2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach - FYI on Diamonte.

Hide contents

Roach

— Tomorrow the Longhorns will host graduate transfer linebacker Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey from James Madison starting tomorrow. In 2021, Tucker-Dorsey had a strong season credited with 116 tackles, nine tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, four interceptions, four pass breakups, and six quarterback hurries. Central Florida is the only other school in the race as of now for the productive linebacker originally from Norfolk, Virginia.

Here we go again. In Jeff Choate we trust /s.

6 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Wasn't he shit-talking the Big 12 and RT'ing Aggies a few days ago?

Meh.  He's pretty much Liked/Retweeted any tweet he is mentioned in since he announced he was going in to the portal.  Specifically he liked a tweet from and OUsucks fan who was quoting the recruit who asked 'where all the football trophies?'.

Allegedly Texas and UCF are the two school pushing for him.  He has several other offers but I don't think he has set up any visits with anyone else yet.

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Meh.  He's pretty much Liked/Retweeted any tweet he is mentioned in since he announced he was going in to the portal.  Specifically he liked a tweet from and OUsucks fan who was quoting the recruit who asked 'where all the football trophies?'.

Allegedly Texas and UCF are the two school pushing for him.  He has several other offers but I don't think he has set up any visits with anyone else yet.

That's what I was referring to. I had just written him off because of that, but appears that was not warranted. I'll ask some locals, see if I can get any intel. Seems worth a flyer.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

The kid has a year to show the league he can play on a bigger stage.  I wish us well.  If nothing else, we have a spare LB.  

We have plenty of spare LBs on the roster.  A whole room full of them.  Now, if this kid can actually play LB, sign him the fuck up yesterday and tell him to bring a friend who can rush the passer.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We have plenty of spare LBs on the roster.  A whole room full of them.  Now, if this kid can actually play LB, sign him the fuck up yesterday and tell him to bring a friend who can rush the passer.

He'll be a rotational guy and we are 1 injury away from disaster at the position.

20 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah McWhorter was really doing solid work for those teams when we, checks notes, had shitty offensive lines year in and year out. Christ Vince was under duress a lot. Colt had to learn to throw under 2 seconds. You’re better than this. 

The point is valid. If half of these guys aren't busts we'll be ahead of the curve. The good news we have numbers and what remains ought to kick ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We don't have plenty of spare LB's we have 1-3 functioning tires, 1-2 spares and a bunch of donut tires. Yeah donut tires will still let you drive but you can't go above 50 mph.

3 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

what the fuck is a Tariq Milton

Actually looked good his first 2 years at ISU and was banged up most of the year for them this past year. Another WR with speed to burn, if memory serves me correct 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Whittington went from a solid #2 to back of the line with the portal WR additions. Of the 6-7 guys likely to get the most PT from that room, he's probably the slowest.

Back of the line? Nah he's still a starter when healthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Whittington went from a solid #2 to back of the line with the portal WR additions. Of the 6-7 guys likely to get the most PT from that room, he's probably the slowest.

I believe it was reported that per spring recorded times, Whittington was the second fastest player on the roster.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I believe it was reported that per spring recorded times, Whittington was the second fastest player on the roster.  

I’ve spent the last 10 minutes looking for the write up claiming Whittington is one of the fastest guys on the team and has hands comparable with anyone. @LTtxfan you remember this one? It was some insider’s take on the respective talents of our players, not sure if it was posted in the spring or roster threads on the Football board. 

And yeah, yeah, a player’s greatest ability is “availability,” and Whittington has been less than available over the years. We get it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

Looking forward to reports of him pulling his hammy while racing teammates for shits and giggles after practice. 

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

This is so dumb. Whittington is worthy of any criticism he catches regarding his durability, but this misses the mark by a mile 

• Hook 'Em 6

16 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I never thought I’d see a graphic or representation of my University in which Jester is prominent. And the “Locked In” GRX for the HS kids don’t feature the Lambo (I assume that’s the make, my doors don’t open like that, so I’m not 100% sure).

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I never thought I’d see a graphic or representation of my University in which Jester is prominent. And the “Locked In” GRX for the HS kids don’t feature the Lambo (I assume that’s the make, my doors don’t open like that, so I’m not 100% sure).

I guess I was looking at the picture wrong but at first glance I thought the Lambo was a wheelchair. I was like wtf until I saw your post.

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

63B532DB-388F-4F54-9B2C-55E18B40B425.gif.f199321754675f0af78a483e6a0f57c0.gif

lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Seven others have NOT found a new place to play. Not sure who they are… 31BFF6FD-8AFF-4673-B238-C41CD24C434A.thumb.jpeg.972fdc95bcfbf24157fe4a5e41854912.jpeg

That list is depressing af. Every single one of those guys downgraded. Combine them with the other 7 who haven’t found another school and that was 20% of our roster last year.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That list is depressing af. Every single one of those guys downgraded. Combine them with the other 7 who haven’t found another school and that was 20% of our roster last year.

Well, better that then our best players leaving *cough*Worthy*cough*