Trump to be reinstated by August

lmao

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

When it doesn’t happen in August, it will get moved back to November. 

This.  None of them self-immolated after the March date came and went. 

10 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I saw a post from a Qdiot on Facebook regarding an app called Telegram.  

Oh she was a former Marine officer and her husband carried the Nuke codes for Trump and it still on active duty.  

Telegram is just a messenger app but yes, they have moved a lot of discussion to open groups there

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

One retired (and pardoned) brass nutbag does not make the military.  Dozens upon dozens of current and former top brass are on record as supporting the rule of law.

The US military is not going to execute a coup.  To think it's even remotely possible is Brisket-level feverish wet dreams.  With fewer words.

During my 20 year career in the Navy, I spent almost five years working at flag HQs, half of that time in the Pentagon.  I was always impressed by the citizen-warrior ethos and fealty to the Constitution expressed by the three and four star officers I worked with on a routine basis.  I came away from my experiences with the conviction that we have a healthy separation between Military and Politics at the highest levels of Military leadership.  At the time of my retirement from active duty over six years ago, I would have confidently stated that there was zero chance that the U.S. Military would ever forcefully interfere in domestic politics.  

I don’t feel that way anymore.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

30 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

During my 20 year career in the Navy, I spent almost five years working at flag HQs, half of that time in the Pentagon.  I was always impressed by the citizen-warrior ethos and fealty to the Constitution expressed by the three and four star officers I worked with on a routine basis.  I came away from my experiences with the conviction that we have a healthy separation between Military and Politics at the highest levels of Military leadership.  At the time of my retirement from active duty over six years ago, I would have confidently stated that there was zero chance that the U.S. Military would ever forcefully interfere in domestic politics.  

Why did your feelings change?

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

At the time of my retirement from active duty over six years ago, I would have confidently stated that there was zero chance that the U.S. Military would ever forcefully interfere in domestic politics.  

They had their chance between November and January.

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah. It seems his influence over the Redneck Idiocracy contingent of the country should’ve waned significantly as they learn he doesn’t care about them and uses them to his satisfaction, and we get further and further away from the inauguration. That’s my thinking in there’d be no chance he’d be made a martyr. Maybe by a small fringe, but they’re viewed as lunatics by society. 

That's kind of what I keep circling back to - ultimately, while it was wild, there wasn't a lot of people actually there versus the percentage of people who claim to support Trump.  It's almost like a lot of people knew he wasn't worth screwing up their lives over.

And with everybody seeing him publicly abandon his most ardent supporters to face jail times and/or expensive legal costs in the aftermath, I don't think we'll see any more events like 1/6.  Yeah, plenty of people support Trump because he pisses off liberals, but I just don't see a lot of people actually committing to screw up their lives/risking jail time for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why did your feelings change?

I see a lot of stuff from some of my contemporaries who are still on active duty that I never would have expected to see - people who I truly admired and respected going unapologetically full MAGA.  I knew a lot of conservative people in the military (I’m one of them), but there was always restraint in expressing political opinions until the last couple of years.  Seems like the filter has been removed for a lot of those folks.  Also experienced a lot of silence from these defenders of the Constitution after January 6th.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

I see a lot of stuff from some of my contemporaries who are still on active duty that I never would have expected to see - people who I truly admired and respected going unapologetically full MAGA.  I knew a lot of conservative people in the military (I’m one of them), but there was always restraint in expressing political opinions until the last couple of years.  Seems like the filter has been removed for a lot of those folks.  Also experienced a lot of silence from these defenders of the Constitution after January 6th.  

That's unfortunate.  On the flip side, my friends and family who are fairly high brass (Colonels, etc.) are privately exasperated with Trump's bullshit, and plenty of top brass have come out publicly against the things that have gone down the past few years.  Beyond that, Military Times released a poll a while back that made it seem active duty was something like 55/45 right-leaning, which is not that bad a number, given the impression that officers tend to lean farther to the left.  I mean, orders still flow down, right?

It really does amaze me that there are some people who I consider to be fairly stable and quite smart that buy into this nonsense that Trump is somehow going to be reinstated.  I have talked with a few of them and asked them to articulate how exactly this is all going to happen.  They really don’t have much of an answer.

regarding the military, the only possible way that the military gets involved is if the courts somehow legally determined that Trump should be reinstated. I cannot see any possible scenario in which that happens.

I suppose that there is an incredibly small chance that the election audits find substantial fraud of some sort.  But even in that amazingly tiny Instance, I would think the resolution would be a new election and not trump being reinstated. Biden is the president and we will go back to the polls in 2024 And see what happens. I for one will be extremely disappointed if Trump runs.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A lot of this reveals that about 75% of the populace has no clue how government actually works, who does what, and what the constitutional limitations and ramifications are.

So they'll believe any goddamn thing.

Civics education in K-12 is not stressed enough 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Biden is the president and we will go back to the polls in 2024 And see what happens. I for one will be extremely disappointed if Trump runs.

Even though I'm not a Democrat, I kinda hope that Trump runs again, just to drive up voter turnout on the left, and to implode the GOP even more, in the hopes that some rational party, 3rd or otherwise, comes out of the ashes.

With that said, Trump will run based on how next year goes.  So far, his efforts to primary every Republican on his enemies list seems to have petered out after Liz lost her position last month, all the while back in Wyoming she's facing a guy who got a 14 year-old pregnant.  If the Democrats hold their majorities, no way Trump runs in 2024.

Even though I'm not a Democrat, I kinda hope that Trump runs again, just to drive up voter turnout on the left, and to implode the GOP even more, in the hopes that some rational party, 3rd or otherwise, comes out of the ashes.
With that said, Trump will run based on how next year goes.  So far, his efforts to primary every Republican on his enemies list seems to have petered out after Liz lost her position last month, all the while back in Wyoming she's facing a guy who got a 14 year-old pregnant.  If the Democrats hold their majorities, no way Trump runs in 2024.

Trump wins in ‘24. The 20-odd states implementing voter restrictions are assuring that.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Trump wins in ‘24. The 20-odd states implementing voter restrictions are assuring that.

Those restrictions will pay off only when some milquetoast candidates end up running.  Trump is so polarizing all the 'can't bus or go from church' shit will have the opposite effect.  People will show up at 3am and wait 5 hours to vote if needed.  But when people stop caring as much - and they will...the bullshit they're passing now will start to pay off...and in a very big way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Those restrictions will pay off only when some milquetoast candidates end up running.  Trump is so polarizing all the 'can't bus or go from church' shit will have the opposite effect.  People will show up at 3am and wait 5 hours to vote if needed.  But when people stop caring as much - and they will...the bullshit they're passing now will start to pay off...and in a very big way. 

Yeah, the current voter suppression stuff is about states/races turning purple.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Civics education in K-12 is not stressed enough 

Probably true.  But, to be fair, a lot of this stuff is pretty advanced.  I haven't barked about it in a while, but the Con Law II class on Presidential Power, where we talked a lot about this stuff, particularly electors and election law and the general scheme of all that has been immensely helpful, along with separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, Underdog said:

Is it time to start building the Ark for all of the Trump/Trumpanzee tears that'll flow when this falls through?  

Just gets pushed back till eventually, it will be 2024 and if that fucker is still roaming free, anything can happen.  Wonder which woman will be the First Lady then? Reminds me to cheer Lindsey Graham--always the bridesmaid, never the bride.  

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

My prediction is that he'll be declared to have alzheimers and then claim not to understand/remember the charges he's facing. 

Won't matter if he's dead--the GOP and Russia just need a body.  

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

My prediction is that he'll be declared to have alzheimers and then claim not to understand/remember the charges he's facing. 

And he'll blame the dementia on the super-duper COVID-19 cocktail they gave him when he was moments away from being put on a respirator. So he can then sue the medical staff at Walter Reed for one...BILLION...dollars.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, SmokeyTheBear said:

Telegram is just a messenger app but yes, they have moved a lot of discussion to open groups there

Telegram is a “secure” messaging app that became popular in the former Soviet space because allegedly the folks behind it didn’t allow Russian intel in. But, rumor is that the idealists were forced out and now they cooperate. 

22 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is why I breathed a sigh of relief when my son went to Korea in September to take command of his platoon.  I was grateful as hell that he'd be TUCKED SAFELY AWAY, ONLY 11 MILES FROM NORTH KOREA, away from all the GQP nonsense going on stateside.  Everyone wants to stereotype, but he's an aggie grad and 100% Bernie bro.

In 2012 they still took the hatch act seriously - at least with this idiot, who I know to be one of those MAGA hat wearing morons - https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/10/25/head-of-us-armys-brain-testing-program-may-be-subject-to-sanctions-for-partisan-aggressive-rants-online

2021? Doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:25 AM, Jive Turkey said:

trying to make it easier for the August insurrection.

would seem federal taxpayer money is the money one should spend when spending it for Federal Buildings.

Unless maybe you are making the argument that the US Capitol is owned by a private company, like umm.. Microsoft

oh, um yeah, about that.. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/20473-microsoft-paid-0-taxes-on-315-billion-in-profits-in-2020/