Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

image.png.a6c797e6897d52265296c3021dd1725e.png

Such manly men these Aggies.

It also occurs to me how much this is like the SEC inviting Texas to join. They puff up and start demanding consideration or else! Then it's a humiliating forced retreat to the reality nobody gives a shit about their outraged fainting spells.

They may just stop showing people where the stadium is if this keeps up!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

If you grew up around them, or spend any significant amount of time around them, you know that aggys are uniquely sensitive and easily triggered. It’s one thing to stan your program, it’s entirely different to freak out like a child at even the most banal offenses (real or imagined). It’s why they are such a fucking beating to be around or talk to when it comes to sport. 

if I got this upset every time some talking head or self important “pundit” shat on Texas, I’d have died of an aneurysm when I was 15.

fucking babies. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I think that it was this thread that had screenshots of ags talking about:

1) Turning Longhorn items in Academy stores Upside-Down and/or Backwards on the rack.

2) Wanting to fuck with a dead man’s Longhorn lapel pin at an open casket funeral.

Well…

Last night I stopped into the Buc-ee’s in Temple on my drive back up to Dallas from the USA 🇺🇸 vs Trinidad & Tobago 🇹🇹 soccer game and wandered upon this:

IMG_0293.thumb.jpeg.c20cd21192c34862065603e97b5e9ffe.jpeg

College magnets, except…

IMG_0295.thumb.jpeg.5747bc945330889decd6f2c3b4fec107.jpeg

…apparently two magnets were too intimidating, so…

IMG_0294.thumb.jpeg.12b5e5ce6dc0cbc226e7b6bc84841329.jpeg

…someone had taken the time to flip the front Texas Longhorn magnets upside down.

🙄

I showed this to my elderly mother (who grew up in the Midwest and didn’t move to Texas until after college and stints in Chicago & NYC) and when she grasped what had happened she said:

”That just shows how inferior they [aggies] feel.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1) Turning Longhorn items in Academy stores Upside-Down and/or Backwards on the rack.

2) Wanting to fuck with a dead man’s Longhorn lapel pin at an open casket funeral.

Well…

Last night I stopped into the Buc-ee’s in Temple on my drive back up to Dallas from the USA 🇺🇸 vs Trinidad & Tobago 🇹🇹 soccer game and wandered upon this:

College magnets, except…

…someone had taken the time to flip the front Texas Longhorn magnets upside down.

🙄

I showed this to my elderly mother (who grew up in the Midwest and didn’t move to Texas until after college and stints in Chicago & NYC) and when she grasped what had happened she said:

It made you start singing this in your head, didn't it?

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

So should we start a meltdown thread for the videos that come out every single day that Arch is transferring? I swear to god these aggys are so damn thinned skinned.

The fact that they are this upset over this guy who has about as much screen talent and insight as a frisbee is hilarious. If Klatt, or Pate, or Brian Davis did something like this then sure, be all up in your feelings. But this guy?

12 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I still do not see why or how they promoted a position coach to interim head coach over their current O/C and D/C? Talk about a slap in the face to the coordinators?

Best recruiter. 

The next hire probably won't retain either the OC or DC and Robinson will be the 1st coach they try to keep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't get why they're sticking up for Jimbo. That guy fleeced them for $100 million, put out a crap product and acted like a pompous ass the whole time. And they still love the dude. If somebody did Texas like that, he would be excoriated in perpetuity. Shit, we've been killing Mack Brown on here for years and the dude brought us a national championship and a buttload of ten win seasons. Rhetorical question obviously, but what the hell is wrong with those people?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I really don’t know where they come up with these people (aggy). It’s baffling to the mind. All that talk about a Top 5 program that coaches just dream to Coach at? Really?

Hook’em!!!

They got rejected from everywhere else ? 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Also Durkin and Petrino are noted assholes which isn't ideal when you are trying to keep your good players from portaling.

aggy seems to have a weird obsession with Durkin. It sounds like they really want to keep him as DC.

I guess to keep the defensive roster together? But they've been smoked by the only good offenses they've faced this season and I bet that trend continues against LSU. 

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy seems to have a weird obsession with Durkin. It sounds like they really want to keep him as DC.

I guess to keep the defensive roster together? But they've been smoked by the only good offenses they've faced this season and I bet that trend continues against LSU. 

I have a hard time seeing Traylor take the job if the coaching staff is dictated to him and I can’t believe Elko would keep Durkin on if he takes the job. So really I don’t see any way Durkin stays. But maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I have a hard time seeing Traylor take the job if the coaching staff is dictated to him and I can’t believe Elko would keep Durkin on if he takes the job. So really I don’t see any way Durkin stays. But maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

So you’re holding out hope that they could still go with Urban?

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So you're saying Durkin staying would be a killer development?

I'll see myself out now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From what I've heard if they go with Traylor he would basically accept any conditions they demand (not in terms of money but other demands like 'keep X coach"). He views this as likely his one and only shot to ever coach at a power program. His next best alternative would be something like the Houston or Baylor job which are both major rebuilds with far less favorable conditions and resources. Beyond his desperation it probably isn't the worst idea to give Durkin a one year trial run anyway. It gives you a built in patsy if things go off the rails. It also likely would keep most of their key defensive guys from entering the portal since, for whatever reason, they all actually seem to like that bastard. 

If Elko gets the job then Durkin is pretty much 100% out the door since you have to think Elko will just bring Santucci with him. (I still think it will be Elko but some people who would have bet their house on that outcome two days ago now seem very confused at wtf is going on)

edit: I mean if the Aggies come to you and say "look you give this guy a one year shot and if it doesn't work out we will spend whatever it takes to get you whomever you want as DC for year two" that isn't exactly an intolerable offer. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Beyond his desperation it probably isn't the worst idea to give Durkin a one year trial run anyway. It gives you a built in patsy if things go off the rails.

If Durkin is not the best choice available to you, it would be foolish to keep him around as a patsy for problems he may actually generate himself.

Sometimes we overthink things. A new coach's focus is on winning not plotting schemes to deflect blame.

If things go poorly the first two years, the coach will still have assistants to fire if that's the best course for the program and keeping his job. No need to keep a dud around just in case.

Three different Texags threads this morning. 

First, one of about eleventy billion threads on their disdain for Traylor:

IMG_2193.thumb.jpeg.f752a40900be187521a26592dd511d55.jpeg

Next, the head coach isn’t all that important.

IMG_2194.thumb.jpeg.6532da25baddf00cc4d736de01571f21.jpeg

Finally, still butthurt over 247 daring to speculate about transfers, and the little nugget at the end of the second one below—that Auburn has worse coaches than aggy, despite the fact that there is no aggy coach. 
IMG_2196.thumb.jpeg.89f35730793e51c32985ac763b1b1460.jpeg

IMG_2197.thumb.jpeg.3f77f3ca631c6092dcd641451b3a25e4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/17/2023 at 11:12 AM, Napoleon said:

Well…

College magnets, except…

🙄

LOL, I was driving down the highway the other day and noticed a Century Club sticker on a truck’s rear window only because he was driving like an asshole. As he pulled further away I saw that he had a Longhorn hitch cover turned upside down. It’s unbelievable that this guy spent money on this item just so he could do this. I’m sure the idea seemed way better in his pea brain.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

From what I've heard if they go with Traylor he would basically accept any conditions they demand (not in terms of money but other demands like 'keep X coach"). He views this as likely his one and only shot to ever coach at a power program. His next best alternative would be something like the Houston or Baylor job which are both major rebuilds with far less favorable conditions and resources. Beyond his desperation it probably isn't the worst idea to give Durkin a one year trial run anyway. It gives you a built in patsy if things go off the rails. It also likely would keep most of their key defensive guys from entering the portal since, for whatever reason, they all actually seem to like that bastard. 
If Elko gets the job then Durkin is pretty much 100% out the door since you have to think Elko will just bring Santucci with him. (I still think it will be Elko but some people who would have bet their house on that outcome two days ago now seem very confused at wtf is going on)
edit: I mean if the Aggies come to you and say "look you give this guy a one year shot and if it doesn't work out we will spend whatever it takes to get you whomever you want as DC for year two" that isn't exactly an intolerable offer. 
Some new head coaches will keep one coach from the old staff either to maintain continuity, learn about the new school from them or it is someone they'd hire anyway. The aggy admin demanding certain coaches be retained is just dumb. Look at how long it took us to unfuck the defense when Sark hired all the defensive assistants before PK. Coordinators usually have input if not the final say on who they want, but PK was given a staff he didn't really know.

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

How in the world do they think Texas was lucky in the Iowa State game? 

Several penalties resulted in about 17 points taken off the board for Texas, the Worthy fumble, and then a couple fumbles for Iowa State that were somehow recovered by them. 

The only thing that kept this from being a 20 point loss for Iowa State was nothing going our way in the luck department. 

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Stop right there

I had a long reply but the next response is perfect.  Cognitive dissonance or as we call it, being an Aggy.  End of the day, the fucking team that just fired their coach for a buyout higher than the next 5 combined without a clear plan and will be going to the Sunflower seed bowl or whatever the fuck they actually get to this year after missing a bowl last year should shut the fuck up.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Acropora said:

End of the day, the fucking team that just fired their coach for a buyout higher than the next 5 combined without a clear plan and will be going to the Sunflower seed bowl or whatever the fuck they actually get to this year after missing a bowl last year should shut the fuck up.  

You're just not seeing the whole picture. All of the above is because they are unlucky and plotted against.

We are lucky and ever-plotting. And cheating. Oh, and destroying the conferences that we hold together after the pussies run away.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6