Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Go ahead and explain to me a plausible scenario in which Alabama doesn’t win by say 28 or more.  I’m not seeing one.  “Any given Saturday” doesn’t count as plausible. 

2005 Texas with VY at the height of his powers beat a 5-6 A&M only by 11. Since they don't play us anymore, this is their fucking Superbowl and weird shit happens at night on the road in college football.  Bama is coming off a big win at home. They've probably been laughing at the aggy game film all week. Fisher is going to take the playclock down to 1 second every time to shorten the game. Bama could easily sleepwalk through the first half. The aggie DL is still talented. They could keep the game close in the first half and A&M could get a backdoor garbage FG to cover. There's a reason why Bama is only favored by 18 and not 28. I'll take all the action you want at Bama -28. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

2005 Texas with VY at the height of his powers beat a 5-6 A&M only by 11. Since they don't play us anymore, this is their fucking Superbowl and weird shit happens at night on the road in college football.  Bama is coming off a big win at home. They've probably been laughing at the aggy game film all week. Fisher is going to take the playclock down to 1 second every time to shorten the game. Bama could easily sleepwalk through the first half. The aggie DL is still talented. They could keep the game close in the first half and A&M could get a backdoor garbage FG to cover. There's a reason why Bama is only favored by 18 and not 28. I'll take all the action you want at Bama -28. 

VY was sick that game and also told not to run so he would be as protected from injury as possible.  Mack brown and Greg Davis controlled the offense.   Your scenario is not accepted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Aggie offense sucks. They will be lucky to score against Bama. So, the only question remaining is how many points Alabama will score. I would say 28 because they will have the ball most of the game. 28-6 sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Jimbo is far too arrogant to pull some pussy shit like running the playclock down to 1 second every play. 

I do think it's possible Bama overlooks this one a bit. But they probably still subconsciously consider Aggy a tough opponent and will have heard Jimbo's pre-season beat their ass comments. Next week they have MS St so nothing to overlook this for. Plus, it's a Saban team. He's pretty good at avoiding letdowns.

It is a road game at night, but again, it's Bama. They get every team's Superbowl every week. Florida at the Swamp was likely more intimidating that a dismayed 12th man. And UF is definitely a tougher opponent this year. That said, if Bryce somehow gets shook, maybe it ends up closer than 17.5.

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Jimbo is far too arrogant to pull some pussy shit like running the playclock down to 1 second every play. 

I do think it's possible Bama overlooks this one a bit. But they probably still subconsciously consider Aggy a tough opponent and will have heard Jimbo's pre-season beat their ass comments. Next week they have MS St so nothing to overlook this for. Plus, it's a Saban team. He's pretty good at avoiding letdowns.

It is a road game at night, but again, it's Bama. They get every team's Superbowl every week. Florida at the Swamp was likely more intimidating that a dismayed 12th man. And UF is definitely a tougher opponent this year. That said, if Bryce somehow gets shook, maybe it ends up closer than 17.5.

He runs the clock down to one second in every game against favored opponents.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Aggie offense sucks. They will be lucky to score against Bama. So, the only question remaining is how many points Alabama will score. I would say 28 because they will have the ball most of the game. 28-6 sounds about right.

28 seems low tbh. Arky scored 17 in the first half on them before their QB got hurt. MS St. scored 24, basically the same amount they scored against NC St., LSU, and Memphis. Bama's offense is much better than those and Aggy just lost 2 of their top 3 corners. 

I'd say more like 38 points unless Bama just shuts it down early 

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

28 seems low tbh. Arky scored 17 in the first half on them before their QB got hurt. MS St. scored 24, basically the same amount they scored against NC St., LSU, and Memphis. Bama's offense is much better than those and Aggy just lost 2 of their top 3 corners. 

I'd say more like 38 points unless Bama just shuts it down early 

You can get Bama -10.5 for the first half, if you're worried about the backdoor cover in garbage time, when the Bama 3rd stringers come in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

See the source image\

Although if he's doing a triple fake "in plain sight" commitment by telling everybody behind-the-scenes that he's going to Bama and commits to us after putting all this Texas stuff on his Twitter, then he wins this cycle.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Aggy just couldn’t afford to lose to Arkansas, and they really couldn’t afford to Miss St. 

Their whole staff has basically been guaranteeing a 10 win season since last season ended. You can’t stop this train kind of talk. 

They are organized for a very big weekend. By organized I mean a year’s worth of recruiting plans have gone into it. A blowout loss will be catastrophic. I know that sounds hyperbolic considering they’ve already been thoroughly embarrassed, but they’ve been looking these kids in the eye and telling them this is when the program takes the next step. They simply can’t afford to get blown out. 

Say it again.. slowly this time. 

At what point do their boosters start wavering and pull back on the bags? If things continue to spiral, I would imagine people get a little less enthusiastic about throwing their money away
Bro, do you even aggy? They'll double down out of desperation, it's the fightin Texum way.

Not sure if this really helps 2022 TEXAS class numbers or not -- but definitely helps a school like Tennessee who lost so many players to portal.

This appears for now, to be approved for one year.  No decision has been made for 2023 or later... 

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-moves-to-expand-football-scholarship-limits

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure if this really helps 2022 TEXAS class numbers or not -- but definitely helps a school like Tennessee who lost so many players to portal.

This appears for now, to be approved for one year.  No decision has been made for 2023 or later... 

I think it will help us when we process guys. How many current scholarship guys can count toward 21 class? Plus these 7? How does it all work? Help HEEEELP

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sunshine of ignorance post: what if Skinner is purposely feeding the recruiting guys Bama but chooses us and Banks/Sark pull a fast on on old Nick to claim a recruiting win over him for momentum?

I don’t believe that to be the case but just a random thought. 

If that is the case then expect Saban to put a 95 point beatdown on aggy in effigy, instead of the 85 point beatdown they were going to give them from Jimbo's summer remarks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

If that is the case then expect Saban to put a 95 point beatdown on aggy in effigy, instead of the 85 point beatdown they were going to give them from Jimbo's summer remarks. 

That’s how a normal person would operate. Instead he will make it as tight of a game as possible to give aggy a moral victory that boosts their sales pitch, stalling our class and making Skinner reconsider at seasons end.

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I guess it all comes down to how much Saban was pissed off by Jimbo's "we're gonna beat his ass," comments.  Only his shrink knows for sure, so follow him to the betting window.

Not sure that is necessary.  Check Nick's record vs former assistants.  Then multiply by Jimbo kicking his ass.  

Easy cover, imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I guess it all comes down to how much Saban was pissed off by Jimbo's "we're gonna beat his ass," comments.  Only his shrink knows for sure, so follow him to the betting window.

Can you imagine Saban seeing a shrink? 

"You think I just shit out my feelings? "

"Have you ever played a sport in your life doc?"

"Is this really what you want therapy to be?"

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Having top prospects at the Texas/OU game can be tremendously positive, albeit also with some risk.

If we get blown out, it would obviously hurt. However, if we hang tough or win, that game has an atmosphere that is absolutely amazing and like nothing else in college football. Many recruits have sat in that stadium and realized how cool it would be to play in that game for the next 3-4 years.  

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Been thinking about that. Among the scenarios 1) We win, which is obviously good for us 2) We lose but in a close, hard-fought game. I think this is still good for us. We can say to recruits "we're on a level with the number 6 team in the county. We need you to put us over the top." 3) We lose in a rout. Obviously this is bad for us. Recruiting momentum evaporates.  So, to my way of thinking, two out of three are good for us.

And since the downside of #3 is going to be just as bad whether they attend the game or not, there's little downside to their attendance.

Skating by for weeks on end is usually when OU shows the fuck up against us and looks like world beaters.

It's going to be up to Sark and Thompson to dial up successful passing plays to get OU to back off the line. Or it's going to be time to employ a legit 2 RB backfield with both Robinsons in the game. 
If we've been holding anything back for a special occasion, this is it. Nothing off the table.

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
Skating by for weeks on end is usually when OU shows the fuck up against us and looks like world beaters.

It's going to be up to Sark and Thompson to dial up successful passing plays to get OU to back off the line. Or it's going to be time to employ a legit 2 RB backfield with both Robinsons in the game. 

If we've been holding anything back for a special occasion, this is it. Nothing off the table.

Run the option all day long for 10+ per carry.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting