Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can tell you that I wholeheartedly wish what you are saying is true, but that isn't the word. I'll keep wishing what you're thinking is correct right along with you, because it portends a better near term future. That said, don't start making that bet emotionally, because the truth looks a lot more like Charley Sarkisian than Nick Sarkisian so far. 

I'm not bought into Sark being successful, I just like being hopeful when I don't have enough data points to draw stronger conclusions. 

I also know we are reaching a crossroads for the program, and it would be nice if we could start stocking the cupboard before we start in the SEC. 

All this coaching turnover only sets us further behind, especially with aggy getting its shit together.

@Tex Pete Agreed, and I'm hoping he figures out something that does.

Edited by Atticus

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

the Moore news all but seals Colemans fate. Hopefully that hire is a home run.

Wonder if Sark would consider his buddy Margin Hooks. Trains a lot of top WRs right now and clearly has some sort of ability to "recruit" those guys to his training services. 

Would imagine that'd be a huge raise for Hooks. No idea if he's ever been a real coach though.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wonder if Sark would consider his buddy Margin Hooks. Trains a lot of top WRs right now and clearly has some sort of ability to "recruit" those guys to his training services. 

Would imagine that'd be a huge raise for Hooks. No idea if he's ever been a real coach though.

I know hooks. he aint interested in coaching. He makes a ton of $$ training tax-free 

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I know hooks. he aint interested in coaching. He makes a ton of $$ training tax-free 

More than the ~$500k+ a position coach makes? Damn, that would surprise me even with taxes.

Also, since you know him, please tell him to start helping his boy Sark out with Evan and these other WRs he trains. Wtf. Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Just because you don't see people becoming unhinged on the sidelines doesn't mean he isn't lighting them up during the week or in meetings. He's basically been calling players out in press conferences for the past few weeks. Guys are either weak minded or they have things other than football that they care more about. 

They really need to hit on strong mental evals in their recruiting. The culture has been a problem for a long time, and they've got to figure out a way to instill a better one and maintain it. Sam knew it was an issue, but even he wasn't able to get those other guys to follow his lead en masse. 

Herman came in and tried to instill a tough culture, but he was maybe too heavy handed in doing so, and he recruited a lot of guys who didn't take well to that style of coaching. He lost the team as a result.

Charlie did something similar initially, but he couldn't find a QB and he was an exceptionally shitty coach.

Sark is a "nicer" guy, but you can tell he is a straight shooter and he's got high expectations. Maybe if he had more bonafides, the kids would take to the coaching better, but I don't think so. The roster churn and potential culture shift will determine his ability to win here. 

I'm in this line of thinking for the moment.   I fucking hope Sark gave Moore the boot as the team needs to be sent a clear message.  Sometimes 'quiet' can come off as soft and if that's the case, he better take quick fucking action and start churning that roster now.  Maybe that motivates the guys with any promise to get their fucking shit together.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

I'm not bought into Sark being successful, I just like being hopeful when I don't have enough data points to draw stronger conclusions. 

I also know we are reaching a crossroads for the program, and it would be nice if we could start stocking the cupboard before we start in the SEC. 

All this coaching turnover only sets us further behind, especially with aggy getting its shit together.

@Tex Pete Agreed, and I'm hoping he figures out something that does.

At this point, I am assuming nothing. The season is officially a disaster and I am too tired to give a sh!t about where it all went wrong. I am willing to give Sark this offseason to for him to make up my mind. He needs to make changes. He is needs to be a brutal assassin and turn the roster over. Sprinkle in a new position coach, here and there. If he does that I will wear a I love Sark T-Shirt and free base the Burnt Orange Kool Aid in August again.  If everything is status quo, I will light CTJ's cigarette for him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

CJ from TFB with a great thread breaking down previous years of recruiting and the talent in the program. Click & read.

Just to expand. The #3 in the nation 2019 recruiting class

Bru McCoy
Jordan Whittington- Talented, but oft injured
Jake Smith
Tyler Johnson-buried on the depth chart
Tyler Owens
Kenyatta Watson
Marcus Washington-Back up WR until injury, program guy.
David Gbenda-Back-up, hasnt shown much yet.. TBD
Brayden Liebrock-was buried on depth chart, injured. No real contribution to date
Chris Adimora-Back-up, TBD
Derrian Brown
Roschon Johnson-recruited as a Qb, back-up RB. love him, but a missed evaluation. Contributor though
Isaiah Hookfin-buried on depth chart
Myron Warren
Javonne Shepherd
Jacoby Jones-starter, program guy
Marcus Tillman-Buried on depth chart. Not sure his story, but hasnt registered a stat this year
T’Vondre Sweat-potential All-Conference player.. TBD
Peter Mpagi
Caleb Johnson
Kennedy Lewis
Marques Caldwell-No stats this year, buried on the depth chart
Jared Wiley-still learning the position, TBD
Willie Tyler
Juwan Mitchell

50% is gone and not a player without a question mark. 

• Rage+1 5

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Bru McCoy
Jake Smith
Tyler Owens
Kenyatta Watson
Brayden Liebrock-was buried on depth chart, injured. No real contribution to date
Derrian Brown
Roschon Johnson-recruited as a Qb, back-up RB. love him, but a missed evaluation. Contributor though
Myron Warren
Javonne Shepherd
Marcus Tillman-Buried on depth chart. Not sure his story, but hasnt registered a stat this year
Peter Mpagi
Caleb Johnson
Kennedy Lewis
Willie Tyler
Juwan Mitchell

Tyler Johnson cares more about his career as a musician than football. Tillman tore up his knee as a freshman and hasn't been the same player since.

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Bru McCoy
Jake Smith
Tyler Owens
Kenyatta Watson
Derrian Brown
Myron Warren
Javonne Shepherd
Peter Mpagi
Caleb Johnson
Kennedy Lewis
Willie Tyler
Juwan Mitchell

Top 3 class where our best 3 recruits were WR's and 2 of them never did shit and our next best ranked player wants to be a musician instead of a football player. Take McCoy, Smith and Johnson out of that class and is it even top 15 on signing day?

And people wonder why we are in the situation we are in.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Top 3 class where our best 3 recruits were WR's and 2 of them never did shit and our next best ranked player wants to be a musician instead of a football player. Take McCoy, Smith and Johnson out of that class and is it even top 15 on signing day?

No, ANY COACH BUT SARK could get us to 9 wins! GOD! We're Texas, damnit!  

Jesus Christ, the fan base is so fucking entitled that they can't see how fucking abysmal the talent is.  The "BUT THE RECRUITING RANKINGS!!!" people need to sit down and shut up - rankings aren't worth shit when 50% of your 2019 class of should-be juniors are gone.

All these programs who keep embarrassing us have actual upper class experience and leadership. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That's before even accounting for scheme fits

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That's before even accounting for scheme fits

We wonder why we are so thin and bad at positions like LB and we look back at classes like 2019 and find out our LB takes were:

De'Gabriel Floyd- Medically retired. Never played a down.

Marcus Tillman- Special teams player his freshman year, showed promise, then gets hurt and hasn't been heard from since.

David Gbenda- Can be effective if he guesses the direction of the play correctly.

Juwan Mitchell- lol.

Caleb Johnson- LOL

5 LB's. 1 is on the depth chart this year and is a below average player, at best.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The blaming the city of Austin bit is always funny. As if there are no parties, girls, sheep, or whatever in Norman or College Station; and players at Texas are treated like royalty in a major city where most people wouldn’t recognize or cares about them while the big fish in the small ponds that are OU and aggy receive no such treatment. Okay.

Austin is Asheville, San Francisco and Portland rolled into one that’s why it’s being attributed to the charmin soft bullshit we see wearing the Burnt orange 

I'm in this line of thinking for the moment.   I fucking hope Sark gave Moore the boot as the team needs to be sent a clear message.  Sometimes 'quiet' can come off as soft and if that's the case, he better take quick fucking action and start churning that roster now.  Maybe that motivates the guys with any promise to get their fucking shit together.
Quiet? There are videos out in the ether of Sark being mic'd up when he was at USC...he's far from quiet at practice, and was getting after the refs during the clones game. I'm not worried about that part, I'm more worried about what kind of soft culture the team is immersed in, and not sure Sark is the guy to change that.

45 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Caleb Johnson- LOL

Caleb Johnson in 2020:

Saw action as a starter at inside linebacker in all 7 games ... led the Bruin team with 44 tackles and 5.5 sacks ... second on the squad in tackles for loss at 7.0 ... his 0.79 sacks per game average ranked 27th in the nation and third in the Pac-12 Conference

no clue what's happened this year, but he is absolutely the best CFB player on that list based on his 2020 alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Caleb Johnson in 2020:

no clue what's happened this year, but he is absolutely the best CFB player on that list based on his 2020 alone.

If I remember correctly, the coaches asked Johnson to go into the game against Rice in 2019 during a blowout and he quit the team on the spot.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Tyler Johnson cares more about his career as a musician than football. Tillman tore up his knee as a freshman and hasn't been the same player since.

Is he one those guys standing on 6th and Trinity asking random tourists'Hey man, do you listen to rap music' instead of watching film and working out?

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Bru McCoy
Jake Smith
Tyler Owens
Kenyatta Watson
Derrian Brown
Myron Warren
Javonne Shepherd
Peter Mpagi
Caleb Johnson
Kennedy Lewis
Willie Tyler
Juwan Mitchell

And the two bona fide starters on that list, Whittington and Jones, both went out in the OU game when this slide started. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Jester said:

Quiet? There are videos out in the ether of Sark being mic'd up when he was at USC...he's far from quiet at practice, and was getting after the refs during the clones game. I'm not worried about that part, I'm more worried about what kind of soft culture the team is immersed in, and not sure Sark is the guy to change that.

You'll have to forgive me if I slightly discount his years screaming at players <checks notes> when he was a raging alcoholic at USC.  I couldn't care less about how he treats the refs in discussing this dynamic.  Regardless, we have the same concerns on the latter part (whether Sark is quiet or a crazed lunatic behind closed doors at practice).  I'm rooting for him.  Time will tell.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stork642 said:

How can the coaches be quiet and sheepish and Sark is getting into a yelling match with Moore?  Also when the TV pans to Sark after a jacked up play he looks pretty annoyed and is many times yelling at whoever is on the headset. 

I can also confirm that after the 1st drive against Louisiana he came over and chewed the ass of every WR. Saban isn't as surly in press conferences anymore, though, if the group of fucking retards at Texas, he likely would be, but I imagine he chews plenty of ass at practice and in the locker room.

Austin is Asheville, San Francisco and Portland rolled into one that’s why it’s being attributed to the charmin soft bullshit we see wearing the Burnt orange 

lol what is even supposed to mean? Are you under the impression the roster is filled out by nabbing tech bros from Apple or Google?

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

lol what is even supposed to mean? Are you under the impression the roster is filled out by nabbing tech bros from Apple or Google?

You made the comparison to Norman or BCS.  Norman in which a running back broke the jaw of a woman and made a blip.  BCS where an old white dude asked the black QB if he was a blackie or an aggie. It barely made a tweet.  Or Austin where cry baby fucks whine about a song and March with dildos and it makes National news.  Austin doesn’t need to be a culture of woman beating racists.  But the purple haired everything offends me shit that has permeated is what people say when they say oAustin is soft. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

You made the comparison to Norman or BCS.  Norman in which a running back broke the jaw of a woman and made a blip.  BCS where an old white dude asked the black QB if he was a blackie or an aggie. It barely made a tweet.  Or Austin where cry baby fucks whine about a song and March with dildos and it makes National news.  Austin doesn’t need to be a culture of woman beating racists.  But the purple haired everything offends me shit that has permeated is what people say when they say oAustin is soft. 

lol I’m not going to escalate this into a complete threadjack/CRing, but you’re trying to push the cultural/political axe you have to grind way further than makes sense and I’ll leave it at that.
  • Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting