Virginia Tech LB charged with murder

Don Johnson

this case is going to get ugly reading those reddit threads

also there were 3 people there the night of the killing two were in the hallway only one went in the apartment

according to the reddit thread the person that was killed would wear a hoodie and have the lights down way low and basically just start in on things and that was that....which is how it was (allegedly) possible to not know that's a man baby.....one person that showed up linked a news video on a St. Pats Day bars back open story where the deceased spoke on camera and said that was the same voice they heard when they showed up and part of why they noped out

it is surprising that with the video evidence of two others there the night of the killing there have not been more arrest or at least two more brought in for questioning

I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola
C-O-L-A, Cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
L-O-L-A, Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman but talked like a man
Oh my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

It doesn’t have to be pre-meditated to be murder. 

If I had to guess, I’d say that he knew the dude was a dude the whole time. Maybe they got in some kind of argument, guy threatens to out the VT player, player then loses it.

11 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t know what Virginia law is specifically, but you’re basically describing second degree murder. It doesn’t require pre meditation or even the intent to kill someone. 

Yeah, you cannot generalize about murder or manslaughter.  It's defined by statute in every state and every state is a little bit different in how it defines murder, versus manslaughter, versus criminally negligent homicide; and various degrees of same, etc.

There is no "common law murder" in the United States anymore.  Common law crimes are still studied in law school and probably undergrad law classes as a matter of generality and history.  It sometimes comes up in a context other than the elements of a crime in actual legal matters, like what is a "crime of violence" under certain state and federal statutes.

What's murder in one state is manslaughter in another.   And part of that is just the name, the penalties or penalty range is going to vary also.

Virginia's Homicide Laws

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

thats-not-how-this-works-gif-7.gif&f=1&n

First, temporary insanity is an antiquated legal concept that has any withering legal standing in a small minority of states. Second, nearly any insanity defense requires that the offender did not know right from wrong because of major mental illness (most often due to psychotic symptoms in which the person has a total break from reality, is hallucinating, delusional, etc). The offender in this example was horny and stupid, but he wasn't psychotic. He ended the guy when he realized the dude had a dick -- that's pretty compelling reality testing. Third, it's West Virginia and there isn't a jury out there that would go down that road. 

Blacksburg is in SW Virginia, but it is a very liberal progressive  town,  although it is surrounded by much more West Virginia type constituency. The jury make up is not a forgone conclusion.

7 hours ago, ousux said:

Didnt read yet, but I'm guessing he hits the portal and we'll be facing him in the Cotton Bowl in '22 after Lincoln gives him a redshirt year to reflect on his transgressions?

i see what you did there GIF

Maybe his punishment will be castration so he can be an actual hokie. 🦃 🍆 🌈 

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

i see what you did there GIF

If your assumption is that “conservatives” don’t like black men in murder trials, how do they feel about trannys who catfish and drug their prey?

Maybe his punishment will be castration so he can be an actual hokie. 🦃 🍆 🌈 

Did you even read his post?

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

This is going to depend heavily on the oral arguments IMO.

Getting off will be hard, but something that has happened before.

He's already lost a load of future opportunities with his actions.

He's made a mess of his life. He can't save face.

And while he'll try to secure his ultimate release, he'll never be able to enjoy it.

It just sucks for him.

Life comes at you fast.

Username checks out.

5 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Blacksburg is in SW Virginia, but it is a very liberal progressive  town,  although it is surrounded by much more West Virginia type constituency. The jury make up is not a forgone conclusion.

Thanks for the correction. For some reason I had it in my brain that this happened in West Virginia, for which I stand by my argument. Virginia (and esp Blacksburg and Charlottesville) are a different story. 

• 11 months later...
10 hours ago, Helobious said:

That story still blows my mind. You’re a (presumably straight) D1 college football player and you’re trying to have sex with someone that may or may not even be a woman, over all the other easily available college chicks. Crazy. 

… and there is no shortage of talent at VT.

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

That story still blows my mind. You’re a (presumably straight) D1 college football player and you’re trying to have sex with someone that may or may not even be a woman, over all the other easily available college chicks. Crazy. 

Dude is probably gay

• Hook 'Em 1