CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

A

1 minute ago, RamjetFDO said:
14 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I bet you $100 his abuelita doesn’t pronounce it like that. You want to go tráfico a grandmother of the guy who saved the game?

His momma named him Clay. Imma call him Clay.

Vaitaminute, vaitaminute, vaitaminute...

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I’d guess Cole 

Yeah, this is a very interesting question. Theres a 0% chance Nixon comes back out after sitting for 1-2 hours so... Who is it? 

And then if they get 3 outs, who is left for tomorrow after Tristan? 

2 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
14 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I bet you $100 his abuelita doesn’t pronounce it like that. You want to go tráfico a grandmother of the guy who saved the game?

His momma named him Clay. Imma call him Clay.

pos fucking rep.

Just now, B00M said:

Yeah, this is a very interesting question. Theres a 0% chance Nixon comes back out after sitting for 1-2 hours so... Who is it? 

I'm not sure its 0% but Cole should be available for 3 outs.

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I just don't even understand how "running out of beer" is possible?  

I mean, when I hit the beer fridge hard  I might run out of my favorite beer, and then the second choice, and maybe even 3rd best, but I still always have at least a couple cases of my backup Westvleteren lying around.

I have a wife that doesn't drink that much. As such, I don't drink as much as I used to. If I come home with 36 beers in tow it could cause issues. Issues that are avoided when I just make a beer run after she's asleep.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, B00M said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nixon came back out, but yeah it’s gotta be Cole right? Lucas Gordon hasn’t pitched in what seems like forever so I guess Cole 

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I have a wife that doesn't drink that much. As such, I don't drink as much as I used to. If I come home with 36 beers in tow it could cause issues. Issues that are avoided when I just make a beer run after she's asleep.

I feel ya, fam.  All good.  Hook 'em!

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

you realize that melendez's reaction to his bomb was very much "new baseball" right?

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

whatever you say man

6 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Fuck it. He’s rolling 

See Reggie Jackson; 1970 All Star Game and 1977 World Series; Game 6.  Not as dramatic as today's bat flips, but he was definitely admiring his work over 40-50  years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

At the crack of the bat: "Could it?"

When Ivan skipped out of the box: "Oh, I think it c-..."

Then the bat flip: "...will!!"

And finally, as the camera changed to follow the ball: "Say goodnight to this one!"

Skip occurs after bat flip.  But, your reaction is how I felt it.  Melendez knew it was a homer before we did.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

When there's nothing to cheer to jeer, they turn on each other.

And what men were left when the winds had ceased
Grew dull and low of countenance
For soldiers denied their battle plain
On comrades soon must turn -- Townes Van Zandt, in "Silver Ships of Andilar," maybe his weirdest song.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

When witt walked those guys I turned off the game and went to my bedroom and watched the stat cast from my phone. Left it off until the home run. 

Will not turn the game back on this evening in fear of jinxing it. You’re welcome 

well this game isnt starting back up again until after midnight which meand tomorrow, so techncailly you would be turning it back on this evening. 

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well we are still on track to do this the hardest way possible.  Pierce bailed out.  hope this is short and Nixon can go.  I'm not sure I trust anyone else to throw strikes with this ump.

Ump should be pissed at MSU coach for the bullshit delaying.

Nixon cant go after a 2 hour delay its gotta be Cole. 

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Same here and GF is making steaks. I love tonight. 

Tits or GTFO . 

Just now, Fletch said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nixon came back out, but yeah it’s gotta be Cole right? Lucas Gordon hasn’t pitched in what seems like forever so I guess Cole 

I think Gordon blew his shot(s) to pitch here vs TCU .. I'd guess its wenzel or southard... Mason bryant is still on the roster? Tommy john?