Trump to be reinstated by August

lmao

I would bet a large sum of money that none of those Q-pers could have pointed to Myanmar on a map 6 months ago, nor even named the country's former name.  It's a fascinating example of the talking-point phenomenon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would bet a large sum of money that none of those Q-pers could have pointed to Myanmar on a map 6 months ago, nor even named the country's former name.  It's a fascinating example of the talking-point phenomenon.

Well, they still can't pronounce it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Guest Lobo

You'll most likely know it as Myanmar now, Mike Flynn.  But it'll always be Burma to me.  

Serious question, what day in August?  Because I have something on the 18th that I really can't get out of.  Otherwise, I'm mostly available.  

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lol, there is no way they could point to it on a map now.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm done laughing at him. I shoulda been done in 2014. Is it likely he'll actually have go #2 at the whole insurrection thing? More likely than 0%, so we need to be paying attention. A cockroach is just a cockroach, but when it's radioactive, and has access to your cream of wheat, you have to pay attention to it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm done laughing at him. I shoulda been done in 2014. Is it likely he'll actually have go #2 at the whole insurrection thing? More likely than 0%, so we need to be paying attention. A cockroach is just a cockroach, but when it's radioactive, and has access to your cream of wheat, you have to pay attention to it.

Leave TCU out of this and quit footballing the cloak room.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It’s the place where Top Gun is.  Duh.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is more funny than dangerous in my opinion. Unless he incites another insurrection when it doesn't happen. If that happens I hope the military detains him, tries him in a military tribunal, and has him executed. I'm not 100% there, but probably 99%. It really is out of hand. I expect this one to be just another laugh at a sad angry man and his worshipers.

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is more funny than dangerous in my opinion. Unless he incites another insurrection when it doesn't happen. 

I lean this way as well.  Not that the idea isn't dangerous, but he was supposed to retake the Oval Office in March, too, and nothing happened in terms of insurrection at that point.

Of course, it could legitimately be argued that the more guys like Flynn etc. float the idea of violent response, the more likely it becomes.  Now, the idea of the US military overthrowing the government is nuts at this point, but the role-playing Trump supporters?  They will probably try again, however ineffectual they are.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I lean this way as well.  Not that the idea isn't dangerous, but he was supposed to retake the Oval Office in March, too, and nothing happened in terms of insurrection at that point.

Of course, it could legitimately be argued that the more guys like Flynn etc. float the idea of violent response, the more likely it becomes.  Now, the idea of the US military overthrowing the government is nuts at this point, but the role-playing Trump supporters?  They will probably try again, however ineffectual they are.

Military leaders would never in a million years do anything to support the idiot they had to call CIC for those years. Even the most liberal hating military leader surely knew the guy was a complete dolt. That's why I never had any concern about trump refusing to leave the White House. Once the inauguration happened, the leaders would have evicted his fat ass in a second, which is why trump left. Just brings about another reason to mock his followers. He talks a bunch of shit that they love and when he caves like the little bitch he is they continue claiming he has alpha energy when everyone knows he is the most beta of all betas and his followers are even more beta since they are literally nobody in the grand scheme of things, at least trump's fat beta ass actually held a position of power while doing nothing but bitching on twitter from his golden shitter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Military leaders would never in a million years do anything to support the idiot they had to call CIC for those years. Even the most liberal hating military leader surely knew the guy was a complete dolt. That's why I never had any concern about trump refusing to leave the White House. Once the inauguration happened, the leaders would have evicted his fat ass in a second, which is why trump left. Just brings about another reason to mock his followers. He talks a bunch of shit that they love and when he caves like the little bitch he is they continue claiming he has alpha energy when everyone knows he is the most beta of all betas and his followers are even more beta since they are literally nobody in the grand scheme of things, at least trump's fat beta ass actually held a position of power while doing nothing but bitching on twitter from his golden shitter.

explain Mike Flynn, then. there are probably plenty of old gruntled white guys who totally lapped up the spittle flying from trump's mouth. it's not a non-zero chance

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

explain Mike Flynn, then. there are probably plenty of old gruntled white guys who totally lapped up the spittle flying from trump's mouth. it's not a non-zero chance

This. I don't trust military brass to be able to think their way out of a paper bag. There are a lot of really smart people in the military. Very, very few of them will ever have desk jobs in Washington, D.C. The guys calling the shots? Morons, by and large.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He is widely considered a disgrace to the military these days. Not by the majority of republican voters, but by those who actually know the military. Even most republican politicians probably know he's a disgraceful fucking loon, but they won't say it because they need those morons to keep voting for them. They are every bit as disgraceful allowing this shit to permeate because they are too cowardly to speak truth.

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This. I don't trust military brass to be able to think their way out of a paper bag. There are a lot of really smart people in the military. Very, very few of them will ever have desk jobs in Washington, D.C. The guys calling the shots? Morons, by and large.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

You'll most likely know it as Myanmar now, Mike Flynn.  But it'll always be Burma to me.  

Serious question, what day in August?  Because I have something on the 18th that I really can't get out of.  Otherwise, I'm mostly available.  

right? I was planning to take my gf to USVI for her 40th (lol, first typed that as 4th) birthday and I want to make sure I'll be coming back to the US. I guess worst case is I just live in USVI now.

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

We dismiss this kind of lunacy at our own peril. These ideas take root in the minds of millions of people and they become dangerously irredeemable.

This. I know it's a shame to miss out on the lulz served up by the Rs, but we can laugh about it all after the GQP is destroyed and we no longer have one of our two political parties committed to ending American democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A not insignificant group of Americans heard the phrase “Myanmar military coup” and said “yep, want some of that.”

Please let me out of this timeline. 

I used to wonder how the Tamil Tigers and the Sinhalese could possibly be at each other's throats -- Buddhists and Hindus who have lived side by side for a thousand years are suddenly threatening each other with genocide? WTF?

I no longer wonder. It can happen anywhere. We're part of "anywhere".

Edited by Walden Ponderer
This is a reference to Sri Lanka, for any Republicans reading this. It's an island country off the coast of India. You're welcome.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I used to laugh at him and the situation. Then he moved from a side show to the President and I realized our country was broken. Wasn't funny anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Satchel said:

We dismiss this kind of lunacy at our own peril. These ideas take root in the minds of millions of people and they become dangerously irredeemable.

Both of these.  Listen, we all know dotard is a moron.  The thing is, there are a lot of very smart, very fascist people out there that know dotard as a useful moron.  So, I don't think the orange idiot could organize a food drive but there are military and Republican politicians who just might be smart enough to use dotard to completely destroy our constitutional democracy.  

• Rage+1 1

It's all so insane and hysterical.  Except, you know, it's all a harbinger of the final death of the Republic.  We have a large percentage of the population, and one of our two major political parties, that is fine with an ex-president, defeated in an election, talking about "returning to power" in the middle of his successor's term.

We aren't going down the "shithole banana republic road."  We've finished the journey, we're at our destination, and now, we're just waiting on the fun stuff -- like complete ownership of the other "branches" of government like the autocrat, doing his bidding, and saying they all follow the rule of law because the law is now whatever the autocrat says it is -- to happen.

Even though it's scarce....buy ammo.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Even though it's scarce....buy ammo.  

Fuck that. Compound bow. Learn to craft your own arrows. Unless you can get a decent silencer, of course. Otherwise, neighbors for 5 miles around will know you have something worth defending every time you kill an intruder.

• Hook 'Em 1