2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, deech said:

I don't know that I realized linebackers are allowed to fight through blocks and cross the line of scrimmage. Nice highlights.

I am no expert but watching our team play I think the role of a linebacker is to stand about 7 yards off the ball and wait for an offensive lineman to hit them and then they go down to the ground while the RB runs by them.  

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am no expert but watching our team play I think the role of a linebacker is to stand about 7 yards off the ball and wait for an offensive lineman to hit them and then they go down to the ground while the RB runs by them.  

Don't forget taking a pursuit angle behind the RB.

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Jucos stash players at FAU

I went to an event at the FAU campus. It looks like a resort and the female talent on campus is insane. Apparently, dumb rich girls from the East coast of the US that want year round beach weather pick FAU.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I went to an event at the FAU campus. It looks like a resort and the female talent on campus is insane. Apparently, dumb rich girls from the East coast of the US that want year round beach weather pick FAU.

So its the Arizona State of the East Coast.  Cue Mark Cuban shark tank Gif

SIAP.

FROM ROCKYTOPTALK

Clearly, Baron is the biggest impact here. A big-time recruit, Baron emerged as a starter and impact player for Tennessee this season, which was his second with the program. Baron is a Knoxville native.

Tennessee beat out Kentucky and Ohio State to land Baron in the class of 2020. His departure is strange to say the least, as Baron was set to return to a huge role as one of Tennessee’s top defenders entering the 2022 season. The Volunteers already had a need for more pass rush, and this news amplifies that.

• Hook 'Em 4

Drumm on Casey Thompson

*** Spoke with Casey Thompson yesterday and today. Yesterday, he was on a "self-guided" tour -- with it being a dead period and coaches out of town -- he wanted to see Nebraska in person cause he had never seen it before. Said he really liked what he could see. Obviously, didn't get to see the insides of the facilities or anything with no one around and the dead period, but was still impressed with how close all of the facilities laid out in Lincoln.

He didn't talk with Nebraska in the last 24-hours or OU but said they would talk with both today and that OU has "been real. They told me Dillon [Gabriel] knows the system, so he would have a leg up. Still, that we would do 50/50 reps and the best man would win if I chose Oklahoma. I really like OU and they seem to want to take me if I decide that."

I think Nebraska is the leader and have said that for a few weeks now. I think he will do a few closing Zoom's with his final programs and then decide. CT is in a win-win situation with his choices, so either one is good for him.

He also said a decision will happen "soon."

So, now we wait.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Drumm on Casey Thompson

*** Spoke with Casey Thompson yesterday and today. Yesterday, he was on a "self-guided" tour -- with it being a dead period and coaches out of town -- he wanted to see Nebraska in person cause he had never seen it before. Said he really liked what he could see. Obviously, didn't get to see the insides of the facilities or anything with no one around and the dead period, but was still impressed with how close all of the facilities laid out in Lincoln.

He didn't talk with Nebraska in the last 24-hours or OU but said they would talk with both today and that OU has "been real. They told me Dillon [Gabriel] knows the system, so he would have a leg up. Still, that we would do 50/50 reps and the best man would win if I chose Oklahoma. I really like OU and they seem to want to take me if I decide that."

I think Nebraska is the leader and have said that for a few weeks now. I think he will do a few closing Zoom's with his final programs and then decide. CT is in a win-win situation with his choices, so either one is good for him.

So, now we wait.

OU is pretty much telling him that Gabriel is going to be the starter. No chance he's going there unless his dad is just a moron that wants his kid at OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Drumm on Casey Thompson

So, now we wait.

So OU situation is basically the same he had at Texas lol. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Haha 3

Portal notes from IT:

*Wyoming transfer wide receiver Isaiah Neyor (Arlington, Texas/Lamar) made a trip to USC earlier this week. The word IT received from a source close to Neyor is the 6-foot-3, 210-pound receiver wasn’t “feeling the vibe out there”.

Neyor was originally planning to return from Los Angeles and go walk around campus at Texas before heading to Tennessee this weekend. Those plans have changed.

Neyor will now make an official visit to Ole Miss next Tuesday and Wednesday, and then come back to Texas for an official visit next weekend. Tennessee is trying to move to get an official visit next week, but nothing is set as of Friday morning.

IT was told Neyor is being targeted as a receiver opposite Xavier Worthy, and that Neyor knows exactly how much he is coveted by the staff.

*Texas is also in search of a linebacker in the portal. While the Longhorns extended an offer to Central Michigan transfer Troy Brown, the early returns haven’t been positive. The prevailing reason is that Brown has a couple of young reasons for staying closer to his home state of Michigan. The Longhorns had two conversations with Brown on Thursday.

*Brown’s teammate, safety Devonni Reed, is a legitimate priority for the coaches. IT isn’t sure where UT sits with the downhill striker but he’s certainly coveted as someone who can play cleanup in the back end. He’s viewed as providing something the defense is lacking, which isn’t hard to believe if you watched Texas safeties support the run from depth this past season. We’ll continue to try and get in touch with Reed.

*There is some chatter that Alabama EDGE Drew Sanders (Denton, Texas/Ryan) is considering transferring after the Crimson Tide’s season ends on Monday. Should the 6-foot-5, 244-pounder decide to leave, the Longhorns would likely have interest. Sanders has 24 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one sack this season with three starts to his credit. He’s more talented than that stat line suggests.

*In addition to linebacker and wide receiver, IT believes the Texas coaches are in the market for a tight end if a good one comes available. The staff really likes the young players on the roster but wouldn’t mind adding some experience.

*We still don’t expect the coaches to add an offensive lineman out of the portal. Minnesota’s Curtis Dunlap was targeted previously but then offensive lineman started committing left and right and they were too good to turn away. Dunlap would have provided immediate help, however expectations are high for the incoming freshman. They’ll have a lot to learn but the coaches think talent will compensate for youth, somewhat. Don’t be surprised if two incoming freshman are starting by midseason.

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Portal notes from IT:

So USC is out for Neyor, our OV is now a weekend visit, and Tennessee is having to fight to even keep their OV while he adds one that doesn't have an OC yet. Sounds like we're in a great spot.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

So USC is out for Neyor, our OV is now a weekend visit, and Tennessee is having to fight to even keep their OV while he adds one that doesn't have an OC yet. Sounds like we're in a great spot.

Granted Kiffin is their OC so not out of the woods yet, but certainly trending the right way.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Stinks about Brown the LB.  If we can get Reed and potentially Sanders, that'd be nice additions on defense.  Still would like a LB though.

We really do need a LB, I was amazed we didn't go after that Clemson LB that portaled early and passed on the UNLV kid. I am sure there will be more in the coming weeks, but it would make me feel much better having another guy in that room for the spring.  

• Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)