Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

On 2/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, HookEm said:

I'm ok to give Allen another chance because he could be a special player.  But he is going to have to earn back the trust.

On 2/4/2022 at 6:55 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

One bad game and suddenly Timmy has to prove something to a fan to "earn back his trust."

Some of you just ... suck.

Not to be a dick, but I just wanted to rub this in your face one more time.

OK, I am being a dick, but it's merited. Timmy might not be clutch at the FT line late, and he definitely played poorly against Tech, but the effort is always there.

He's been our most consistent player all year and arguably our most important. He's a warrior.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

About two weeks ago, Mac Engel (Star-Telegram) wrote a butthurt article about the Horns not having any Top 25 wins after they kicked the shit out of TCU up here in FW. And how Beard is not meeting expectations. Hey Mac…that’s 3 wins over the Top 25 in the past 10 days. You can rightly go fuck yourself. Hook’em!

E465B61E-412D-48B9-A3C4-227DF67EC516.jpeg

life comes at you fast!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

About two weeks ago, Mac Engel (Star-Telegram) wrote a butthurt article about the Horns not having any Top 25 wins after they kicked the shit out of TCU up here in FW. And how Beard is not meeting expectations. Hey Mac…that’s 3 wins over the Top 25 in the past 10 days. You can rightly go fuck yourself. Hook’em!

E465B61E-412D-48B9-A3C4-227DF67EC516.jpeg

Has anyone ever seen Mac Engel and BWG in the same room?

• Haha 3

Timmy Allen had a great game today. He definitely rose to the occasion.  Like I said, he could be a special player - and today he was.  The environment at Tech definitely got to him and I stand by that though. Maybe it was just a couple of bad games. Or maybe he grew from it. Regardless I like what I’ve been seeing.

I still think Tre Mitchell is getting too many shots and minutes. 

9 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I still think Tre Mitchell is getting too many shots and minutes. 

I don't love his shots, but he was great in the first half around the basket. And I sure as hell was glad to see him come in during the last minute, relieving Febres who had been ineffective for the few minutes before the switch. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know why self was happy to guard our bigs 1 on 1 down low instead of doubling and forcing kick outs and more long jumpers but glad he did. 

hopefully he changes in Lawrence but we make 20-25 from 3. 

If this team hits 20 3s in a game someone is getting blown the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

6FB18B88-92BC-4970-BD56-0002EF733BC7.jpeg

I'd love another cut at the Friars, as they took down down Tech in Providence early in the season 72-68 in a very questionably officiated game( we wuz robbed!!!)

Great game by Texas last night.  Told y'all Beard is still coaching his ass off.

This is what Beard is like towards the end of the season, after roster churn and transfers.  

p1264997_e_h10_ad.jpg

That game and that crowd at the end.  Texas basketball has been smoldering for a while.  Hopefully this is the coach that takes us into a consistently elite category.  

It was great to see us play a little like bullies.  Great start to a brutal stretch.

Thanks for sharing the video and pics from the end of the game @LTtxfan@KingBobo81

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas now 9-6 versus Q1 and Q2 (4-5 Q1, 5-1 Q2).  

Texas's 9 Q1+Q2 wins is more than: 

• Gonzaga (7)
  • Houston (6)
  • Arizona (7)
  • Kentucky (7)
  • Villanova (8)
  • Tennessee (8)
  • Duke (7)
  • UCLA (6)

We have the same number of Q1/Q2 wins as Texas Tech and Illinois

We trail Purdue (10), Auburn (12), Kansas (12) and Baylor (11)

We should really be kicking ourselves for that fucking KSU chokejob.  We'd be 10-5 in Q1/Q2 games and undefeated at home so far. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah that ksu loss could end up costing us a spot in the conference standings/seed line.

Maybe but the top 4 are within 1.5 games of each other and Tech lost to them as well. Texas has a good shot to beat Kansas again in the final game because that will be their 3rd game in 5 days. 

If we can win the next 3 then this will get interesting down the stretch. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Maybe but the top 4 are within 1.5 games of each other and Tech lost to them as well. Texas has a good shot to beat Kansas again in the final game because that will be their 3rd game in 5 days. 

If we can win the next 3 then this will get interesting down the stretch. 

The key to the Big 12 is, as always, hold home court and pick off 1 or 2 road games.

Losing to KSU at home hurts, because you have to pick off a road game elsewhere to make up for it, plus puts more pressure on sweeping KU/Baylor/Tech at home. I like the way our schedule sets up with beating KU last night:

Beat Tech (8 wins)
Beat TCU (9 wins)

And then you just need 1 out of Baylor (home/road), @ KU, @ WV and @ OU to get to 10 wins - it's highly unlikely we lose them all.  Yes, Morgantown and Norman will be rocking, but this team can pull those off because both of those teams are not that good.  I'm really starting to believe in 11-7.  

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Texas now 9-6 versus Q1 and Q2 (4-5 Q1, 5-1 Q2).    We should really be kicking ourselves for that fucking KSU chokejob.  We'd be 10-5 in Q1/Q2 games and undefeated at home so far. 

Hopefully that k-state home loss built the fortitude Texas had last night in that big win vs Kansas.

Kinda funny, but I'll take win over Kansas if we have to take a K-State loss with it every time -- that ku win is bigger than the k-state loss

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:
Texas beats Tennessee by one: [mention=2093]Bitterwhiteguy[/mention] writes a lengthy article about how if Tennessee had hit the buzzer beater that Texas would have spiraled into a 1-7 finish to the season.

Texas beats 19-3, 8-1 Kansas in an epic, back and forth, slugfest of a game: [mention=2093]Bitterwhiteguy[/mention]
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pot399pzwjpms3oacqfma94nyi3fy8q1deojve27&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

take the win, pussy. 

He could barely contain his excitement after the game:

(That was legit his “celebration” tweet for the team he obsessively covers beating a top 10 team in a thrilling slugfest.)

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Haha 1