Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

A) They have to be going for Elko, right?

B) I was going through 12th man public filings, they've been emptying their coffers into the AD past few years.  $40MM in revenue $200MM in assets, $40MM in liabilities, so that donation basically leaves them at $0.

• Hook 'Em 2

suppose I shouldn't begrudge them; they have so little to celebrate in actual competition or even as human beings.

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I suppose I shouldn't begrudge them; they have so little to celebrate in actual competition or even as human beings. (I'm mainly talking TexAgs Aggies.)

Jesus Christ, that is effing harsh. And i cant' stop laughing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Dabo has a 6 million dollar lake house 15 minutes from campus.  Can he get that in CS?

Just borrow the neighbors backhoe and call the volunteer FD to pump sin some muddy water from the river.  The land, the lake and the doublewide probably only sets him back tree fiddy.  

1 hour ago, deft said:

Aggy doesn’t know any better. They’re a meat judging school.

Apparently aggies excel at something besides meat judging.

The 2023 Women’s National Champions in Polo

IMG_0117.thumb.jpeg.d9a699e3a797b5ebfbd57cd5e20ceeb1.jpeg

…and that wasn’t their first time (according to Google). The Men & Women each went back-to-back pre-COVID.

IMG_0118.thumb.jpeg.b0740db2c4a74a20d47a6840b5706f1c.jpeg

https://www.uspolo.org/news-social/news/nic-final-article

Learning this is kind of upsetting. ☹️

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

A) They have to be going for Elko, right?

B) I was going through 12th man public filings, they've been emptying their coffers into the AD past few years.  $40MM in revenue $200MM in assets, $40MM in liabilities, so that donation basically leaves them at $0.

Not sure exactly but wouldnt a&m have to pay Elkos $20 mil buyout @ Duke also???

So aggy named Welsh as their permanent president today. This allows them to start the HC search in earnest. All indications are they want a HC in place before the portal opens in the first week of December, but their timeline could be more rapid than that. I believe Looch said they wanted a HC in place 13 days from this past Sunday. 

Lanning, Norvell, and DeBoer could unavailable until January. Campbell could be unavailable until February. They don’t fit aggy’s aggressive timeline. 

The Georgia DC would probably say yes, but he’s going to coach at a Georgia through the rest of their season. 

Traylor, Elko, Klieman, and Leipold would all fit the up and comer tag and aggy’s timeline. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Lanning, Norvell, and DeBoer could unavailable until January. Campbell could be unavailable until February. They don’t fit aggy’s aggressive timeline. 

Liucci tweeted tonight that Lanning isn't a viable option. Sounds like they already put out feelers and Lanning told them to kick rocks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

IMG_0117.thumb.jpeg.277e19541a0711d9bce6e87246682f04.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

X,3,1,2

I would agree with these rankings.

In better times it would have been: X , X , 1 , 2

…but these are not better times. These are St. Helena island days. I would happily entertain #3 and her stout frame. (I’m sure that she could crush me with her thighs.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lulz ... someone pointed this out on the Aggie 247 board.

image.png.e8635089a993183ce190577655ce15cc.png

God’s plan. Offer one year one billion dollar contract. ATM already has the equipment. Let that farmer farm. Time to make hay. He’s gonna take the cows to market. Time to plow the field. Amen. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lulz ... someone pointed this out on the Aggie 247 board.

image.png.e8635089a993183ce190577655ce15cc.png

And look how far he has traveled to get away from that family legacy.

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Oh I hope they hire Schumann.

Does everyone realize what decade Schumann was born in?

. . .

He was born in the fucking 1990s!!

🤯

I can’t believe that a head coach of an SEC football program could be born in the 1990s yet.

Jordan Wittington missed being born in the ‘90s by 50 days.

Stetson Bennett was born in 1997 and he won the last two national championships.

Just blown away by it, that’s all.

SIDE NOTE: I’m a bit worried that the aggies will make a rational decision regarding a new head coach, will dump irrational amounts of $$$ in the transfer portal bringing in RBs, OTs, CBs, and will run a level-headed program, but with a NY Yankee level budget.

That would be upsetting.

Edited by Napoleon

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

. . .

🤯

I can’t believe that a head coach of an SEC football program could be born in the 1990s yet.

Stetson Bennett was born in 1997 and he won the last two national championships.

SIDE NOTE: I’m a bit worried that the aggies will make a rational decision regarding a new head coach, will dump irrational amounts of $$$ in the transfer portal bringing in RBs, OTs, CBs, and will run a level-headed program, but with a NY Yankee level budget.

That would be upsetting.

Schumann was 8 when aggy last played for and won a conference championship.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

. . .

🤯

That would be upsetting.

Dude, they’ve already handled this poorly.  They fired their coach after he won a beat down with the 3rd string QB because they are more concerned with what Texas is doing.  That’s fucking retarded!

Logan Paul Reaction GIF by IMPAULSIVE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I listened to the interview. It was from McElroy and Cubelic’s morning show in Birmingham. 

It was pretty mild and friendly. McElroy didn’t burn him as the screenshot would infer. Looch did admit to aggy being similar to Auburn with less success. 

Some other thoughts: 

- Exhibit 1,000,000 that Looch’s TexAgs schtick is an act. I think if you had a couple beers with Burton or Gerry they’d confirm it 

- Of course he says nice things about Texas when he knows the cult isn’t listening. Texas is a blue blood. Texas is a bigger brand. Texas has an easier path to a national title. Texas has built up more national goodwill because of their past successes. Sark is doing well. aggy felt pressure to make a move because Texas is doing well.

- He thinks they’ll hire an up and comer similar to Florida hiring Napier. (Please God let this happen). He believes aggy is tapped out financially, but he left the door open. “If one of the big money guys likes Lanning and is willing to write a check for $20 million it could happen.”

- He played the Jimbo what if game for about 5 minutes. I really wish hosts would call him out on this stupid talking to himself bullshit. I assume Greg went and grabbed a coffee during this segment. 

- Overwhelmingly complimentary of Jimbo. “Got aggy closer than they’ve ever been since the SWC days.”

image.thumb.png.3c231f4f8b102a8a24ed78bcda10db9b.png

Excellent find. Worth a listen. Very telling interview.

A sane Chin Pubes is boring. He returns to the norm soon...insane in the maroon membrane. 

I find this interesting:

"- He thinks they’ll hire an up and comer similar to Florida hiring Napier."

Definitely taking that with several grains of salt but that would seem to take Klieman and Liepold off the table right? Neither are new to the scene and both are 56+.

Edited by mannewers
spelling is hard

35 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Elko with the classic “I’m happy where I am” lines coaches always use while pushing to get the next job. 

yeah, we're about to find out if he's the family man he portrays. I can't imagine his family would be excited to go back to College Station given where they are now.

I know how stupid this sounds,  but did Aggie really fire a coach mid-season with no real idea who the new coach was going to be?  They are going to get slept on by everyone until rest of job landscape clears up, unless they absolutely money whip someone or promote a couple levels up overnight.  Their recruiting class is going to be toast and the portal exits are going to be extreme unless they have a rather oversized retention fund already lined up. 

Edited by TheAuditor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

I know how stupid this sounds,  but did Aggie really fire a coach mid-season with no real idea who the new coach was going to be?  They are going to get slept on by everyone until rest of job landscape clears up, unless they absolutely money whip someone or promote a couple levels up overnight.  Their recruiting class is going to be toast and the portal exits are going to be extreme unless they have a rather oversized retention fund already lined up. 

Ya, this is beginning to sound incredulous. When Texas decided to fire Herman, they were trying to get Urban, but had Sark and a few others as potential back-ups, and didn't officially pull the trigger on Herman until Sark was in the bag. To not do it this way is ridiculous.