Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I honestly can’t remember much other than he was a total train wreck and his waffling in the final weeks leading up to NSD would have made Eggo proud. I think he had told us he was faxing his letter in and then the next thing we heard was he has sent one in to LSU.

That true @Eggo ??

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Brown should go to OSU their QB room isn’t stacked enough for the next 10 years.  I was told croots want to play 

tosu is obviously selling that at least 2 qbs will enter the transfer portal. but he'd still be better to come here and compete with ewers, than sit there for 2 more years guaranteed.

Whew. Finally caught up from 5 days and 13 pages back. I can confidently say this absolutely was a complete waste of time and certainly cost me a few IQ points. There should be an award ceremony for shittiest fucking takes and the field would be as stacked as any award ceremony in recent memory. Harvdog and his defending of coaches, RaysBoom, WinningIsHard, LonghornLove just being themselves, BO&W engaging in a cripple fight with one another dipshit, Rimbo embracing his core DNA of wanting to trust the coaches, just chef’s kiss all. 

I gotta say, I think it was Ray with the amazing, nay, astounding take of moving banks to WR coach to bring on samples and just the general idea of mixing and matching position coaches. I think he might have had Bo Davis to OC and Jeff Choate to RBs. That’s my favorite. 

Every one of you deserves a trophy, a trophy sculpted from Jeff Madden’s post holiday stool. But I don’t advocate that kind of loser culture so instead all of you can just get violently fucked. 

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Whew. Finally caught up from 5 days and 13 pages back. I can confidently say this absolutely was a complete waste of time and certainly cost me a few IQ points. There should be an award ceremony for shittiest fucking takes and the field would be as stacked as any award ceremony in recent memory. Harvdog and his defending of coaches, RaysBoom, WinningIsHard, LonghornLove just being themselves, BO&W engaging in a cripple fight with one another dipshit, Rimbo embracing his core DNA of wanting to trust the coaches, just chef’s kiss all. 

I gotta say, I think it was Ray with the amazing, nay, astounding take of moving banks to WR coach to bring on samples and just the general idea of mixing and matching position coaches. I think he might have had Bo Davis to OC and Jeff Choate to RBs. That’s my favorite. 

Every one of you deserves a trophy, a trophy sculpted from Jeff Madden’s post holiday stool. But I don’t advocate that kind of loser culture so instead all of you can just get violently fucked. 

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Animated GIF

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah…. I kinda wish we didn’t take his commitment.  What’s the bust rate again on players that commit and decommit multiple times?

Anyways…. Yay…

What’s the bust rate on kids that post the link to their merch right after committing?

On 11/17/2021 at 6:38 AM, Sir Ulrich said:

Not sure about that regarding aggy. He had visits scheduled to both recently but only went to Texas. Not saying it's likely but that's a promising data point. 

@RGBIII  Banks was at aggy last weekend and one of the Aggie 9.95ers  was at an entire summer creek practice this week to talk about his visit. Y’all can hold out hope if you’d like, but I’m telling you the data points don’t look great.  People are relying on opinions from the optimistic Texas reporters from like 4 months ago as gospel. 

16 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah…. I kinda wish we didn’t take his commitment.  What’s the bust rate again on players that commit and decommit multiple times?

Anyways…. Yay…

Get the sand out of your vagina my god. Your kids are embarrassed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

See. I read this and am reminded that it's the football board full of mouth breathing troglodytes.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Should Everyone Get a Trophy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tbh he was super serious and I just posting random bullshit to troll him. 

45 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Anyways…. Yay…

I’m pretty fucking certain at this point and over the next couple of weeks we should be in the thank god anyone wants to come here and take what we can get. Ride out the next two years then get a real coach. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

If nothing else, Guilbeau will be remembered as an all-time bizzaro world recruitment. So there's that.

He decommitted from us right when it was leaking that us and OU were going to the SEC, potentially leaving TCU in a dead conference and committed to TCU right before we beat them.

If there was any player who wouldn’t mind committing to us during a 6 game losing streak it was him. His timing has been consistently amusing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

I would say it's weird as he's been very pro Texas publicly, but at this point I'm used to being kicked in the nuts repeatedly 

To be fair their RB room is actually worse than ours. Which is saying something, I still don't understand playing for BOB though, he's the shittiest coach Saban has ever employed.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

To be fair their RB room is actually worse than ours. Which is saying something, I still don't understand playing for BOB though, he's the shittiest coach Saban has ever employed.

They've had injuries this year but their RB room is still stacked. They've got Camar Weaton in the wings, Trey Sanders if he eer gets healthy, plus the #1 back in the 22 class committed.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

An award crafted from Mad Dog’s stool would win the award for best award. 

Nahlin, Hamilton, Burton: Texas Longhorns True or False

Spoiler

Steve Sarkisian’s first season as head coach of the Texas Longhorns is coming to a close. Inside Texas’ Eric Nahlin, Bobby Burton, and Gerry Hamilton answer three true or false statements about quarterback, recruiting, and the trajectory of the Texas Longhorns under Sarkisian.

Sark will be successful at least to the level of James Franklin at Penn State

Eric Nahlin: True. It’s entirely understandable if fan confidence is shaken in Steve Sarkisian, but I’m not there personally. I saw enough of his offensive prowess to give me confidence he’ll right that side of the ball to the degree it buys him time to iron out defensive issues. But most of all, he has the most institutional support of any coach since Mack Brown in his heyday.

Gerry Hamilton: False. Franklin is in year eight at Penn State. As of today, I don’t see nearly that long of a tenure. Franklin got to a bowl game in year one and won it to create some positivity. After going 14-12 in his first two years, there were three 11-win seasons and top 10 finishes in four years. Texas won’t do that moving to the SEC. There are recruiting geography similarities between when Franklin got to Penn State and Sarkisian arrived at Texas. Penn State had to battle Urban Meyer at Ohio State, Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, and a very good Notre Dame program in the region. This was easily the toughest recruiting geography for Texas football in my two decades in the industry when Sarkisian was hired. Alabama and Ohio State were recruiting in the state, LSU was coming off a national title, Texas A&M was ascending under Jimbo Fisher, and Oklahoma is still the dominant Big 12 program under Lincoln Riley. Franklin had more positives in year one to draw on and is a much better recruiter as a head coach. Penn State has the ability to go pluck big time talent out of Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey because the programs in those states have been struggling. Texas doesn’t have that geography and possibility.

Bobby Burton: True. And I hope he’s a lot better. Take away his somewhat hot start and James Franklin is regressing to mean. Penn State is something like 10-9 over the past two seasons. The problem with Franklin’s teams are that they tend to play too many close games. He rarely is able to put the throttle down on offense. That’s definitely not Sark.

Texas will produce an NFL draft pick at QB under Sark

Eric Nahlin: True. The only way he doesn’t is if this year is truly indicative of who he is as a head coach and he has a short tenure. Otherwise, his track record is hard to dispute. The sooner the better, though. Will he finish with Devin Brown, On3’s No. 2 quarterback in this class? Will Hudson Card take a major leap this spring? Will Sark’s reputation aid him in landing a toolsy QB from the portal? Something will shake out.

Gerry Hamilton: False. I may change that opinion next season if the program under Sarkisian shows signs of life. Right now, hard to imagine he’s in Austin long enough to get that done. The only chance right now is the Longhorns beat out Ohio State for Devin Brown, he becomes an NFL prospect in year one, and the program ascends quickly in year two under Sarkisian. Maybe a portal signal-caller could come in and do the same. Sarksian needs one of the two to happen for this to be a possibility.

Bobby Burton: True. If history is an indicator, there is nothing more likely than this. People may recall his work most recently with Mac Jones. But for Sark to make Jake Locker, who was always more athlete with a rocket arm than actual QB, into a first-rounder is saying something.

Sark’s staff will finish with at least four of the eight priority in-state players it’s after.

OT Kelvin Banks, OL Kam Dewberry, OL Neto Umeozulu, OL Devon Campbell, WR Evan Stewart, WR Jordan Hudson, LB Harold Perkins, CB Denver Harris

Eric Nahlin: False. I think three is the safe number, and if pressed I’d break it down into two offensive linemen and one of the wide receivers. However, there is still the chance the staff catches lightning in the bottle the next couple weeks and does better than I currently think.

Gerry Hamilton: False. Thinking back on the years in the industry, I can’t recall a program closing great with six and potentially seven straight losses to end a season. Maybe NIL, a coaching hire/change, etc. changes that, but odds are definitely against Texas closing strong. It would be one thing if Texas A&M had Dennis Francione and LSU had stuck with Ed Orgeron for one more season, but the recruiting geography where it currently sits does not suggest being able to weather the losing streak storm successfully right now. I really believed Texas needed to win nine games in year one and show prospects that the future was bright under Sarkisian in Austin. The opposite has happened with the competition all winning. If Texas hits on three off a list that talented, Sarkisian and staff have done better than past history would suggest with a losing campaign and truly awful end to a head coach’s first season. The tough battle for the staff right now is keeping a good class together to have enough momentum to have a shot to close strong. Sharks are circling the water aggressively already, and LSU could get enough bounce with the new hire to hurt Texas the last week leading up to signing day.

Bobby Burton: False. I don’t know the number. But I seriously doubt it goes to four. Perhaps I’m wrong and Texas finishes with a flourish. But not much has gone right for Texas in 2021, so I don’t feel like the tide will suddenly turn as the year draws to a close.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Losing Miller sucks. But brooks had shown flashes of greatness in small reps and should take over when Bijan goes to the cowboys.   

Does this put us in a better position for Owens?? Didn’t he de-commit because we took two RBs?? 

Edited by D3zii

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Since everyone on this board thinks Guilbeau is going to suck, I’m now fully convinced he’ll be the best college player to come out of this class.

He from SETX have they put out a scrub yet??? If so I can’t remember (Verdict on Jordan Thomas is still out) 

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Since everyone on this board thinks Guilbeau is going to suck, I’m now fully convinced he’ll be the best college player to come out of this class.

Guilbeau is very much a dawg and anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous. It's between the ears that's got everyone on pause 

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting