Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

Lots of comedy gold in the TexAggy tears today, but this one might be my favorite:
image.png.8a8e20d8db3c1c08db0f94c7fbe41e4f.png

Seriously...they think they're going to come up with $100 million to buy out Jimbo and his assistants, and then another $100 million to lure Coach Prime to Collie Station?
Fuck, and I thought cannabis was illegal in Texas.  They're smoking the REALLY good shit in aggyland.
Not to mention they're breaking ground on a grand building spree that would make Kim Jong Un choke on his kimchi.
  • Hook 'Em 1

image.png.2e92526e500ffe30f1735d31bce8fbe4.png

Billy's gone into the cellar for some vintage on that first one.

Back when RC was still coach, they had a close game with McNeese State. The Aggie  version then was that McNeese State would be a top half team in the Big 12.

Every game where Texas is doing well or wins, they have an uncontrollable reflex that our opponent is "turrible." 

I think touting Miami and dismissing Alabama at home in a marquee game is the new standard for this shit.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

That is easy, Texas caught Bama early.

This would actually be a valid point, and Bama tends to get better as the year goes on .

Regardless , we won and if they get their shit pushed in its going to be talked about with every recruit we're after and any talking heads . 

Tough shit sheep fuckers ! 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3

Love this from ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal090923/college-football-week-2-highlights-top-plays-games-takeaways-2023

"For the Aggies, the loss to Miami was so decisive that Bobby Petrino likely offered to interview for Jimbo Fisher's job on the plane ride home."

I am disappointed Jimbo hasn't pointed out how they beat Miami when he was calling plays.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, nnm said:

Who should be Jimbo’s replacement?

IMG_1994.thumb.jpeg.10c7e69b3c8fb316d9b2282bfd014580.jpegIMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.de91f6e481856618d58d8d121f1ff27b.jpeg

And does the code of honor apply to aggy corches?IMG_1996.thumb.jpeg.d9c67489734cc3957b166412389264c9.jpegIMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.abf36351beb7d855af36aa1a1f26c7df.jpeg

If Duke is half as smart as they think they are, they’ll give Elko a big extension with a massive buyout if he leaves for A&M. aggy will get desperate and fund Duke’s football program for the next decade. 

20 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

How do they think Miami is legit? Self-inflicted mistakes all game, a bunch of injuries already, 115 penalty yards, and Cristobal is their head coach. 

That team has 7-5 or 6-6 written all over them. 

I watched a good chunk of that game it was two mediocre teams seeing who could make the bigger mistake. Miami lost 4 starters on defense, including their stud DT and aggy still couldn’t do much on offense. They are just as bad as last year with even worse depth. 

20 hours ago, orangebird said:

Lots of comedy gold in the TexAggy tears today, but this one might be my favorite:

image.png.8a8e20d8db3c1c08db0f94c7fbe41e4f.png

Seriously...they think they're going to come up with $100 million to buy out Jimbo and his assistants, and then another $100 million to lure Coach Prime to Collie Station?

Fuck, and I thought cannabis was illegal in Texas.  They're smoking the REALLY good shit in aggyland.

The school that asks their players if they’re Aggies or Blaggies is going to hire Coach Prime? Riiiiiight. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Deion at A&M ? He'd be over there knocking down statues and 'traditions' week 1,  get an actual cheerleading squad and put those ROTC mother fuckers in the nose bleeds. 

Its probably what they SHOULD do, but A&M can't handle that much flair. 

My bet is he ends up in one of the Florida schools, right as his son is ready to graduate 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Deion at A&M ? He'd be over there knocking down statues and 'traditions' week 1,  get an actual cheerleading squad and put those ROTC mother fuckers in the nose bleeds. 

Its probably what they SHOULD do, but A&M can't handle that much flair. 

My bet is he ends up in one of the Florida schools, right as his son is ready to graduate 

UF may soon have an opening. They suck. 

Just now, texifornia said:

Elko does have a massive buyout, they reworked his contract before this season. Duke is private, but the rumor is $50mm.

just imagine, say aggy bites the bullet.  > $100MM to change coaches.  then plus whatever # they need to moneywhip the next guy.  elko walking in "1 Jimbo special please, but I want 50% within 60 days".  It's like trading in your underwater thrice-rolled over car loan to finance a used boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Klieman or Elko would both be realistic options for aggy, and both could be a problem. 

1) Elko is a good coach but the ACC is straight-up trash right now especially with Clemson starting to struggle. These are Elko's wins: Temple, Northwestern, NC A&T, Virginia, Miami, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, UCF, and Clemson. 

Elko's best win last year was against a 9-5 UCF team. Elko seems like a huge risk based on the ACC being a complete dumpster fire. 

2) Klieman does not seem like a stylistic fit at aggy or with Texas recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

1) Elko is a good coach but the ACC is straight-up trash right now especially with Clemson starting to struggle. These are Elko's wins: Temple, Northwestern, NC A&T, Virginia, Miami, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, UCF, and Clemson. 

Elko's best win last year was against a 9-5 UCF team. Elko seems like a huge risk based on the ACC being a complete dumpster fire. 

I could see them making a run at Liepold and Traylor. Both would be solid hires, but if they wait until after this season they may both be gone. 

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Klieman or Elko would both be realistic options for aggy, and both could be a problem. 

Deion can just hang out in Boulder until Florida or a desirable NFL job opens up. 

Chris Klieman has never coached south of Springfield, MO (Missouri State). i don't think he's suddenly yearning to go to College Station

image.thumb.png.795245a0d65d916e6da47bc3a7d00ef8.png

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I could see them making a run at Liepold and Traylor. Both would be solid hires, but if they wait until after this season they may both be gone. 

Liepold signed a looong extension this offseason. Looks like the buyout is $6M

"Kansas football coach Lance Leipold has signed a new contract that will keep him at KU through the 2029 season, the Jayhawk athletic department announced Tuesday. According to the contract details, Leipold’s contract begins at $5.0 million for the 2023 season and increases by $100,000 every year through 2029. It averages out to $5.3 million and tops out at $5.6 million in 2029.

Here are the buyout figures for the deal: If Leipold terminates the deal on or before April 30, 2023 it’s $12.5 million. The buyout drops to $6 million on May 1, 2023 and to $5 million on May 1, 2024."

20 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Y'all are so silly. They're going to fire Jimbo and immediately land their top target for his replacement, Dan Mullen. 

Wrong. Aggy only hires coaches with Nattys on the wall.

Mack Brown, come on down.

Edited by Foosters

49 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Liepold signed a looong extension this offseason. Looks like the buyout is $6M

"Kansas football coach Lance Leipold has signed a new contract that will keep him at KU through the 2029 season, the Jayhawk athletic department announced Tuesday. According to the contract details, Leipold’s contract begins at $5.0 million for the 2023 season and increases by $100,000 every year through 2029. It averages out to $5.3 million and tops out at $5.6 million in 2029.

Here are the buyout figures for the deal: If Leipold terminates the deal on or before April 30, 2023 it’s $12.5 million. The buyout drops to $6 million on May 1, 2023 and to $5 million on May 1, 2024."

If aggy ever hires a Kansas football coach as their head football coach, I may die of unstoppable laughter. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Wrong. Aggy only hires coaches with Nattys on the wall.

Mack Brown, come on down.

Checkers, my man. If championships are the measuring stick, start flight tracking Geno Auriemma. 

Truthfully, I've got my eyes peeled for the Briles test balloon. It's inevitable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I mean, which School would ever go after a flashy record without actually digging into the background or history behind it, and follow that by grossly overpaying that person with an extended contract with no buyout clause?

• Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread