people getting punted or even just going red because a single poster doesn’t agree and negs all their posts Movies and hobbies from the last 3 years is BS. 

yeah going on a neg spree that just goes back into threads that are completely irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything is harassment. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

yeah going on a neg spree that just goes back into threads that are completely irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything is harassment. 

Lol...You'll have to ban half of the CR posters then.  Neg repping is a pretty stupid activity anyway.  If you don't like or agree with a post just move one.  It's not like anyone is convincing anyone else to change their position on a topic. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

i think it would help to have a rep-neutral eyeroll reaction 🙄 that's my prevailing reaction to a lot of posts lol

😏

😬

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Lol...You'll have to ban half of the CR posters then.  Neg repping is a pretty stupid activity anyway.  If you don't like or agree with a post just move one.  It's not like anyone is convincing anyone else to change their position on a topic. 

Negged

3 hours ago, immamac said:

A few people do that but who cares? I don’t think you’ve ever lost a good poster because of anything like that. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t pay much attention to what goes on in CR.I mean I neg the crap out of Sydney and ctj but nothing happens. I’ll start on you and feel free to start your own website.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

😬

Negged

A few people do that but who cares? I don’t think you’ve ever lost a good poster because of anything like that. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t pay much attention to what goes on in CR.I mean I neg the crap out of Sydney and ctj but nothing happens. I’ll start on you and feel free to start your own website.

You think that because you disagreed with the poster(s), and probably (definitely?) about something political. I’ve had quite a few in this thread on ignore at one point because every time I came across their post in dt or cr they seemed like shithead assholes talking circles round each other. However as I started spending more time in other places like movies, hobbies, etc I started occasionally reading the hidden comments and came to realize that most are normal enough outside of those 2 threads and football, and I have less on ignore now. Most of those banned posters were good posters in other places.

8 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

You think that because you disagreed with the poster(s), and probably (definitely?) about something political. I’ve had quite a few in this thread on ignore at one point because every time I came across their post in dt or cr they seemed like shithead assholes talking circles round each other. However as I started spending more time in other places like movies, hobbies, etc I started occasionally reading the hidden comments and came to realize that most are normal enough outside of those 2 threads and football, and I have less on ignore now. Most of those banned posters were good posters in other places.

Huh? Like I said I don’t really get into the CR thing and the only poster that got banned I can even think of by name is Wanker Bob. He was an idiot and asshat no matter what board he was posting on. I don’t give a shit what other people have gotten run out of CR.  The few others I recall getting crowd sourced would probably align pretty close to me politically. I’m way on the right compared to a lot of other suryly’s.

If they were good posters on other boards they should have stayed the fuck out of CR. This website does a pretty good job of policing itself.

This does kinda beg the question---can we bring back rep comments?  As stated above, nobody's behavior or opinions actually change based on neg rep...but there's something to be said for some constructive feedback.  

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

This does kinda beg the question---can we bring back rep comments?

I was going to neg you for misappropriation of "beg the question"....but then I read the rest of your post and agree.  I also think that neg comments should be publicly viewable.  Also ignore lists should be public as well. 

• Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, immamac said:

yeah going on a neg spree that just goes back into threads that are completely irrelevant and have nothing to do with anything is harassment

that's what 98% of all negs are.

The notion that their neg only deserves one neg in reciprocation is asinine, especially in this FAAFO world.

Boo fucking hoo.   If negs don't matter, and it's been repeated in this community ad nauseum, then why the subsequent squeals?

Y'all know the answer... but it cannot be stated.

Edit: If someone just went on random barrages, I'd agree with your point.  If some dumbass thought they were being cute or clever and started shit, then fuck em.

Edited by slorch

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

This does kinda beg the question---can we bring back rep comments?  As stated above, nobody's behavior or opinions actually change based on neg rep...but there's something to be said for some constructive feedback.  

negged for misusing begging the question.

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I was going to neg you for misappropriation of "beg the question"....but then I read the rest of your post and agree.  I also think that neg comments should be publicly viewable.  Also ignore lists should be public as well. 

negged for not negging misuse of beg the question

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

that's what 98% of all negs are.
The notion that their neg only deserves one neg in reciprocation is asinine, especially in this FAAFO world.
Boo fucking hoo.   If negs don't matter, and it's been repeated in this community ad nauseum, then why the subsequent squeals?

Y'all know the answer... but it cannot be stated.
Edit: If someone just went on random barrages, I'd agree with your point.  If some dumbass thought they were being cute or clever and started shit, then fuck em.

Slorch’d!

Merry Christmas!

One reason the CR is viewed as a terrible place is because things are allowed to be stated in CR that some folks would prefer never be said at all. It is terrible that people are allowed to say certain things, apparently. One example to support this statement is @immortal13’s response to @Lobo’s mentioning folks jailed for their actions on 1/6, though lobo did not mention politics when he did so. (He said they ought be beaten. Daily, I think). The comment was in response to the idea of jail beatings.

That there are people jailed for a political act is a fact. Yet any mention of those people must be confined to the terrible place. 

That some folks demand certain facts never be uttered can also be seen at local school board meetings across this nation. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Claro
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

One reason the CR is viewed as a terrible place is because things are allowed to be stated in CR that some folks would prefer never be said at all. It is terrible that people are allowed to say certain things, apparently. One example to support this statement is @immortal13’s response to @Lobo’s mentioning folks jailed for their actions on 1/6, though lobo did not mention politics when he did so. (He said they ought be beaten. Daily, I think). The comment was in response to the idea of jail beatings.

That there are people jailed for a political act is a fact. Yet any mention of those people must be confined to the terrible place. 

That some folks demand certain facts never be uttered can also be seen at local school board meetings across this nation. 

Sorry bud but the problem is that CRers are always trying to inject politics into DT threads where it doesn't belong. It's happened countless times with the goal being to derail the thread or get it moved to the CR. 

That DT response by me came from about a half dozen posts about how I was condoning prison beatings.  Since I was called out by handle, I felt it okay for me to clarify my position for the umpteenth time.  Forum didn't matter, there were two very high profile "groups" of folks I have no issue with what happens to them in prison because of the heinousness of their crimes. 

That's not political, but yeah---I get both Willfully and Immortal's points.  Plenty of instances where DT gets way too butt-hurt over something that's really just a news story.  To be fair, there have been so many news stories the last few years where I just thought, "Hey, current events in Haiti."  Didn't even occur to me that we could make a partisan issue, but shouldn't surprise us anymore.  On the other hand, lots of CR regulars will find ways to namecall and what-about-isms on DT threads (even football and others).  Look at the "Bitch about Family" thread on Lulz.  A third or more of the posts are non-CR regulars talking about their family starting stupid political/FOX news shit at the holidays.  

Anyway, this shit has run its course.  Is not political to me in the least.  It's akin to how many Americans will sometimes look at a murder case and the victims are so innocent and the means are so disturbing that you'll often hear something like, "I'm against the death penalty, but if it has to be used-this is the case to do it."  -or- "I'm not a violent man, but as a father, if I was in the room with that serial rapist---I'd take my time beating him."  Shit like that, it's in that vein.  Not really political to me, just people who are usually peaceful acknowledging vengeful rage inside every human being.

I don't care the politics of Aubrey's murderers or the idiots on January 6th.  They hunted down a human being for sport and murdered him in cold blood.  I don't like the idea of chasing down your victims for pleasure.  As for the Capitol rioters, to me it still comes down to people just don't fucking get what would have happened to the United States if even one elected official had been killed that day in the building or out front.  Political assassinations happen, particularly by lone crazies (Hinkley comes to mind).  But when they happen in coordinated fashion by angry mobs, at the Seat of Government, on live television during an upheaval of that nation's democratic elections...the rest of the world would have cut us off for a few years while we worked our shit out.  Our credit spigot would have turned off, equity and bond credits would have collapsed overnight, diplomatic partnerships would have been suspended, international air travel cut off, borders sealed, international trade slams on the brakes, etc.  For at least a matter of months, likely until my children are in high school.  We would have entered an extremely dark phase that would make the Civil War look like an intramural scuffle.  Our entire way of life would have ended in a heartbeat.  The rioters didn't understand that, and they still don't, so if somebody wants to beat that into them---I think we should all look the other way.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

As for the Capitol rioters, to me it still comes down to people just don't fucking get what would have happened to the United States if even one elected official had been killed that day in the building or out front.  Political assassinations happen, particularly by lone crazies (Hinkley comes to mind).  But when they happen in coordinated fashion by angry mobs, at the Seat of Government, on live television during an upheaval of that nation's democratic elections...the rest of the world would have cut us off for a few years while we worked our shit out.  Our credit spigot would have turned off, equity and bond credits would have collapsed overnight, diplomatic partnerships would have been suspended, international air travel cut off, borders sealed, international trade slams on the brakes, etc.  For at least a matter of months, likely until my children are in high school.  We would have entered an extremely dark phase that would make the Civil War look like an intramural scuffle.  Our entire way of life would have ended in a heartbeat.  The rioters didn't understand that, and they still don't, so if somebody wants to beat that into them---I think we should all look the other way.  

Just some patriots exercising their First Amendment rights of free speech and assembly.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

The old shaggy site was purportedly created by people fleeing the supposed heavy handed moderation of Hornfans. It’s ironic that it evolved into such a heavily moderated site here. 
I was a regular in the Cloak Room of shaggy until suspended in that post-2016 election “serious thread” nonsense (Bolverk reported me for using a “both sides” argument). 
I see no reason to return now. The Cloak Room is not a place for discussion or debate. It’s not a place to learn something or get smarter. It’s a left wing circle jerk that relies on ad hominem attacks and appeals to authority. If that’s your thing, have at it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

The old shaggy site was purportedly created by people fleeing the supposed heavy handed moderation of Hornfans. It’s ironic that it evolved into such a heavily moderated site here. 
I was a regular in the Cloak Room of shaggy until suspended in that post-2016 election “serious thread” nonsense (Bolverk reported me for using a “both sides” argument). 
I see no reason to return now. The Cloak Room is not a place for discussion or debate. It’s not a place to learn something or get smarter. It’s a left wing circle jerk that relies on ad hominem attacks and appeals to authority. If that’s your thing, have at it. 

Lol.  Ok, bud.  You do realize that those so-called “left-wing” posters are a lot of former Republican voters who recognized Trump for what he was, right?

• Haha 1

…and exactly what point are you making?

(it really doesn’t matter, but I have never voted for Trump in a primary or election, never advocated for him in any argument, told friends they were fools for falling in behind him…)

…and, hey- if you think the Cloak Room is great, that’s awesome! Have fun!

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, statsman said:

…and exactly what point are you making?

(it really doesn’t matter, but I have never voted for Trump in a primary or election, never advocated for him in any argument, told friends they were fools for falling in behind him…)

…and, hey- if you think the Cloak Room is great, that’s awesome! Have fun!

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

On 12/24/2021 at 12:04 AM, immamac said:

LOL OK. Now enforce that?  @PenelopeWitherspoon wouldn't even be here then. 

She spent 2 days negging 100s of my posts from CR to Football to get me banned. Nothing from you. 

Edited by Passive Aggressive Coach
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 5

50 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

LOL OK. Now enforce that?  @PenelopeWitherspoon wouldn't even be here then. 

She spent 2 days negging 100s of my posts from CR to Football to get me banned. Nothing from you. 

You are such a whiner.  

Sad Outer Space GIF by NASA

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4